WH Indicates It's in No Hurry to Engage China

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The problem is this "we are doing stuff with our allies" hasn't worked for 25 years and it certainly won't work in 2021. America must be the leader and a loud and bold one at that.

I'm reading the tea leaves and as anticipated there is a new shift from Japan, Taiwan, India and Australia in particular in building closer alliances to battle China. America isn't viewed the same now and a further race to the bottom will occur if America doesn't lead.

This isn't my political bias or preference, I don't care who is in power in any Western nation, the threat from China couldn't be more clear. A tough approach is the only approach that will work. Foreign citizens aren't interested in Identity Politics or other nonsense, they simply want strong, decisive and publicly supportive administrations.

If America goes back to being a mouse, we can all bend over and kiss our asses goodbye. Certainly it will spell the end of capitalism, liberty and American Exceptionalism. Once gone, it's very difficult to get back.

Chinese spies are trying to influence Western politicians to weaken us, not just steal intel, military and businesses secrets.

Home | Politics
Tags: china

(Getty)
Tuesday, 02 February 2021 05:59 PM

The Biden administration indicated on Tuesday it is in no hurry to engage with China and would do so once it was in "lockstep" with allies and partners.
White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told briefing she could not say when a call might take place between Chinese President Xi Jinping and President Joe Biden, who has spoken to many world leaders since taking office on Jan. 20.
She said that with the Senate confirmation of Tony Blinken as U.S. Secretary of State, "there are additional layers to engage with the Chinese."
But both Psaki and State Department spokesman Ned Price said speaking to allies and partners came first.
Price told a briefing there were issues, including climate change, "in which it is our national interest to cooperate on a limited basis with China."
He said U.S. alliances and partnerships were a "force multiplier across any range of challenges, and that includes in our relationship with Beijing.
"So, as a first step we want to make sure that we are in lockstep with those allies, in lockstep with those partners, and then ... you can expect that there will be engagement in several areas with China."

The problem is this "we are doing stuff with our allies" hasn't worked for 25 years and it certainly won't work in 2021. America must be the leader and a loud and bold one at that.

I'm reading the tea leaves and as anticipated there is a new shift from Japan, Taiwan, India and Australia in particular in building closer alliances to battle China. America isn't viewed the same now and a further race to the bottom will occur if America doesn't lead.

This isn't my political bias or preference, I don't care who is in power in any Western nation, the threat from China couldn't be more clear. A tough approach is the only approach that will work. Foreign citizens aren't interested in Identity Politics or other nonsense, they simply want strong, decisive and publicly supportive administrations.

If America goes back to being a mouse, we can all bend over and kiss our asses goodbye. Certainly it will spell the end of capitalism, liberty and American Exceptionalism. Once gone, it's very difficult to get back.

Chinese spies are trying to influence Western politicians to weaken us, not just steal intel, military and businesses secrets.

Home | Politics
Tags: china

WH Indicates It's in No Hurry to Engage China's in No Hurry to Engage China

(Getty)
Tuesday, 02 February 2021 05:59 PM

The Biden administration indicated on Tuesday it is in no hurry to engage with China and would do so once it was in "lockstep" with allies and partners.
White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told briefing she could not say when a call might take place between Chinese President Xi Jinping and President Joe Biden, who has spoken to many world leaders since taking office on Jan. 20.
She said that with the Senate confirmation of Tony Blinken as U.S. Secretary of State, "there are additional layers to engage with the Chinese."
But both Psaki and State Department spokesman Ned Price said speaking to allies and partners came first.
Price told a briefing there were issues, including climate change, "in which it is our national interest to cooperate on a limited basis with China."
He said U.S. alliances and partnerships were a "force multiplier across any range of challenges, and that includes in our relationship with Beijing.
"So, as a first step we want to make sure that we are in lockstep with those allies, in lockstep with those partners, and then ... you can expect that there will be engagement in several areas with China."
This should be no surprise to anyone as I have said here before rather it has been on domestic or foreign policy throughout his political career Joe Biden has gone along to get along and taken the path of least resistance.

Forum List

Back