Went To A Laundr-O-mat

I had that happen in the grocery store parking lot. my truck wasn't even near another car.

Luckily when I bought the truck I paid extra for the paint sealant so the key scratch only scraped the clear coat...it didn't make it down to the paint.

It's why I dont put anything that could be construed as a conservative message on my truck.
Even here in Texas the few liberals we have outside of the big cities will still fuck up your shit.
I like my truck way to much to let that happen.

IMG_2605.jpeg

I had that happen in the grocery store parking lot. my truck wasn't even near another car.

Luckily when I bought the truck I paid extra for the paint sealant so the key scratch only scraped the clear coat...it didn't make it down to the paint.

The first thing I would have done is talk to the store manager asking for video if they had cameras.

It's why I dont put anything that could be construed as a conservative message on my truck.
Even here in Texas the few liberals we have outside of the big cities will still fuck up your shit.

View attachment 770528

View attachment 770528
I love the color of your truck, and the black wheels look great on it. I thought long and hard about buying a new Tacoma before Covid, but then Covid hit and the prices got jacked up. I'm no longer thinking of buying anything new now that I'm retired.

The problem with laundromats is that if you convince some chick to blow you while waiting for your clothes to dry, there is probably a good chance she is a meth whore and will pass some sort of gross disease to you.

My dryer ain't throwing any heat...the heating element busted.

I wasn't looking forward to going to a laundr-o-mat...ain't been to one in decades.

Then I thunked...I could do 3 loads all at the same time...even a load of whites just to piss off IM2.

So that's what I did...got 3 loads washed, dried, and folded in an hour and a half
:banana:

I gotta say...that was pretty slick!

I have a 2nd bug-out-bag that I haven't filled yet...so I was able to pack all 3 loads into it & carry it in & out pretty easily.

Years ago on one of my old dryers I thought the heating element went bad, but it turned out to only be a thermal fuse.

Something to think about before buying a new dryer.

The fuse was dirt cheap and pretty easy to replace. Took like twenty minutes, if that.

I love the color of your truck, and the black wheels look great on it. I thought long and hard about buying a new Tacoma before Covid, but then Covid hit and the prices got jacked up. I'm no longer thinking of buying anything new now that I'm retired.

It's a 2016 with only 12K miles on it.
Havent been driving much due to all of my surgeries.
At 57 it'll probably be my last truck as well.

It's a 2016 with only 12K miles on it.
Havent been driving much due to all of my surgeries.
At 57 it'll probably be my last truck as well.
You could have got more than you paid for it new if you sold it back during Covid. I really love the Tacoma, and although I've never owned a Toyota truck, I've been a fan of them since the 80's. I'll never forget one of them pulling out this Dodge Ram from a mud pit, the Ram was about twice the size of the Toyota. This was like 1984.

You could have got more than you paid for it new if you sold it back during Covid. I really love the Tacoma, and although I've never owned a Toyota truck, I've been a fan of them since the 80's. I'll never forget one of them pulling out this Dodge Ram from a mud pit, the Ram was about twice the size of the Toyota. This was like 1984.
When I have a vehicle I really like I modify them making it hard to sell or trade em in. Spent to much money on all the mods and dont want to start over.
I wish Toyota would sell the Hilux here in the US,I'd pick one up just to have one. Damn things are bulletproof and come with a solid front axle.

The Wife and I have driven Toyotas for years,She has a 2021 Tacoma 4x4 now and before that She had a 4Runner that went 275'000 miles with nothing but scheduled maintenance.

IMG_2984.jpeg

My first Toyota was a 1998 Tacoma 4x4 with the TRD blower on it,man I loved that truck!!! Bought another Tacoma 4X4 in I think 2005,while it was a nice truck I never really liked it all that much. Traded it in on a Toyota FJ in 2007 when they first came out and I really liked it!! It would pretty much go anywhere.
Got to where I needed a tow vehicle for the camper,boat and SxS trailer and traded it in on the Tundra.

IMG_0729.jpeg

I've had a few Fords over the years the last one being an F150 King Ranch but the quality just wasnt there like on the Toyotas.

The FJ got really, really high marks for off road ability. I was a Wrangler guy back when the FJ was launched, I had a '97 that I put a 4" lift on and some 33" BFG M/T's on, re-geared it to 3:73 and put a limited slip in the rear axle, had the bulletproof inline 6 engine, now you want to talk about a vehicle you missed? I kick myself for ever selling my Wrangler. It would literally go anywhere, and it was spotless. No scratches. I mainly only used the 4wd in snow.

Jeep literally doesn't make them like that anymore. I don't care for all the technology upgrades. I loved the simplicity of working on the '97, it was so cool. I modded the hell out of that Jeep.

The FJ got really, really high marks for off road ability. I was a Wrangler guy back when the FJ was launched, I had a '97 that I put a 4" lift on and some 33" BFG M/T's on, re-geared it to 3:73 and put a limited slip in the rear axle, had the bulletproof inline 6 engine, now you want to talk about a vehicle you missed? I kick myself for ever selling my Wrangler. It would literally go anywhere, and it was spotless. No scratches. I mainly only used the 4wd in snow.

Jeep literally doesn't make them like that anymore. I don't care for all the technology upgrades. I loved the simplicity of working on the '97, it was so cool. I modded the hell out of that Jeep.

I really like the jeep concept but the execution sucks.
Had a guy in our offroad club that had a red jeep,he called it chilli pepper.
The rest of us called it lemon pepper because it was constantly breaking down.
You can make a jeep extremely off road capable but you gotta drop a shitload of cash to do it.
Me...I'd rather buy a used jeep with all the mods done already.
Or better yet an FJ with a solid axle conversion.

Yeah, if a washer goes out now? I unplug it, wheel it outside, go get the replacement, plug it in and hook it up, and that's that.
Onee man's trasdh is another man's treasure. When I see a major appliance like a washer, dryer or fridge on the side of the road I throw it in the back of my pickup truck, fix it and sell it.

Some people see a piece of junk on the side of the road, I see a C-note.

Forum List

Back