Well here's Something You Don't See Every Day.....Lightning strike blows up toilet in Oklahoma apartment building

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
FAP2N5VCKJFV3JGUR2R5NBGZDY.jpg

Lightning strike blows up toilet in Oklahoma apartment building

OKMULGEE, Kan. (KWCH) - A few people suffered minor injuries due to lightning strikes in Wichita on Wednesday, but the weather did a number on a toilet in Oklahoma.

The Okmulgee Fire Department shared photos with KOTV in Tulsa of a toilet that shattered after being struck by a lightning bolt. The fire department said the lightning struck the roof of an apartment building and traveled inside.

The apartment complex said the unit was vacant but was set to be rented out Thursday morning.

Not much else to say.

OKMULGEE, Kan. (KWCH) - A few people suffered minor injuries due to lightning strikes in Wichita on Wednesday, but the weather did a number on a toilet in Oklahoma.

The Okmulgee Fire Department shared photos with KOTV in Tulsa of a toilet that shattered after being struck by a lightning bolt. The fire department said the lightning struck the roof of an apartment building and traveled inside.

The apartment complex said the unit was vacant but was set to be rented out Thursday morning.

Not much else to say.
MOM thats my story and I am sticking to it,,,

Not much else to say.
If a buck had been sitting on that baby it would have been Vienna sausage & meatballs(well done!) for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!

We had the house get struck by lightning and it traveled down the metal chimney and blew a hole through the brick mortar the size of my thumb and set the printer on fire.
It was crazy!! It also fried everything that had electronics in it throughout the house.
The insurance company were total dicks about it!! We kept dead appliances in our garage until we got State Farm to ass up the money to replace everything.

This makes me wonder what happened with the house owned by Danny Glover's character in the Lethal Weapon 2 film. When the toilet is blown up by the bomb in the middle of the film, who was responsible for its replacement, his insurance company or the police department since his being a cop is how the whole situation got started?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Not much else to say.
More likely was the bad Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo

Not much else to say.
I've seen weirder things, specifically regarding lightning. Ball lightning.

Back when I was a kid I was at a friend's house and ball lightning came through the keyhole of their front door, floated around the living room for a few seconds, then zipped into their kitchen and went into the faucet.

But nothing exploded.

I've seen weirder things, specifically regarding lightning. Ball lightning.

Back when I was a kid I was at a friend's house and ball lightning came through the keyhole of their front door, floated around the living room for a few seconds, then zipped into their kitchen and went into the faucet.

But nothing exploded.
Lighting finding a way to ground itself can be a violent thing.

Forum List

Back