Went bowling for about three hours yesterday. I thought this was a sport for old fat people.

Anomalism

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2020
My leg hurts. My arm hurts. My fingers hurt. What the fuck? Lol

Last edited:
My leg hurts. My arm hurts. My back is stiff. What the fuck? Lol

Why do you think that?

1703183696655.png

As one approaches the line before RELEASING the bowling ball, normally there is a kind of deep knee bend on the side opposite the ball.

Me no can do that anymore. So, I wisely and sagaciously decided: “hey. No more bowling.”

Bowling may not be just for young fit people. But it seems to demand cartilage. Elitist fucking sport.

Last edited:
As one approaches the line before relevant the bowling ball, normally there is a kind of deep knee bend on the side opposite the ball.

Me no can do that anymore. So, I wisely and sagaciously decided: “hey. No more bowling.”

Bowling may not be just for young fit people. But it seems to demand cartilage. Elitist fucking sport.
My eyes have been opened. Lol

Did you happen to see Earl Anthony? Chris Shenkel said he would be there.

Earl Anthony was a very accomplished legendary left-handed bowler. He passed away in 2001.

I've bowled at a bowling center he operated in Dublin, California. Never met him though.

Chris Schenkel was a sportscaster who covered the bowling action.

When you roll a ball that can be up to 16 pounds using muscles in a particular motion you're not accustomed to, soreness happens. If the fingers don't fit comfortably into a bowling ball, easy problem to have using a house ball, that doesn't help either.

If you throw anywhere near properly, you’ll weight shift heavily onto a single plant leg, you’ll propel the 12-16lb ball forward with one arm/shoulder repeatedly.. if you bowl a few games and you’re not used to it it can make your sore for sure.

Interesting fact: I once bowled a 299… 11 strikes and a great 12th ball that left one freaking pin wobbling back and forth like a middle finger.

Forum List

Back