Went To A Laundr-O-mat

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
My dryer ain't throwing any heat...the heating element busted.

I wasn't looking forward to going to a laundr-o-mat...ain't been to one in decades.

Then I thunked...I could do 3 loads all at the same time...even a load of whites just to piss off IM2.

So that's what I did...got 3 loads washed, dried, and folded in an hour and a half
:banana:

I gotta say...that was pretty slick!

I have a 2nd bug-out-bag that I haven't filled yet...so I was able to pack all 3 loads into it & carry it in & out pretty easily.

I hate laundromats... If my dryer or washer stopped working I would take everything to the cleaners until I replaced my machine....

Last couple times I went to those it was hell.

I remember both times, too.. Brr!

The one time I was all beat down after work with barely enough cash to wash clothes and eat that day..

And the next time it was fighting with my ex in the laundromat and there's tons of people around.

They're getting mad at me, and it ain't my fault and she's cranking the situation up..oy! :eusa_doh:

Yeah, if a washer goes out now? I unplug it, wheel it outside, go get the replacement, plug it in and hook it up, and that's that.

Last edited:
I'm SO freeking happy I finally got an apartment with a washer and dryer in it.
None of the other apartments I've ever had, had a w/d in them. And I despise laundry mats.

A lot of apartments had their own laundrymats, but they never kept them up, and they didn't work half the time.
I had to learn the foot traffic patterns of the public laundrymats, so I could go before they got busy.........which is Sunday mornings before 9am.

You can look up your washer or dryer brand/model on Youtube along with "replace heating unit", and see if a video comes up on how to replace the filiment. It could be a simple thing to do.

Last couple times I went to those it was hell.

I got all 3 loads washing & went out to my truck...smoked a ciggie & listened to a few tunes. Went back in & threw the loads one by one into the driers...went back out to my truck.

Came back in when the first dryer load had about 2 minutes to go.

In Houston the laundromats are full of beaners or blacks depending on where you live.
Haven't been to one in well over 30 years and that was just because one apartment I lived in didnt have a W/D.
The mexican women would take your clothes out of the washer or dryer when they weren't even done yet so you had to sit there the entire time and keep an eye on em.
They'd also steal your clothes. You want to get pissed off? Just see some beaner wearing your clothes that you know damn well they couldnt afford.

I got all 3 loads washing & went out to my truck...smoked a ciggie & listened to a few tunes. Went back in & threw the loads one by one into the driers...went back out to my truck.

Came back in when the first dryer load had about 2 minutes to go.
I'm all out of a triple washer/dryer setup ready to go.

No shit? It's a good thing nobody did that to me...that woulda been UGLY!

NOBODY touches my grunds but me!

In this particular apartment you were outnumbered by a large margin.
So not much you could do about it.
I did call him out and asked him why he was wearing my shirt,he was embarrassed as hell when his buddies started fucking with him about it.

In this particular apartment you were outnumbered by a large margin.

I was outnumbered in college & that didn't stop me.

I had 2 nice shirts stolen from the dorm laundry room. I spread the word around campus that if I see anybody wearing my shirt (boy or girl) I will rip it off of them on the spot.

I never saw anybody wearing my shirts & never got another article of clothing stolen.

If my dryer or washer stopped working I would take everything to the cleaners until I replaced my machine.

Most white goods (can we still say that?) dealers will deliver in a day or two. Some will even haul away your old one for free.

I can't imagine anyone being without laundry appliances for more than a few days.

But, especially not a multimillionaire as the OP has claimed to be on many occasions.

I was outnumbered in college & that didn't stop me.

I had 2 nice shirts stolen from the dorm laundry room. I spread the word around campus that if I see anybody wearing my shirt (boy or girl) I will rip it off of them on the spot.

I never saw anybody wearing my shirts & never got another article of clothing stolen.

They also know where you live and what vehicle you drive.
A $75 dollar shirt isnt worth having you truck keyed and your tires slashed but thats just me.
Once you have a bunch of mexicans pissed at you it never stops.

Most white goods (can we still say that?) dealers will deliver in a day or two. Some will even haul away your old one for free.

I can't imagine anyone being without laundry appliances for more than a few days.

But, especially not a multimillionaire as the OP has claimed to be on many occasions.
The heating element is an easy fix. No need for a new dryer if everything else works.

You're lucky if they dont key your truck out of pure jealousy

I had that happen in the grocery store parking lot. my truck wasn't even near another car.

Luckily when I bought the truck I paid extra for the paint sealant so the key scratch only scraped the clear coat...it didn't make it down to the paint.

Forum List

Back