Western 'thank' to Gorbachev

No one of western 'leaders' was present by funeral of Gorbachev
No respect to Gorby and his work
Because Putin refused to honor Gorbachev by making it a state funeral. But, the US ambassador did attend the funeral.

Obviously, they didn't want to travel to Russia under the present circumstances, but why didn't Putin attend?

We're talking about western 'leaders', not about Putin who hates both Gorby and his Perestroika.
Especially Germans should be a little bit more thankful for reunification

Because Putin refused to honor Gorbachev by making it a state funeral. But, the US ambassador did attend the funeral.

Gorby changed the world.
No one said thanks except a small ambassador

No one wanted or asked for permission to visit Russia
And I'm sure you can provide evidence.......... Evidence that the Western Leaders would not have been taken hostage by Pootin if they even tried to show up.......:rofl:

No one of western 'leaders' was present by funeral of Gorbachev
No respect to Gorby and his work
I for one sent up a little prayer for him and his family when I heard he had passed. He was appointed General Secretary of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union, but his heart never was in communism. He had too much economic sense and knew that Marxism--the philosophy now being pushed by the American left though they don't call it that--was not the way for a people or nation to thrive and prosper.

It was for that reason that he ended communism and oversaw the beginning of the disbanding the Soviet Union. Both Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan liked and admired him greatly despite some testy and blunt confrontations over the years. In time they became friends.

One of my most poignant memories was Mikhail Gorbachev, with tears in his eyes, attending President Reagan's funeral. And I thought that yes, peace in our time was possible.

Last edited:
I for one sent up a little prayer for him and his family when I heard he had passed. He was appointed General Secretary of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union, but his heart never was in communism. He had too much economic sense and knew that Marxism--the philosophy now being pushed by the American left though they don't call it that--was not the way for a people or nation to thrive and prosper.

It was for that reason that he ended communism and oversaw the disbanding the Soviet Union. Both Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan liked and admired him greatly despite some testy and blunt confrontations over the years. In time they became friends.

One of my most poignant memories was Mikhail Gorbachev, with tears in his eyes, attending President Reagan's funeral. And I thought that yes, peace in our time was possible.
He didn’t want to end communism; he was trying to fix it.

Forum List

Back