Well, that was close...

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
For a second, I thought I-State Cyclones would tie My Hawkeyes in the Cy-Hawk game.

But the black and gold held out.

20-13 Hawkeyes.

Either the Hawkeyes are weak or the Cyclones are good.
The Hawks could be national champions; still, the Cyclones would play them tough.

It is the nature of the rivalry.

You're a Hawkeyes fan? I was, too, when I lived in Iowa City.
My brother still lives in Iowa City. I"ve been a Hawkeyes fan since I started following football, and I'm 62 now.

Born in Iowa, will always be a devotee of the Black and Gold.

Even though they never can figure out how to defeat a bull rush on their QB. lol

I was born and raised ten miles north of Norman, Oklahoma...Lived in Norman, went to school at OU, almost played football for OU, and was in the army nasty guard in Norman..

I've only been to IA once but respect both programs. Iowa always seems to have stout, physical linemen, and Iowa State seems to just find ways to jump up and shock the shit out of teams when they're least expecting it.

Every conference has a team like Iowa State, a team that is usually not great but good, and even when they're not, will occasionally come out of nowhere and punch a good team in the balls and ruin their season. The ACC has Pitt. The SEC has Ole Miss. The PAC 12 has Stanford. And the Big 12 has Iowa State.

I was born and raised ten miles north of Norman, Oklahoma...Lived in Norman, went to school at OU, almost played football for OU, and was in the army nasty guard in Norman..
I remember My dad, who was born in Iowa but raised in Nebraska, loved the Huskers.

Nebraska and OU, I think it was OU, had some remarkable shootouts back in the day.

I've only been to IA once but respect both programs. Iowa always seems to have stout, physical linemen, and Iowa State seems to just find ways to jump up and shock the shit out of teams when they're least expecting it.

Every conference has a team like Iowa State, a team that is usually not great but good, and even when they're not, will occasionally come out of nowhere and punch a good team in the balls and ruin their season. The ACC has Pitt. The SEC has Ole Miss. The PAC 12 has Stanford. And the Big 12 has Iowa State.
Iowa has had some success with its Tight Ends. In fact, last night's game featured one. LaPorta for the Lions. He played for Iowa.

Iowa has had some success with its Tight Ends. In fact, last night's game featured one. LaPorta for the Lions. He played for Iowa.

I like the fact that you are a bona fide fan. That's what I love about college football: they loyalty to the team/program even if they never win a national title. Programs like Iowa can win the title, it's just a lot harder than it is than for a team like Alabama which has alumni, former NFL-er boosters, etc.

I like the fact that you are a bona fide fan. That's what I love about college football: they loyalty to the team/program even if they never win a national title. Programs like Iowa can win the title, it's just a lot harder than it is than for a team like Alabama which has alumni, former NFL-er boosters, etc.
I'm also a realistic fan. Last year, they started the season ranked #2. I thought then that was way too generous, and I was right. They had a horrible season. They were under-ranked the year before that, but way over-ranked last year.

I think they're a solid top-15 team this year, but we'll see how it goes. I have serious questions about the QB, and their TE isn't as good ass previous years.

Still, I'll watch every Saturday, yell at the screen on bad plays, and drive My wife nuts as I whoop on the good ones. lol

It should be a fun season.

I'm also a realistic fan. Last year, they started the season ranked #2. I thought then that was way too generous, and I was right. They had a horrible season. They were under-ranked the year before that, but way over-ranked last year.

I think they're a solid top-15 team this year, but we'll see how it goes. I have serious questions about the QB, and their TE isn't as good ass previous years.

Still, I'll watch every Saturday, yell at the screen on bad plays, and drive My wife nuts as I whoop on the good ones. lol

It should be a fun season.

I have a bucket list of college football places I'd like to visit: Iowa City and Ames are both on it. Some are obvious: Columbus, Ann Arbor, Happy Valley, Tuscaloosa, but they gotta be up there.

Forum List

Back