What aggressive welfare reform should really look like...

Habitual able bodied beggars should be awarded a taxpayer funded fishing pole, a tent, some necessities for rugged survival and a bus ride to a resource rich wilderness. Early settlers had to start from scratch and live off the land...why shouldn't our pet humans have to do the same?
Early settlers had to start from scratch

Well, perhaps some did, but many didn't. Surely you don't think the only things on the ships that brought intrepid Europeans to the New World contained only humans and enough food and water for the voyage where upon arriving, they were dropped off and had no equipment and other material resources along with money. After all, Australia, not North America, was England's penal colony. More importantly, however, among people who couldn't finance the trip on their own, they arrived with a sure job and some sort of housing arrangement. Accordingly, left to their own devices was not the nature of their situation upon landing in the colonies.

For however romantic be the notion of "starting from scratch," that's really not the situation faced by most colonists. And it certainly was not the situation of the earlier explorers like Cortez, DeSoto, Coronado, et al. Nor was it the plight of most settlers in the westward expansion of America, something that's made pretty apparent by the simple observation that one doesn't need a wagon to carry one's stuff if one doesn't have stuff. People who haven't got stuff, or who have very little stuff need a bag of some sort, not a wagon.

e294ee66eba80d2c1909d0586b00fa8c--western-saloon-western-art.jpg

Let me tell you something Matt: if we could take all the so-called poor, put them on an island somewhere, not only would they not be missed, but it would benefit our society. If you took all the wealthy and did the same thing, our country would collapse.

BS. 99% of the wealthy are useless. They are lawyers and politicians and financiers and athletes and entertainers. For every steven jobs and henry ford there a a hundred warren buffets and lebron james. THINK

Let them die....

That is your idea of welfare reform. You're an evil piece of subhuman trash for this immoral hatred of the poor. Why not attack the goddamn rich that take thousands of times more out of the economy?

Let me tell you something Matt: if we could take all the so-called poor, put them on an island somewhere, not only would they not be missed, but it would benefit our society. If you took all the wealthy and did the same thing, our country would collapse.

Wealth is what made this a great nation--not poverty. Show me one great country that became that way because of poor people.

Why not attack the rich? Because it's the rich that pay most all of our income taxes for your precious social programs. It's the rich that provide us with jobs and structural growth.

When you go to a city downtown, and look at all those big tall buildings, the crowded streets, the economic activity, the poor didn't build that. The wealthy did.
Why do you hate poor people?

Who built those great buildings?
Who built the railroads, bridges, tunnels and roads?
Who worked in the factories?
Who farmed the America?

Without the workers there would be no America.

We are great because of our diversity and that diversity includes poor people.

Let them die....

That is your idea of welfare reform. You're an evil piece of subhuman trash for this immoral hatred of the poor. Why not attack the goddamn rich that take thousands of times more out of the economy?

Wealth is what made this a great nation--not poverty. Show me one great country that became that way because of poor people.

Why not attack the rich? Because it's the rich that pay most all of our income taxes for your precious social programs. It's the rich that provide us with jobs and structural growth.

When you go to a city downtown, and look at all those big tall buildings, the crowded streets, the economic activity, the poor didn't build that. The wealthy did.

Who farmed the America?

Who built those great buildings? People paid by rich people.

Who built the railroads, bridges, tunnels and roads? People paid by the government from taxes on rich people.

Who worked in the factories? People paid by rich people.

Who farmed the America? People employed by rich people who owned the farms. My father did not own any of the land he farmed.

Any other questions?

Let them die....

Who farmed the America?

Who built those great buildings? People paid by rich people.

Who built the railroads, bridges, tunnels and roads? People paid by the government from taxes on rich people.

Who worked in the factories? People paid by rich people.

Who farmed the America? People employed by rich people who owned the farms. My father did not own any of the land he farmed.

Any other questions?
None of which would have happened without the labor of poor people. You can't have one without the other.

I want more welfare for the disabled, poor and old! None of these people should have to slave and that is exactly what you aim to make them into. SLAVES, SERFS and subhuman trash is all they're within your mind. For what? So some rich fucker can rob 90% of the profit and offshore it?

I want single payer so no one has to have their life destroyed over an illness.

Conservative ideas have always been about the super rich and screwing over the vast majority of our country. No more!

