What are your top 3 favorite rock groups

I like all the choices you all have posted so to be different only I will go with some others not mentioned...

UFO
Van Halen
Black Sabbath

The Eagles are the only ones that pop up right now.

Queen, because my older-than-dirt operatic tenor of a hubby respected them vocally.

I was a Zeppelin fan until I really contemplated Plant's perverse affectation of wearing clothing onstage that he'd gotten from the under aged girl he'd slept with the previous night.

I
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Moody Blues. It is the first that popped into my head. There are others of course.
Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Moody Blues. It is the first that popped into my head. There are others of course.

Skynryd is very special and I wish they had more time on EARTH
They have about 4 tunes I find legendary

you only get 3

Pink Floyd, Led Zep and Metallica

Pink Floyd would be there regardless of what metric I used. I really will have to think long and hard about the other 2. For instance, I think KISS is about the most impressive rock band there has ever been but I cannot say that I like a ton of their music. GNR really splashed hard but then crashed hard, but I like a lot of Appetite for Destruction. REM was a big part of my whippersnapper days, but they were more just nice rather than OMFG!!!!

The Eagles are the only ones that pop up right now.

I was a Zeppelin fan until I really contemplated Plant's perverse affectation of wearing clothing onstage that he'd gotten from the under aged girl he'd slept with the previous night.

???? REALLY. HE is a pervert???

Pink Floyd would be there regardless of what metric I used. I really will have to think long and hard about the other 2. For instance, I think KISS is about the most impressive rock band there has ever been but I cannot say that I like a ton of their music. GNR really splashed hard but then crashed hard, but I like a lot of Appetite for Destruction. REM was a big part of my whippersnapper days, but they were more just nice rather than OMFG!!!!

Waters is such an repulsive demon that its hard for me to still like them

Lots to choose from, but at this moment I’d have to say:

Rush
Bad company (Paul Rodgers voice is legendary)
Heart (Ann Wilson is another legendary voice and she has only gotten better with age)

I know we’re supposed to only put 3, but I have to say that number 3 slot was tough, because I’d put Journey right along side Heart.

Forum List

Back