What do we agree upon?

I believe every houshold should have one of their cars be a pure plug in electric because they are perfectly capable for over 80% of Americans to use for their daily commute.........I also believe we need to have the Goc't build 10 to 20 nuclear power plants and then lease them to power cos. I think that is the only way we will get a new nuke power plant built due to the cost and red tape to get one built.

This is a thread to find things we agree upon and I hope it will be used in this fasion.......

I am pretty lib on most issues but I also have some strongly held conservative views....

I am for strong boarder control(all four of them).

I am opposed to gun control because I believe that law abiding citizens have the CONSTITUTIONAL right to bare arms.

I'm a Liberal, too! I'm with you on the two you listed. As a Liberal, I believe in limited government, free markets, individual liberty, and peace.

I think everyone agrees children should be able to grow into adults w/o getting their little fragile bodies blown to bits.
or "fiddled" with

I think that goes w/o saying.......

Can you believe I lost 30 rep overnight? I guess I am ruffleing feathers.......Oh well I guess I'll just have to deal with people hating me because I demand they support their arguments with FACTS. :eusa_silenced:

I agree that the constitution does protect an individual's right to own a firearm, so in keeping with the intent of our founding fathers we should allow anyone who wants to the right to own a musket. Anything beyond that is a stretch.

Then we better take control of the air force away from the commander in chief.

We better revert all of our armed forces to the condition they were when the Constitution was written. after all we wouldn't want to stretch the government's authority.

Oh and the BCS yeah it's crap. My Boise State Broncos didn't lose a game last year and they got screwed out of a BCS game because they will only let ONE mid major into the bowl games.

Hey let's all keep this thread going and keep it civil. I think the more we talk about issues the more we will find that we agree upon.

We all want what's best for our country though we often disagree with what that is but we will never change minds if we use hatefull speech and personal attacks.

Cold Fusion,

I agree with your beliefs. I also believe in a womans right to ABORTION on demand.

Can you believe I lost 30 rep overnight? I guess I am ruffleing feathers.......Oh well I guess I'll just have to deal with people hating me because I demand they support their arguments with FACTS.
I'd wear that like a badge of honor. Just remember, If numbskulls don't like you - you MUST be doing something right. :clap2:

I just love how I used to piss off the Neo-Con fools over on MSNBC........I always knew I was pissing them pff cause I would have to "match the charecters"
Is THAT what that was all about? I used to have to do that frequently too.

:beer:

One other thing I am conservative on is that illegal aliens have ZERO right to our social services.

I would like to hear from some conservatives about any liberal views they hold.

define liberal

I am constantly pegged as a right winger when i am one of the most liberal people here. that is i believe in liberty.

People who call themselves classical liberals today tend to have the basic view of rights and role of government that Jefferson and his contemporaries had. Moreover, they do not tend to make any important distinction between economic liberties and civil liberties.

What Is Classical Liberalism?

I imagine most of us agree that something needs to be done with healthcare in this country.

I doubt that we will come to an agreement as to what that something is.

Same thing with Social Security.

I believe abortion is wrong and ideally there would be none. I believe life is sacred and begins at conception.

I do not believe making abortion illegal will accomplish that goal... unfortunately.

I believe the government should get out of the marriage business in its entirety. I believe in civil unions for both straight and gay. Marriage is the realm of the church and the state should butt out.

I believe that we have the right to own weapons, but I have no problem with licensing and registration.

That is not all I believe but a good start.

Immie

However I am a supporter of rights for gays/lesbians....

I think Bush and his illegal war was the worst mistake in our nations history....

I believe we need to fund alternative energy to the largest extent possible.

You homosexuals have the same rights as every other citizen. You can fuck each other enter into a civil union 'til you die. You just can't get "married" in the traditional sense of the word. Get over it already!

You mentioned four borders. I know of two, the southern (Mexico)and the northern (Canada), who else borders the US ?

I imagine most of us agree that something needs to be done with healthcare in this country.

I doubt that we will come to an agreement as to what that something is.

Same thing with Social Security.

I believe abortion is wrong and ideally there would be none. I believe life is sacred and begins at conception.

I do not believe making abortion illegal will accomplish that goal... unfortunately.

I believe the government should get out of the marriage business in its entirety. I believe in civil unions for both straight and gay. Marriage is the realm of the church and the state should butt out.

I believe that we have the right to own weapons, but I have no problem with licensing and registration.

That is not all I believe but a good start.

Immie

I couldn't agree more about marriage.

This is a thread to find things we agree upon and I hope it will be used in this fasion.......

I am pretty lib on most issues but I also have some strongly held conservative views....

I am for strong boarder control(all four of them).

I am opposed to gun control because I believe that law abiding citizens have the CONSTITUTIONAL right to bare arms.

I don't think you'll find any legal American disputing strong border control, liberal or conservative.

Gun control is one of those gray areas that really can't be "controlled" as there will always be ways for people to obtain them no matter what law(s) are in place. I don't, however, think it would be unreasonable for a person to prove why he might "need" say an AK-47 to go deer hunting. (Settle down, folks, it's just a hypothetical...)

Forum List

Back