I want more welfare for the disabled, poor and old! None of these people should have to slave and that is exactly what you aim to make them into. SLAVES, SERFS and subhuman trash is all they're within your mind. For what? So some rich fucker can rob 90% of the profit and offshore it?

Conservative ideas have always been about the super rich and screwing over the vast majority of our country. No more!

Now we are 20 trillion dollars in debt. Where do you plan to get the money for all these wonderful things you want?

Now we are 20 trillion dollars in debt. Where do you plan to get the money for all these wonderful things you want?

Why...by printing more cash...ofcouse...haha

Many of those who are poor are classified as working poor. Many others are poor through adverse circumstances and even if it is bad decisions we have all made bad decisions at one time or another. There will always be some who prefer to live off of others...some are poor slackers who can't be bothered to work...some are wealthy slackers who inherited and never earned a dime.

BS. 99% of the wealthy are useless. They are lawyers and politicians and financiers and athletes and entertainers. For every steven jobs and henry ford there a a hundred warren buffets and lebron james. THINK

Great. Then next time you need a job, ask a homeless person. THINK!

One side demonizes the rich, the other demonizes the poor. With out the rich you have no jobs and without the poor you have no one needing jobs. No capital...and no labor.

Don't strip respect and dignity from some one simply on the basis of their lack of wealth.

Many of those who are poor are classified as working poor. Many others are poor through adverse circumstances and even if it is bad decisions we have all made bad decisions at one time or another. There will always be some who prefer to live off of others...some are poor slackers who can't be bothered to work...some are wealthy slackers who inherited and never earned a dime.

Sure, we all made bad decisions in life, it's part of being human. But I paid for my own bad decisions and still do. I don't expect my neighbor to bail me out because of repetitive mistakes I make.

The only reason there is such a thing a the "working poor" is not because of income, but because of spending. If you have no trade, education or transferable skills, you shouldn't be having children; you shouldn't be buying the new I-phone or leasing your car where you get a new one every three years. Because this is how our government does things and look at the situation we are in.

I don't expect everybody to love the wealthy. Of course there is all kinds of envy and hatred out there. But given the fact these are the people who contribute the most, the least we can do is not make them our public enemy.

One side demonizes the rich, the other demonizes the poor. With out the rich you have no jobs and without the poor you have no one needing jobs. No capital...and no labor.

Don't strip respect and dignity from some one simply on the basis of their lack of wealth.

The problem with your theory is that the workers need the employers more than the employer needs the workers. That's why employers don't fill out applications for the workers; the workers fill out applications to get a job from the employers.

Sure, we all made bad decisions in life, it's part of being human. But I paid for my own bad decisions and still do. I don't expect my neighbor to bail me out because of repetitive mistakes I make.

The only reason there is such a thing a the "working poor" is not because of income, but because of spending. If you have no trade, education or transferable skills, you shouldn't be having children; you shouldn't be buying the new I-phone or leasing your car where you get a new one every three years. Because this is how our government does things and look at the situation we are in.

I don't expect everybody to love the wealthy. Of course there is all kinds of envy and hatred out there. But given the fact these are the people who contribute the most, the least we can do is not make them our public enemy.
I would make the same argument for the poor. ....contribute the most.....there is no wealthy contributions without the labor to turn idea into form. Let's not make them our public enemy either.

The problem with your theory is that the workers need the employers more than the employer needs the workers. That's why employers don't fill out applications for the workers; the workers fill out applications to get a job from the employers.
And employers put out signs and ads asking for workers.

I would make the same argument for the poor. ....contribute the most.....there is no wealthy contributions without the labor to turn idea into form. Let's not make them our public enemy either.

No, the poor contribute nothing. That's why they are living on taxpayer dollars. They don't contribute to society, they take from society.

No, the poor contribute nothing. That's why they are living on taxpayer dollars. They don't contribute to society, they take from society.
Even the ones who work?

Sure they do. How else would a worker know where the jobs are at?

Sure they do. How else would a worker know where the jobs are at?
They do it because they need workers as much as workers need jobs.

Even the ones who work?

If you work full-time and are still poor, it's your own fault. You are doing something wrong. Either you have a perverted priority of spending, haven't done much to improve your skills to make more money, or are not working enough hours.

Forum List

Back