What Amazon is doing is Unconscionable!!!

GHook20

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2020
Las Vegas and Chicago

Look I understand Amazon is a business and they need to make business decisions. We don’t want government running businesses or picking winners and losers. However these business decisions are unacceptable.

They are set for a 16.47% YOY growth with $63.574 BIL in revenue, yet they again announced another round of layoffs.

During the faux pandemic they had a near monopoly. They were making record profits while most small business struggled.

Even with double digit growth they are doing massive layoffs. Even without the layoffs, they would have had double digit growth.

Amazon has squeezed out the competition and treats their employees like cattle. They fit the mold of an evil corporation. Besos even looks like Lex Lurther.

I do not purchase anything from Amazon. I have found you can get the exact same products (or similar) for the same or lower prices.

F#ck Amazon.

If they don't have the work for the additional staff, what's wrong with wishing those who are no longer needed good luck in their future endeavors?

Amazon's business plan is to use a lot of automation to keep up with their competition.

BTW, they are hardly a "monopoly", they have a lot of competitors in every part of their vast enterprise.

The purpose of a busies to make money. That’s what the investors expect… as high a return on their investment as possible. If the employer can find less expensive employees or mechanize the process, they’re gonna do it.

Have a large ustomer that quit offering their products on Amazon because they lose 2% right off the top for OSD claims whether there are any or not. Over short damage. So if the shipment comes incomplete in good condition they lose that 2% just the same.

I'm a free market capitalist, but I have been swayed over the last few years due to Crony Capitalism. To me massive mutli bilion dollar corporations who receive government handouts which smaller companies don't receive should face antitrust laws. Corporate welfare is NOT capitalism.

Last edited:

Look I understand Amazon is a business and they need to make business decisions. We don’t want government running businesses or picking winners and losers. However these business decisions are unacceptable.

They are set for a 16.47% YOY growth with $63.574 BIL in revenue, yet they again announced another round of layoffs.

During the faux pandemic they had a near monopoly. They were making record profits while most small business struggled.

Even with double digit growth they are doing massive layoffs. Even without the layoffs, they would have had double digit growth.

Amazon has squeezed out the competition and treats their employees like cattle. They fit the mold of an evil corporation. Besos even looks like Lex Lurther.

I do not purchase anything from Amazon. I have found you can get the exact same products (or similar) for the same or lower prices.

F#ck Amazon.

They lost money in 2022.

If they don't have the work for the additional staff, what's wrong with wishing those who are no longer needed good luck in their future endeavors?

Amazon's business plan is to use a lot of automation to keep up with their competition.

BTW, they are hardly a "monopoly", they have a lot of competitors in every part of their vast enterprise.
Basically Amazon will replace workers with robots. So will other companies.

Eventually a Robot’s Rights group will emerge to argue that Amazon’s robots should be better treated.

Democrats will want the robots to be able to vote. One the reboots become citizens, Democrats will promise the robots cleaner electricity to charge with and better maintenance.

F#ck Amazon.
Amazon over expanded during the pandemic.
They doubled their workforce from 800k employees to 1600k.
This isnt too large considering their size.
The job cuts are in cloud computing, advertising, HR and twitch.

F#ck Amazon.
Machines are cheaper than employees @ $15/hour plus benefits, leaves, vacations and lawsuits. They don't call in sick or complain when told to work. The left's chickens are coming home to roost.

F#ck Amazon.

Meh, businesses are in the business of ROI for investors. They over-hired during the pandemic and well now they're addressing that.

Exactly. It's not the blue collar fulfillment center worker or their delivery drivers; it's the white collar jobs that are getting squeezed. TBH, more of this will probably help cool inflation.

I see Amazon as having insider info. Bezos and other tech executives know a recession is coming, especially now, and they're just trying to offload a bit early.

Don't get me wrong: Amazon is the evil empire, but I can't fault them for trying to be a more efficient company. I can fault them for many other things, though.

Exactly. It's not the blue collar fulfillment center worker or their delivery drivers; it's the white collar jobs that are getting squeezed. TBH, more of this will probably help cool inflation.

I see Amazon as having insider info. Bezos and other tech executives know a recession is coming, especially now, and they're just trying to offload a bit early.

Don't get me wrong: Amazon is the evil empire, but I can't fault them for trying to be a more efficient company. I can fault them for many other things, though.

Why is success always viewed as evil.

Why is success always viewed as evil.
For whatever reason some people think there is a finite amount of wealth in the world so every dollar you have is a dollar that has to have been stolen or kept from someone else. It's an odd way of thinking but none the less people believe it

For whatever reason some people think there is a finite amount of wealth in the world so every dollar you have is a dollar that has to have been stolen or kept from someone else. It's an odd way of thinking but none the less people believe it
They do not understand how effective management uses capital, raw materials, and labor to increase wealth and thus increase dollars. Those who have jobs do not see themselves as a part of the wealth creation process, but rather as someone who "has to" work for a company that is out to screw them.

All their profit is being generated by AWS. Selling you umbrellas online at the lowest price and having them delivered on Sunday morning in an Amazon truck still isn't a profitable model. It is something the company has always struggled with. Part of that has to do with the stockholder pressure to always "grow" every year.

Exactly right.

Here is a chart everyone should see. The purple bars are how many people were hired by tech firms during the pandemic. The tiny little orange bits are how many they have laid off.

No comparison!

hires-and-layoffs.jpg

Forum List

Back