Wharton's jelly found to halt diabetes progression in Phase II trial

Jessica-stormlover

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2021
Wharton's jelly found to halt diabetes progression in Phase II trial
by Justin Jackson , Medical Xpress
Research in Sweden led by the University of Uppsala has looked into using mesenchymal stromal cells to halt the progress of newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes. In the paper, "Umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stromal cells preserve endogenous insulin production in type 1 diabetes: a Phase I/II randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial," published in the journal Diabetologia, researchers detail the study and results of a small sample set of 24 participants.

The researchers used Wharton's jelly-derived mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) that were not derived from the patients in the study (allogeneic).

Appears promising!

Interesting.

I have type 2 diabetes and for some reason I can now go a week without insulin.
I haven't changed anything,this just came out of the blue. Obviously I still check my blood sugar 3 or 4 times a day but with the new sensores that you leave on makes it as easy as scanning the device with your phone.
My problem has always been elevated sugar not low sugar. I was shocked when I checked my sugar after injecting insulin and it was 67 which is way to low.
So I stopped using insulin and kept a close eye on my sugar and low and behold it stayed around 120 which is totally acceptable.

Forum List

Back