Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Blue and Brown

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Combination

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
No! It's a devil dress, dammit! :D

Lol. I actually found a pretty interesting video on the subject. :D

Okay, but this doesn't explain how two people sitting next to one another see it as two completely different colors. I think these people are just trying to guess. Also, I would look at the dress one moment, and it would be black and blue and then the next moment it would be gold and white??? This just doesn't explain it, or not well enough. Two people looking at the same dress at the same time in the same room should be seeing it under the same kind of "light" because it's a picture. Instead, we see it as two completely different colors. It isn't moving in and out of the light or anything. We see it as two completely different colors though.

Yeah, I've heard this explanation several times already but it really isn't a very good explanation, IMO.

Person 1 with brain 1 and set of eyes 1 looks at image. Person 2 with brain 2 and set of eyes 2 looks at image. Brain 1 processes image and sees white and gold. Brain 2 processes image and sees blue and black.

Brain 1 and brain 2 are both correct.

The blueish pixels in the image are washed out. The bluish pixels in the image also include a level of red and a level of green. The red and green in the pixels washes out the blue forming white. An equal amount of red blue and green is white on a computer screen. The difference between red blue and green is subtle in some versions of this picture. The person that took the picture took it with a bright light behind the dress. This washes out the pixels for the dress, making the emphasis on blue in the dress washed out.

Brain 1 correctly identifies the dress as white because they are being shown as only very slightly blue.
Brain 2 correctly identifies the blue in the dress by focusing in on the subtle blue shown in the dress.

Well, why do I see it differently almost every time I look at it?

Perspective bias.

cube.gif

It's the same issue with this box. Which square is in front the bottom right one or the top left one. Your brain can easily make it work either way.

They are both correct. You get to decide which you want to believe. The best answer is both. Thus with the dress white / gold is just as correct as blue / black. Why? Because the guy who took the photo washed it out so much so as to make it hard to tell.

Sort of like how the above box is washed out... Now if you add more detail to the above box you can fix it...

Looks like a 3-dimensional square box to me. No mystery there. Lol.

This dress is tearing the internet apart and we can't explain it (yet)

tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_500.jpg

Some people look at it and see white and gold, other people see the same image as blue and black (or brown), and yet other people look at it and see blue and black one moment but white and gold the next.

Why do different people insist they see white and gold, black and blue, or even both depending on when they look? One potential answer is that color is a lie, as this tweet from Kathryn Long, a tech artist at video game development studio Bioware, shows:

B-0BlacUcAEyzJh.png

Well, what do all of you see?

Personally, I see blue and very dark brown/grayish black.
icon_wink.gif

You are an idiot. That's what I see. My internet is completely intact. Maybe YOU think about "dresses" too much. That is unless you want to wear one like Giuliani. And there is nothing wrong with that in our modern world. Does it mean you are gay? Or a queer? A fag? A pillow biting cum guzzler? Maybe.

Well, fuck you too, I guess. :shrug:

Whoa there Hoss. I'm just messin with you. Or am I?????

It didn't seem like it, and Sgt is a very good guy. He's a good friend of mine.

Forum List

Back