What Are Your Chances of a White Christmas?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
This interesting interactive map shows your probability of a white Christmas. You can click on, expand, and zoom close to your hometown. If you click on the dot closest to you it will give you an exact percentage.

My area is at just about 50%, but having lived here for over twenty years, I would put it a bit over that. We are an elevated area that does tend to get more snow, but the two nearest "dots" on the map are each at least several miles away.

I noticed how little of the country is almost guaranteed a white Christmas: the mountainous regions of the West; the far upper Midwest; and the only the far northern parts of the Northeast. So not much of the nation--for all the hoopla about it!

What are your chances?

Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? | NOAA Climate.gov

My husband says he gets enough snow on a postcard, and I am tending to agree with him. If only the roads would be heated.

100%
shoot, we actually had a White Thanksgiving this year!!!

A white Christmas is pretty much a guarantee!

We have lived in Maine for 11 years and all 11 we have had a white Christmas!

100%
shoot, we actually had a White Thanksgiving this year!!!

A white Christmas is pretty much a guarantee!

We have lived in Maine for 11 years and all 11 we have had a white Christmas!

We had a white Thanksgiving too, but the way our weather goes, a white Christmas after that is not guaranteed!

But yeah Maine, that's WAY up there!

A couple inches fell yesterday with predicted temps below freezing for long term.
Hoping for more, would like to hit the highway ditches and snowmobile trails.
Typically MN is usually snow covered by Christmas.

I lived in northern Kentucky from late 1986 to the summer 1996. There was never once a white Christmas while I was there. I moved to east Tennessee in July 1996 which is where I have been ever since. My one and only white Christmas was in 2002. To this day, I still can't get over it happening here after all them years in a further north area.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Didn’t check but it’s MI so we sorta expect a white Christmas.

I enjoy the snow and love the smell of Sr. Toro in the morning blowing the stuff over onto the neighbor’s driveway.

Forum List

Back