Westboro Baptists Will Picket Paul Walker's Funeral

Is the behavior of the Westboro Baptist Church, picketing funerals, Christian behavior? Does it align with any Christian values or tenets?

Is the behavior of the Westboro Baptist Church, picketing funerals, Christian behavior? Does it align with any Christian values or tenets?

No, they're a bunch of kooks led by their father. It's basically a large extended family and they are loony. Christian they are not.

Bloody Christians at it again.

Make that 'Westboro Baptist misguided Christians at it again'.

And where, pray tell, are the cops and the govt man stopping them from ruining funerals?
If the cops and the govt man aren't going to protect funerals and the grieving relatives and friends at them...then they can hardly complain when vigilantes do their job for them.

The Westboro Baptist lot were going to travel to Australia and picket/ruin Heath Ledger's funeral.
Some spokeswoman in America told the no 1 radio host in Sydney/nationwide/worldwide on the net www.2gb.com that it was because of 'Brokeback Mountain".

The talkback phone lines lit up like the 4th July...people basically declaring that terrible things would happen to them if they came down here causing trouble at Heath's funeral.
They never appeared.

Last edited:

No, they're a bunch of kooks led by their father. It's basically a large extended family and they are loony. Christian they are not.

images
images

Last edited:
Bloody Christians at it again.

Make that 'Westboro Baptist misguided Christians at it again'.

Impossible.
If some Christians do it, they must all be like that.
I know this because some Muslims kill people and, I'm assured, that means all Muslims do it.

That being the case, all Christians must be raving nutters.

HuffPost Live

Are these people mentally ill? Misguided? Deeply religious? What?

What could make anyone think picketing a funeral is the correct thing to do, is something God would want?

Obviously not a spokesperson for any religion....

But....

"Phelps was once an active contributor to the Democratic Party and was an enthusiastic supporter of Al Gore for president in 1988,[3] calling Gore "the icon of the conservative faction of the Democratic Party."[4] Phelps's son, Fred Phelps, Jr., served as a delegate for Gore. [5] During Gore's 1984 campaign for the U.S. Senate, he was against a bill that would outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation, and refused to take donations from gay rights organizations. Gore said in an interview with the Nashville Tennessean, "I don't pretend to have an understanding of homosexuality that sustains a discussion of its roots ... but I do not believe it is simply an acceptable alternative that society should affirm."[6]

In 1992 Phelps supported Bill Clinton for president, and later became critical of President Clinton's pandering for gay voters. Phelps led a demonstration at the 1997 Clinton inaugural. [7][8]

Phelps ran for governor of Kansas as a Democrat in 1990, 1994, and 1998.[9] Phelps received 31% of the vote in Kansas's 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate.[10] In 1993 and 1997,[11][12] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka. He supported Al Gore in the 1988 primaries."
Fred Phelps - Conservapedia

And aren't most of them attorney's?? :cuckoo:

And aren't most of them attorney's?? :cuckoo:

Yes, this is how they advertise. And they have won some fairly significant civil rights cases.

I refuse to any longer call them by name or talk at length about "them."

I tried (unsuccessfully) to get their website legally closed down. The problem is, that they have a right to free speech, but I don't have to help them to have a platform to express it.

Let them act like giant ass-holes. Ignoring their misguided stupidity is the worst thing we can do to them.

HuffPost Live

Are these people mentally ill? Misguided? Deeply religious? What?

What could make anyone think picketing a funeral is the correct thing to do, is something God would want?

They are 20 individuals all of whom are members of the same family. They have devised a plan to deliberately be provocative to get others to stop them. Then they sue and win. Several members have gone to law school and become lawyers who only represent the family. That's how they support themselves. Religion to them is a tool, a sideshow. Think of them as gypsies putting on an odious show for money.

Forum List

Back