Welcoming Terror to U.S. Ports

dilloduck said:
I sure as hell can't make any sense of it because facts are few and far between. IMHO neither side has provided enough details for the public to make an INFORMED decision.

Actually no. I've seen all the evidence of terrorist collusion by UAE I need to know the deal is quite retarded.

rtwngAvngr said:
Actually no. I've seen all the evidence of terrorist collusion by UAE I need to know the deal is quite retarded.

Well then what makes the likes of Tommy Franks disagree? Did Big Shipping suddenly get to him? Obviously something is being over exagerrated.

theim said:
Well then what makes the likes of Tommy Franks disagree? Did Big Shipping suddenly get to him? Obviously something is being over exagerrated.

He's a good soldier who does what his executive says?

dilloduck said:
I sure as hell can't make any sense of it because facts are few and far between. IMHO neither side has provided enough details for the public to make an INFORMED decision.

Thats exactly how I feel. I'm still 50/50 on the issue, I just don't feel like I know enough. I have no idea how ports work and how companies fit in, security ect...
It would be nice if we had real port security to do inspections anytime they wanted for national security reasons at the docks. People who are against this deal bring up some valid points and good questions.....problem is I don't hear real answers to them. I think the whole issue is a little overblown, I highly doubt any government would use a port they 'control' to smuggle in WMD or something. It would easily be traced to them....and they would be held accountable....

theHawk said:
Thats exactly how I feel. I'm still 50/50 on the issue, I just don't feel like I know enough. I have no idea how ports work and how companies fit in, security ect...
It would be nice if we had real port security to do inspections anytime they wanted for national security reasons at the docks. People who are against this deal bring up some valid points and good questions.....problem is I don't hear real answers to them. I think the whole issue is a little overblown, I highly doubt any government would use a port they 'control' to smuggle in WMD or something. It would easily be traced to them....and they would be held accountable....

WHy would they be held accountable? Apparently they're already off the hook for all the crap they've participated in to date.

Yea, I'm sure if we were attacked again or an attempted attack thwarted and it was traced through the ports there wouldn't be hell to pay.

:rolleyes:

rtwngAvngr said:

Now we're talking ---refuse to sign that contract before you've even read it.

dilloduck said:
Now we're talking ---refuse to sign that contract before you've even read it.

Thanks I will. That's how I treat all deals with the devil.

rtwngAvngr said:
They will operate the terminals, And will know the contents of all container and the security procedures in place. This is good infor for an enemy. It's a bad idea all around. The majority of americans believe. Get off the bush koolaid.
This is probably the best argument I've heard so far against the port deal.

mom4 said:
This is probably the best argument I've heard so far against the port deal.

It's bad. I'm really disillusioned with the Bushistas at this point.

dilloduck said:
It might be if we knew it was true.

Are you saying they won't have knowledge of procedures? How could they not? Don't make me go get my Arby's analogies.

rtwngAvngr said:
Are you saying they won't have knowledge of procedures? How could they not? Don't make me go get my Arby's analogies.

SHOW ME A FRICKEN LINK THAT SHOWS THEY WILL HAVE ACCESS TO INFORMATION THAT ENDANGERS AMERICA.

rtwngAvngr said:

And what "secret" procedures do we have for loading, shipping, and unloading cargo? If that wasn't so paranoid, I'd laugh. The whole manifest fear is bogus. Any "secret procedures" are under the auspice of U.S. Customs and Coast Guard. If they tell shippers, dock managers, etc., it is no longer a secret. Random checks are random checks....by U.S. workers.

Did you know that these sneaky Arabs allow U.S. customs agents to operate in Dubai? Don't you think they'd be afraid of us learning their "secret" procedures too? :eek:

ScreamingEagle said:
And what "secret" procedures do we have for loading, shipping, and unloading cargo? If that wasn't so paranoid, I'd laugh. The whole manifest fear is bogus. Any "secret procedures" are under the auspice of U.S. Customs and Coast Guard. If they tell shippers, dock managers, etc., it is no longer a secret. Random checks are random checks....by U.S. workers.

Did you know that these sneaky Arabs allow U.S. customs agents to operate in Dubai? Don't you think they'd be afraid of us learning their "secret" procedures too? :eek:

It blows my mind how much of the oppostion to the port lease comes from people having a "bad feeling" about it or just don't have facts. I've continually asked for some proof of some secret that we will be revealing to "the enemy". No response.

dilloduck said:
It blows my mind how much of the oppostion to the port lease comes from people having a "bad feeling" about it or just don't have facts. I've continually asked for some proof of some secret that we will be revealing to "the enemy". No response.

They will have intimate knowledge of the security procedures. They are partiularly vulnerable to infiltration by terrorists, being owned by the rulers of an Islamist state.

rtwngAvngr said:
They will have intimate knowledge of the security procedures. They are partiularly vulnerable to infiltration by terrorists, being owned by the rulers of an Islamist state.

finding any facts to back up your claims is tough ain't---

repetition does not=proof

rtwngAvngr said:

Any observant person lurking around on the docks for a month would already have intimate knowledge of security procedures. I'm not gonna start drinking your terrorists-are-gonna-infiltrate-through-containers Kool-Aid.

dilloduck said:
finding any facts to back up your claims is tough ain't---

repetition does not=proof

This is minimal data. You must believe they will not have access to these to keep up with your nonsensical partydicksucking. Post your proof.

rtwngAvngr said:
This is minimal data. You must believe they will not have access to these to keep up with your nonsensical partydicksucking. Post your proof.

dude--you have NO data. MY party?? half the GOP has had a Kool Aid party.
they paying you to be a liberal tool yet?

Forum List

Back