West VA Congressman Proposes Ending Child Support Because It Leads To Abortion

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Chris Pritt owns his own law practice, Pritt Law, where he specializes in divorce, custody arguments and child support. But standing before the state legislature in West Virginia, his argument was a linguistic pretzel to justify eliminating all child support for the parent who gets custody of a child. According to Pritt, there are fathers who don't want to be involved in the lives of their children. "If she carries through with the pregnancy, he's going to have, possibly, some sort of child support obligation," said Pritt. "And, so, what he wants to do is, he wants to — in a sense — encourage her to go and find a way for her to get an abortion. So, I think that's a really clear possibility if we enact the Second Amendment here, I don't want to be doing anything that is encouraging thugs to go and get an abortion'. It's unclear what he means by referencing the Second Amendment."

Apparently, forcing fathers to pay child support only leads to abortion -- therefore, if you are against abortion, obviously you should be against things that lead to abortion....like child support....Now I doubt it goes anywhere, but the fact an elected GOP congressman is in the state house openly trying to link child support to abortion is why I mock Conservatives...They can basically say the dumbest shit that even they themselves will try to distance away from -- and there will always be other Conservatives willing to make themselves look dumber by trying to justify it...

Last edited:
Thats kinda fucked up.
Men do get the shitty end of the stick in a lot of child support verdicts but doing away with child support is kind of extreme.
Makes you wonder if he was on the shitty end of the stick at some point in his life.

"Chris Pritt owns his own law practice, Pritt Law, where he specializes in divorce, custody arguments and child support. But standing before the state legislature in West Virginia, his argument was a linguistic pretzel to justify eliminating all child support for the parent who gets custody of a child. According to Pritt, there are fathers who don't want to be involved in the lives of their children. "If she carries through with the pregnancy, he's going to have, possibly, some sort of child support obligation," said Pritt. "And, so, what he wants to do is, he wants to — in a sense — encourage her to go and find a way for her to get an abortion. So, I think that's a really clear possibility if we enact the Second Amendment here, I don't want to be doing anything that is encouraging thugs to go and get an abortion'. It's unclear what he means by referencing the Second Amendment."

Apparently, forcing fathers to pay child support only leads to abortion -- therefore, if you are against abortion, obviously you should be against things that lead to abortion....like child support....Now I doubt it goes anywhere, but the fact an elected GOP congressman is in the state house openly trying to link child support to abortion is why I mock Conservatives...They can basically say the dumbest shit that they will themselves try to distance themselves from -- and there will always be other Conservatives willing to make themselves look dumber by trying to justify it...

I know I'm in favor of ending taxation because such money goes to fund stupidity.

R.d91889ae4cfc892326e6a4ccb13da462

Apparently, forcing fathers to pay child support only leads to abortion -- therefore, if you are against abortion, obviously you should be against things that lead to abortion....like child support....Now I doubt it goes anywhere, but the fact an elected GOP congressman is in the state house openly trying to link child support to abortion is why I mock Conservatives...They can basically say the dumbest shit that even they themselves will try to distance away from -- and there will always be other Conservatives willing to make themselves look dumber by trying to justify it...

He wants those forcibly born children SHOT?????? :eusa_think:

Actually, child support has the exact opposite effect as that claimed. Aborting the child means the mother won't receive child support so why abort. Popping out the baby increases income.

Oh FFS....

1) What one person says, doesn't represent the entire populace of people who share something else in common.
2) The example he gave is entirely true. OBVIOUSLY there are young men who try and talk a girl into an abortion because he doesn't want a kid and even more pay child support to a kid he doesn't want.

So there... one you are a simpleton for trying to say this opinion is everyone else's, and second what he is saying is true. Doesn't mean we should eliminate child support, and I didn't hear him say that actually. They left that out of the video clip and the article.
Or was he saying there should be a way for males who don't want the child to not have to pay support.... I don't know whta he said because neither the article or the video show it

Oh FFS....

1) What one person says, doesn't represent the entire populace of people who share something else in common.
2) The example he gave is entirely true. OBVIOUSLY there are young men who try and talk a girl into an abortion because he doesn't want a kid and even more pay child support to a kid he doesn't want.

So there... one you are a simpleton for trying to say this opinion is everyone else's, and second what he is saying is true. Doesn't mean we should eliminate child support, and I didn't hear him say that actually. They left that out of the video clip and the article.
Or was he saying there should be a way for males who don't want the child to not have to pay support.... I don't know whta he said because neither the article or the video show it

I'll keep that in mind next time right-wingers on here are freaking out over what some random person said or did when you folks are claiming "This is how All liberals are bro!!"

Let's outlaw sex outside marriage. No abortion. No child support. Problem solved! It's just amazing how many problems are solved when you behave morally. 90% of the world's problems would go away. But no, the godless won't hear of it. Tells you they don't really care about the problems.

Last edited:

What idiocy.

I'll keep that in mind next time right-wingers on here are freaking out over what some random person said or did when you folks are claiming "This is how All liberals are bro!!"
Ahh... so you aspire to be the lowest common denominator?
Gee... no surprise then

He's doing it wrong.

The law should be that in any state that the mother can choose to terminate her financial responsibility for a child via abortion after viability...fathers should also have the same choice of severing financial responsibility.

That will drive a wooden stake though the heart of any abortion law after viability.

And I think you could make an equal protection argument that might passs muster.

Forum List

Back