West Point does away with Duty, Honor, Country" in its mission statement replaced with "Army values"

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

In a move sure to worry many that the venerable two-century-old West Point is going woke, Superintendent Lt. Gen. Steve Gilland announced Monday a change in the institution's mission statement.

The phrase "duty, honor, country" is out -- exchanged for the more amorphous "Army values."

The United States Military Academy's previous mission statement was: "To educate, train and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the nation as an officer in the United States Army."

The new mission statement, according to a news release from the academy, is: "To build, educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets to be commissioned leaders of character committed to the Army Values and ready for a lifetime of professional excellence and service to the Army and Nation."

One would think that the two would be synonymous, but... maybe not?.....So what exactly are the Army values now?

I suspect it's to get the point across to cadets that their loyalty is to the government, not to the people.

Last edited:
My dad was a USMA graduate and I'm glad he didn't live long enough to see this shit. It's not even a shell of what it once was.

Everything the dims touch turns to shit.... and then dies.

This all happened in the past 2 and a half years?

How sad.

To educate, train and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the nation as an officer in the United States Army."

This all happened in the past 2 and a half years?

How sad.

To educate, train and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the nation as an officer in the United States Army."
The new one:

The new mission statement, according to a news release from the academy, is: "To build, educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets to be commissioned leaders of character committed to the Army Values and ready for a lifetime of professional excellence and service to the Army and Nation."

My son didn't understand. He said "Duty, Honor, and Country" is a big reason a lot of people go to West Point.

The change to "Army values" puts them in the service of the Army, whereas Duty, Honor, and Country puts them in service of the country.

I remember when cheating was considered almost a capital offense, at ALL the academies. But now it's becoming commonplace. Maybe stealing elections is not the best example to set?

We really don't need military academies anymore, as we go through this 3rd-world decay that we're experiencing. For what.... this depraved shit?

military 6.jpg

Forum List

Back