What Do Centrists Stand For?

LeroyDumonde

Platinum Member
May 30, 2023
We're always hearing the Democrats are too far left and Republicans are too far right. We're told we need a third party that is centrist. To me centrists are people who don't believe in anything except compromise. So here's your chance to change my mind. What do centrists really stand for?

Centrist is the wrong word, I am not really in the center on any single issue, I just do not agree with either side on most issues.

More personal freedom.

The right to marry the consenting adult you wish to marry. The right to run your business as you wish. The right to smoke a joint instead of drinking a 5th of Jack if that is what they want to do. Just to name a few.

On the flip side a smaller, less expensive Govt. We are 32T in debt as a nation due to out of control spending all while brining in record revenue each and every year. This is unsustainable.

Less Government intrusion in our lives. The Govt should not be deciding what is "truth" and what is not ,what books we can read, and more.

To me centrists are people who don't believe in anything except compromise.
Wrong. If the ends of the spectrum would get over themselves and grow up, the resulting communication, collaboration and innovation can create something NEW.

Like our Constitution.

But their egos are far too big for that. They and their tribes have all the answers, and they have ZERO curiosity. Cheering for your team is a lot easier than thinking and creating.

Wrong. If the ends of the spectrum would get over themselves and grow up, the resulting communication, collaboration and innovation can create something NEW.

Like our Constitution.

But their egos are far too big for that. They and their tribes have all the answers, and they have ZERO curiosity. Cheering for your team is a lot easier than thinking and creating.
Ok, but what do centrists stand for?

Centrist is the wrong word, I am not really in the center on any single issue, I just do not agree with either side on most issues.

More personal freedom.

The right to marry the consenting adult you wish to marry. The right to run your business as you wish. The right to smoke a joint instead of drinking a 5th of Jack if that is what they want to do. Just to name a few.

On the flip side a smaller, less expensive Govt. We are 32T in debt as a nation due to out of control spending all while brining in record revenue each and every year. This is unsustainable.

Less Government intrusion in our lives. The Govt should not be deciding what is "truth" and what is not ,what books we can read, and more.
You sound like a Libertarian, which makes you far left.

We're always hearing the Democrats are too far left and Republicans are too far right. We're told we need a third party that is centrist. To me centrists are people who don't believe in anything except compromise. So here's your chance to change my mind. What do centrists really stand for?
There is a problem with your assumptions. If you analyze the two parties you’ll find both are right wing parties. There is no leftism in the D Party. There is no compromise by either party, since they agree on most big issues.

Ok, but what do centrists stand for?
You're not getting it. There is not a set, rote list of responses like the wingers have. "I'm this!", "I'm that!"

If you want to know where someone in between the two ends stands on an issue, you'll have to ask them independently and specifically. And just because a centrist has one belief, for example abortion, that doesn't mean that the rest of their beliefs conveniently and obediently fall into place, left or right.

A centrist sees how ugly the two ends of the spectrum can be. No thanks.

The vast majority of people are "centrist".
And no one but leftist say that Republicans are too far right.
To them, EVERYONE is too far right.
Now as for Democrats, they are the ones that allowed their party to be completely taken over by the fringe nuts.

j8rPuh6.jpg

There is a problem with your assumptions. If you analyze the two parties you’ll find both are right wing parties. There is no leftism in the D Party. There is no compromise by either party, since they agree on most big issues.
We must have different definitions of left and right because I view both parties as left wing.

You're not getting it. There is not a set, rote list of responses like the wingers have. "I'm this!", "I'm that!"

If you want to know where someone in between the two ends stands on an issue, you'll have to ask them independently and specifically. And just because a centrist has one belief, for example abortion, that doesn't mean that the rest of their beliefs conveniently and obediently fall into place, left or right.

A centrist sees how ugly the two ends of the spectrum can be. No thanks.
Well if you're a centrist this is your opportunity to explain what you believe.

Like our Constitution.

Thinking back, what is your view on Ross Perot when he ran to be president?

No it does not. That is just stupid.

The best definition for a Libertarian is someone that is socially liberal and fiscally conservatives.
I was a libertarian for almost 30 years. Libertarians are far left, but for some reason have flipped the terms left and right around. The right always meant being opposed to Enlightenment ideas.

They're fascists.

They want to appease the bed wetter demands for a nanny gov't that provides all the shit they want for free in exchange for minimal exertion on their part, at the same time getting bed wetters to do something productive for people with money so that things can be accomplished and a profit can be had for those who organized the positive results. It's the marxist vs. industrial capitalist "compromise" of mussolini that sounds great on paper, shits the bed in reality yet "independents" cling to the concept as zealously as the bed wetters cling to marx.

Forum List

Back