Weight Discrimination

i kinda despise fat people...not gonna lie. fat people just scream laziness in my book.

I'm fat, and I'll bet I could work circles around you and eat less while doing it.

Some fat people are lazy, some thin people are lazy. My family has always had weight problems, I had one doctor tell me that I was in better shape than most thin people she knew and sometimes it's just fat and there's nothing you can do about it. I've been on every diet in every book, none of them work. Once I got Andrew in a home, I lost 12 pounds but then they shut down the home and the weight is back..... I can't go anywhere, my activities are limited....and I am depressed. I would love a job outside the house, it would take so much off my shoulders but that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Let's see you deal with cleaning up urine and feces every morning....we all have our crosses to bear. I'm not ashamed of being overweight and I am not lazy.

BTW, I have a friend that claims I'm fat but I'm not FAT. I'm not sure what that means. I have one sister who is thinner than me and another one that's fatter. They aren't lazy either.

Please come here and tell me I'm lazy to my face...I need the relief that would come with wiping the floor with you.

You go girl...
:clap2:

Do you assume that fat people are a good key to where to eat if you want it cheap and plentiful?
Who do you always see going into places like Country Buffet? Whales. Ever been there? We call it "Hungry Hungry Hippos" in our house. They serve a whole lotta' deep fried crap and high calorie deserts. Ugh! Do yourself a favor and stay away from where the cows graze.
Although the attitude I see in this post is the kind that makes me want to slap someone, it's true.

Buffets attract fat people because it's the best deal for the money. The food is tasty (most times) and high calorie. Looking at the patrons of places like Old Country Buffet, Golden Corral or any chinese buffet out there, the people are young and still thin or starting to go fat to morbidly obese middle aged people or cheap senior citizens who are there to socialize cheaply and suck coffee down for hours while occasionally eating something.

One positive I must give to OCB though, the 'soup/salad bar only' option. That is a nice option for some of us who like to cut back some of the calories while still having a nice big meal. Just gotta watch out for them high calorie/fat items. Aren't going to be saving any by sucking down Clam Chowder and loading up on the 1000 Island dressing.

Do you assume that fat people are a good key to where to eat if you want it cheap and plentiful?
Who do you always see going into places like Country Buffet? Whales. Ever been there? We call it "Hungry Hungry Hippos" in our house. They serve a whole lotta' deep fried crap and high calorie deserts. Ugh! Do yourself a favor and stay away from where the cows graze.
Although the attitude I see in this post is the kind that makes me want to slap someone, it's true.

Buffets attract fat people because it's the best deal for the money. The food is tasty (most times) and high calorie. Looking at the patrons of places like Old Country Buffet, Golden Corral or any chinese buffet out there, the people are young and still thin or starting to go fat to morbidly obese middle aged people or cheap senior citizens who are there to socialize cheaply and suck coffee down for hours while occasionally eating something.

One positive I must give to OCB though, the 'soup/salad bar only' option. That is a nice option for some of us who like to cut back some of the calories while still having a nice big meal. Just gotta watch out for them high calorie/fat items. Aren't going to be saving any by sucking down Clam Chowder and loading up on the 1000 Island dressing.

I don't like buffets, my husband does...I end up getting stuck there to make him happy. I do overeat at buffets which is one reason why I don't like them.

i kinda despise fat people...not gonna lie. fat people just scream laziness in my book.
Liberty, I like you so I'm gonna say this nice.

I can swim a mile in an hour and a half. I normally swim 2.5 miles a week in 5/8ths of a mile increments 4 times a week. I can't walk worth a damn right now thanks to being a professional driver and having a bad back due to injury, but it's coming back thanks to my exercise regimen. I can bike a mile in 10 minutes too. I am NOT lazy.

What I do have is a portion control issue thanks to wrecking my stomach as a teen from poor choices... among other issues. Makes it very hard to fight the body's natural inclinations. Yes, I did the original damage to myself, but now to correct it, is proving a very hard battle. I will probably have to resort to surgery at some point.

Besides, when's the last time you sprinted up the stairs carrying an extra 150-250lbs like I probably have?

Please consider that when looking at a fat person.

Sorry, but just the way you said it hits a raw nerve with me, even though it may not have been said with malice.

I don't like buffets, my husband does...I end up getting stuck there to make him happy. I do overeat at buffets which is one reason why I don't like them.
I love buffets for two major reasons.

1. I like the variety of getting this and that. And if I find something really good, I can go back and have a little more.

2. The price is usually better than going to a 'meal' style restaurant.

Unfortunately, the portion control is still a problem for me.

I love buffets for two major reasons.

1. I like the variety of getting this and that. And if I find something really good, I can go back and have a little more.

2. The price is usually better than going to a 'meal' style restaurant.

Unfortunately, the portion control is still a problem for me.

I find I'd rather spend a little more money at a nice restaurant and have better quality of food even if it's not as much.

My friend and I often go places and split our meals as we can get by with far less than most, I guess. I don't need and entire hamburger and fries, 1/2 will do me fine.

I'm fat, and I'll bet I could work circles around you and eat less while doing it.

Some fat people are lazy, some thin people are lazy. My family has always had weight problems, I had one doctor tell me that I was in better shape than most thin people she knew and sometimes it's just fat and there's nothing you can do about it. I've been on every diet in every book, none of them work. Once I got Andrew in a home, I lost 12 pounds but then they shut down the home and the weight is back..... I can't go anywhere, my activities are limited....and I am depressed. I would love a job outside the house, it would take so much off my shoulders but that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Let's see you deal with cleaning up urine and feces every morning....we all have our crosses to bear. I'm not ashamed of being overweight and I am not lazy.

