what do atheists and agnostics think of Jesus saying they will be condemned

I can look at it this way and those who are mortal that judge me for my journey through life will be judged as harshly even if I am a Christian or not.

Who is God?

Which God are we writing about?

The God of Jesus was the Jewish God for the House of Abraham, so seeing I am not from that House his words mean nothing in my personal opinion…

1st post
We don't think of it at all.

That's what atheism is.

It's not an action or a belief. It's a lack of action or belief. We literally don't spare a thought to this nonsense, unless in a discussion about it or fighting to keep it out of our government.

These immoral, magical threats just affirm the atheists' decision to be atheist.
just more lies

Everyone thinks about what happens after death...

so quit lying your ass off

=

Everyone thinks about what happens after death...
That's not what you asked. Try to focus. You discredit yourself with this cheap shell game.

I am saying atheists don't give a thought to what one of several obsolete iron age books of mythology have to say about it.

5th post
For the most part, I find it hilarious that anyone would think such a threat even makes sense with the other demands in Christian mythology.

It is insanely inconsistent. Carlin puts it rather well:

For the most part, I find it hilarious that anyone would think such a threat even makes sense with the other demands in Christian mythology.

It is insanely inconsistent. Carlin puts it rather well:

I don't care what some mere human says esp the likes of Carlin

probably rotting in Hell

I am saying atheists don't give a thought to what one of several obsolete iron age books of mythology have to say about it.
I repeat: you are LYING

Everyone thinks about what happens at the end of life.. everyone thinks about the meaning of life. And everyone questions the existence of God if he or she does not already believe or know there is one..

We are made in God's image, therefore we think about Him. I don't believe anyone is a total, absolute atheist... don't bother trying to convince me otherwise

I repeat: you are LYING
No, sorry. You don't know what you are talking about. But I can play this game too:

You are lying and don't believe in Jesus. You are just hedging your bets to get into the forever Jesus festival.

God can see through your lies, liar. See you in hell.

I don't care what some mere human says esp the likes of Carlin

probably rotting in Hell
You ask and I gave you an answer.

That you don't actually care just shows you were being disingenuous when you asked the question. This is not surprising, theists are almost universally being disingenuous when they ask questions like this. Yet another reason it is viewed as asinine, the promoters of such claptrap are terrible at it.

10th post
Same. And I got called a liar for it. He's not looking for discussion. He's looking for affirmation. He loves the idea that atheists run around all day worrying about the childish, magical threats in the Bible. Which, of course, does not happen at all.

And any answer but this will be rejected.

That you don't actually care just shows you were being disingenuous when you asked the question. This is not surprising, theists are almost universally being disingenuous when they ask questions like this. Yet another reason it is viewed as asinine, the promoters of such claptrap are terrible at it.
i dont remember your answer... probably wasn't worth my time anyhow....

John 3:17-19​

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition​

17 For God sent not his Son into the world, to judge the world, but that the world may be saved by him.

18 He that believeth in him is not judged. But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the judgment: because the light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the light: for their works were evil. [emphasis added]

"what do atheists and agnostics think of Jesus saying they will be condemned"

That's a silly question if the statement indicates what has happened if someone denies it, and you ask it of someone who denies it.
They have already given you their answer of what they think about it.

You are free to argue with them about it, but you would be denying what Jesus said about them being "already judged".

You are not asking for their sake or salvation, but for validation of your beliefs ...
When Jesus has already offered you that validation in the statement you posted.

"what do atheists and agnostics think of Jesus saying they will be condemned"

That's a silly question if the statement indicates what has happened if someone denies it, and you ask it of someone who denies it.
They have already given you their answer of what they think about it.

You are free to argue with them about it, but you would be denying what Jesus said about them being "already judged".

You are not asking for their sake or salvation, but for validation of your beliefs ...
When Jesus has already offered you that validation in the statement you posted.

I'm not sure I get your main point..

I actually don't know why I asked...

I guess this is why:

Jesus said He ws the Son of God.. and so, you either believe that or you believe He was a fake... So I guess those who reject Him are saying the latter...

I don't have any reason to live in trembling fear of a book, written by fearful, superstitious men, who built a legend around tales and fables.

I don't have any reason to live in trembling fear of a book, written by fearful, superstitious men, who built a legend around tales and fables.
Why do you hate America?

Fear is not the point. Those who believe in Jesus are blessed to develop a relationship with him. Those who do not believe are condemned to have no relationship with Jesus. He will not force himself into any unwanted relationship.

Fear is not the point. Those who believe in Jesus are blessed to develop a relationship with him. Those who do not believe are condemned to have no relationship with Jesus. He will not force himself into any unwanted relationship.
Indeed. That's straight up illegal.

Forum List

Back