What Are Your Religious Beliefs?

Oh, I got plenty of brain washing but the primary job of the pastor/priest is to bring home the bacon. No bodies, no bacon. Sure there were good moral teachings but I already knew not to rape, steal, murder, etc. Most of it is to groom your mind to not only accept the teachings but to consider any lack of solidarity as evil, impure or lost.
Do artists create, doctors heal, teachers teach, or scientists research, solely for the money? Or are the truly great, in each of these professions, offering something greater than riches?
Depends on the person. But if the funds don't come in they have to find a new gig.

..... I'm looking to go in the Bull Ring with someone regarding Christianity and their Religious beliefs.

So tell me, which of the following do you believe (and, if it's not listed, please specify)

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic
3. Believes in a Supreme Being, but not the God of the Bible
4. Believes in something, not necessarily a person, but a force
5. Believes there is no one thing or person that rules, but, more of a cosmic chain of events.

Again, there are many options, but, I'd like to hear what you believe, even if you aren't sure or don't care.

Thanks,

Atheist, Agnostic.

Everything on the planet has a life, flourishes then dies. Religion is man made horse shit devised for his own gain. SELAH

Do you think there is any meaning in living?

It depends.

Birth and death are real. If you do not waste your life in between dicking around with what is not real and what you do not believe then living will have more than meaning, you will rise from the dust of the earth and become a living being...

Be true to yourself. pretending to support something that you do not believe in isn't doing anyone any favors, especially you.

But if we just live and die, the the planet likely as well, in the end, nothing of it really mattered.

If is such a silly thing to worry about.

You know that you are here. Be true to yourself and you will know what it is to be alive and then everything will matter...

..... I'm looking to go in the Bull Ring with someone regarding Christianity and their Religious beliefs.

So tell me, which of the following do you believe (and, if it's not listed, please specify)

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic
5. Believes there is no one thing or person that rules, but, more of a cosmic chain of events.

Again, there are many options, but, I'd like to hear what you believe, even if you aren't sure or don't care.

Thanks,

Atheist, Agnostic.

Everything on the planet has a life, flourishes then dies. Religion is man made horse shit devised for his own gain. SELAH

Do you think there is any meaning in living?

It depends.

Birth and death are real. If you do not waste your life in between dicking around with what is not real and what you do not believe then living will have more than meaning, you will rise from the dust of the earth and become a living being...

Be true to yourself. pretending to support something that you do not believe in isn't doing anyone any favors, especially you.

But if we just live and die, the the planet likely as well, in the end, nothing of it really mattered.
The purpose of life is up to you. It can be an ordinary life, or you can choose to use your life in a way that benefits yourself and others.

Do you think that meditation is bullshit? There is scientific evidence that's beneficial. Meditation is a part of Buddhist and other contemplative religions.

Lol. What? Is meditation a religion?
Oh, come on. Meditation is a spiritual practice. It can be taught with or without a spiritual teaching.

And where did I mention meditation? Was it mentioned somewhere?

Do you think that meditation is bullshit? There is scientific evidence that's beneficial. Meditation is a part of Buddhist and other contemplative religions.

Oh, come on. Meditation is a spiritual practice. It can be taught with or without a spiritual teaching.

You said all religion is bullshit. Buddhism has great value because of the many methods of meditation that are taught.

No one is REQUIRED to practice Buddhism in order to meditate, but the methods have come from religion.

We can disagree amiably, can't we?

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic

Thanks,

I'm a Baptist....believe in God and His Son Jesus. I don't understand how so many Christians have gotten the basic Christian beliefs all twisted up and invented some new rules of their own. I don't believe this world came about by "chance" and I respect those that don't believe in God....that is their choice.

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, allmankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second,Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remissionof sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called of God, byprophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in theordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors,teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation,visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormonto be the word of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining thelaw.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
So a legion of personalities occupy your sole body? You sound like a committee.
9 of the 10 voices in my head tell me I need to clean my weapons today.

You said all religion is bullshit. Buddhism has great value because of the many methods of meditation that are taught.

No one is REQUIRED to practice Buddhism in order to meditate, but the methods have come from religion.

We can disagree amiably, can't we?

Since my link mentions nothing about meditation, I have no idea what you are being so dramatic about.

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic

Thanks,

I was raised and confirmed Catholic; I am and have been an agnostic since high school. That said, IF a supreme being exists, I believe S/He gave us a brain and free will, thus my behavior would not change if proof of a supreme being was established. I don't fear what cannot be proved, though I do accept the mores which have been attributed to Jesus Christ, be he a man or a son of god.

Sadly, too many who claim to be Christians hold beliefs he would abhor.

"Sadly, too many who claim to be Christians hold beliefs he would abhor."

Could not agree more and its why I don't trust or believe christians (lower case) who use their so-called god as a club with which to cause harm. But I do have respect for real Christians who actually try to live as Jesus taught.

To the OP: you actually asked two questions.

1. Atheist

2. Religion is the world's most successful and profitable scam.

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic

Thanks,

I'm a Baptist....believe in God and His Son Jesus. I don't understand how so many Christians have gotten the basic Christian beliefs all twisted up and invented some new rules of their own. I don't believe this world came about by "chance" and I respect those that don't believe in God....that is their choice.

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, allmankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second,Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remissionof sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called of God, byprophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in theordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors,teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation,visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormonto be the word of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining thelaw.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
So a legion of personalities occupy your sole body? You sound like a committee.
9 of the 10 voices in my head tell me I need to clean my weapons today.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammo.

tumblr_m20f2yLKUM1qjovado1_500.jpg

(fixed it)

It's still silly though. ;)

What, getting dressed up? :D

I would say that getting dressed up at your funeral is to please your family members. :)

I'm going to be cremated.

In Protestant or Ortodox church or third pieces in Christianity ??

wtf?

Not sure that is "worse" - I mean, wouldn't it be preferential to just live/die then worry about what happens to you in the afterlife?

That being said, all the made up "drama" of society is just something we do to try to contrive a sense of importance or purpose. But why?
Ego.

Where does ego come from? Just seems strange we would just happen to "pop" into existence with all these psychology issues etc.
Don't you think it would be human nature just to survive?

Although you seem to have similar beliefs, G.T. stated that his ego DOESN'T supercede his honesty.... meaning, so maybe you are saying the same thing, if you set aside your EGO, you can just accept things as they or (or as you PERCEIVE that they are).....

Yet ultimately, if left to our own devices aren't we driven bye 100% ego?

Where does compassion and love for others come into play?

"Just seems strange we would just happen to "pop" into existence ..."

I've read that before - the belief that life comes from nothing. Just suddenly, there we are. That's not the way it is at all.
34d58425a40783df6811b6c7366e0fa1.jpg

"... with all these psychology issues etc."

I believe we are born as a clean slate upon which our surroundings write.

295032b6bb925785113dc3077cfb34e6.jpg

Forum List

Back