BTW, I have a friend that claims I'm fat but I'm not FAT. I'm not sure what that means. I have one sister who is thinner than me and another one that's fatter. They aren't lazy either.

Please come here and tell me I'm lazy to my face...I need the relief that would come with wiping the floor with you.

You go girl...

She's a girl?

I wonder what she's doing tonight? [hint hint]

You go girl...

She's a girl?

I wonder what she's doing tonight? [hint hint]

I'm not sure, you'll have to ask my husband. :D

Two people apply for a job. One is average looking and has decent qualifications and another has excellent qualifications....but he or she is overweight. Whom would you hire? The one with the Bachelors of Science degree and seems to have good eating habits or the one with the Masters and loves food and shows it? What if they had similar qualifications? Whom would you hire?

I'll take the one with decent qualifications.

What ever the job is that you are looking to have done, the fatty, will not be able to do it as quick as the non-fatty.

Ever had to work around fat people? Everything from walking through doors next to them, or waiting on them in a line....was a pain.

They're slower. Why would someone want to hire someone that out of the gate, is going to be SLOWER in their every movement? Walk behind a fatty, and watch them waddle and drag their feet. It's pathetic.

Even if the job is answering phones, and taking messages, the fat one will be slower. And if the job actually requires some degree of physical effort, then it will be even worse.

NEVER hire a fatty. You're better off training a normal person, than dealing with the fat-related issues.

There's my honest take on it.

BTW, I have a friend that claims I'm fat but I'm not FAT.

Which is it? Are you fat, or just a bit heavy. There's a difference. Don't you know if you are fat or not?

:eusa_eh::eusa_eh:

I should also point out that the DOT discriminates against fat drivers by forcing them to take a Sleep Apnea test at their own expense. This is currently putting thousands of professional drivers out of work because they can't afford the test which costs over 5000 dollars when you include all aspects including the machine.

How do I know? Just got fucked over by this because my neck is "too wide" and my BMI is too hi. No option... no help... just take the test or no health card for you, which effectively fires you on the spot. I also know about a half dozen other drivers that will probably be quitting or changing careers because of it if they can.

Last edited:
Two people apply for a job. One is average looking and has decent qualifications and another has excellent qualifications....but he or she is overweight. Whom would you hire? The one with the Bachelors of Science degree and seems to have good eating habits or the one with the Masters and loves food and shows it? What if they had similar qualifications? Whom would you hire?

I'll take the one with decent qualifications.

What ever the job is that you are looking to have done, the fatty, will not be able to do it as quick as the non-fatty.

Ever had to work around fat people? Everything from walking through doors next to them, or waiting on them in a line....was a pain.

They're slower. Why would someone want to hire someone that out of the gate, is going to be SLOWER in their every movement? Walk behind a fatty, and watch them waddle and drag their feet. It's pathetic.

Even if the job is answering phones, and taking messages, the fat one will be slower. And if the job actually requires some degree of physical effort, then it will be even worse.

NEVER hire a fatty. You're better off training a normal person, than dealing with the fat-related issues.

There's my honest take on it.

When I worked as a secretary for the E-3A program manager, no one could do my job. When I finally got a job that I thought had a future, the person that took my place couldn't do it. They tried to hire another person to come in and help her but found that all those things I did were actually IN the job description. I have never been thin and I worked circles around the others in the office and only an idiot would thing weight has anything to do with intelligence or work ethic.

Incidentally, when I came back after my vacation, my boss was so thrilled, I asked him why, he said "because you're the only one around here that can proof read".

The same boss wouldn't let me take sick leave when I got pregnant as he said being pregnant isn't being sick. I still have that sick leave if I ever go back to work for the government.....

Good topic mud. I imagine we will be seeing the severely obese use the ADA to protect themselves soon. Obviously those who have mobility and health issues will be considered disabled, and employers will have to make reasonable accomodations.

But of course there is a difference between obese and overweight. And 68% of Americans are rather meaty.

Obesity and Overweight

(Data are for the U.S.)

* Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 34% (2007-2008)
* Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight (and not obese): 34% (2007-2008)

FASTSTATS - Overweight Prevalence

If you say you disagree with the President - you are a racist. But if you say hate fat people - you are probably just thin. :lol:

For one thing do not ever define fat with that ridiculous BMI scale.

The only way to tell if someone is actually fat is to get a body composition analysis. A normal range for body fat percentage for men is about 15-18%. For women it's 20-25%

Shit, I'm 5 10 and weigh 190 with about 12% body fat and work out 6 days a week and the BMI scale will say I'm borderline obese. How many ways can you say bullshit?

So true. I remember the story of a little 9 year old gymnast that got a "fat letter" sent home from school because of her BMI.

We have a staff of over a hundred people. Two teachers are obese and have a lot of health problems that may or may not be related to their weight (they are also in their 60's). But the worst offenders of sick time are the young 20 somethings who are sometimes too hung over for work or call out with a cold. And the most injuries and disability claims of course come from the Phys Ed Dept.

Antecdotal evidence suggests to me that being overweight does not necessarily translate into lower productivity. Too many other factors.

Lazy Americans are so overweight it is throwing the earth's orbit off.
]
Plus they hog all the electric scooters at Wal Mart.

they do however keep profits up at Golden Corral and Little Debbie.

Last edited:
I agree that there is a difference between curves and obesity. I love food! The different flavors, the spices, the textures - there is nothing more delectable than the first bite of something totally scrumptious! If you love the food though, you better love a bit of exercise. There has to be a balance. I agree there are more health problems that go with obesity. They do typically have greater health risks that could lead to more absences at work. Employers want motivated employees who are able to perform the jobs that they need done. However, it would be one of the latter factors that I would look at as an employer. I would prefer skill, experience, knowledge, positive attitude and passion over waist size any day.

Forum List

Back