Week 16 NFL Picks

Saw this; liked it:

I hate that crap. The guys on the other sideline are not your friend. They’re the enemy. Would you be exchanging jerseys with someone who just stuck an axe in your head? I sure as Hell wouldn’t be.

If I had an axe in my head (i can’t stop giggling at the analogy), I don’t think I’d be exchanging jerseys…no.

II had an axe in my head (i can’t stop giggling at the analogy), I don’t think I’d be exchanging jerseys…no.

If you have lost a competition and don’t feel thst way about your opponent (thst they have embedded an axe in your head) then I would suggest you have very little competitive fervor.

II had an axe in my head (i can’t stop giggling at the analogy), I don’t think I’d be exchanging jerseys…no.

If you have lost a competition and don’t feel thst way about your opponent (thst they have embedded an axe in your head) then I would suggest you have very little competitive fervor.

Or perhaps the “warriors” have sports in the proper perspective…

hint…neither one has an axe sticking out of their head.

Or perhaps the “warriors” have sports in the proper perspective.

No they don’t. We’ve lost the true competitive spirit in this country at every level imaginable. From participation trophies to scoring limits in high school football games, required handshakes after games and a USMNT that can’t even qualify for the Workd Cup; this nation has lost its competitive fire.

No they don’t. We’ve lost the true competitive spirit in this country at every level imaginable. From participation trophies to scoring limits in high school football games, required handshakes after games and a USMNT that can’t even qualify for the Workd Cup; this nation has lost its competitive fire.

The NHL has had a tradition of opposing teams exchanging handshakes after playoff series for its entire history. That's more than a century. Handshakes after games is not some recent occurrence. Nor is there only one required way to feel about opposing teams/players to be competitive.

tenor.gif

The NHL has had a tradition of opposing teams exchanging handshakes after playoff series for its entire history. That's more than a century. Handshakes after games is not some recent occurrence.

Nor is there only one required way to feel about opposing teams/players to be competitive.

I hate that tradition and always have. Just as I hate seeing opponents help each other up an similar things. Even if my Boston Bruins have won a series, I refuse to watch that handshake.

I have to disagree with your second statement as vehemently as humanly possible. Competition is akin to combat which has only has the victors and the conquered.

The NHL has had a tradition of opposing teams exchanging handshakes after playoff series for its entire history. That's more than a century. Handshakes after games is not some recent occurrence.

Nor is there only one required way to feel about opposing teams/players to be competitive.

I hate that tradition and always have. Just as I hate seeing opponents help each other up an similar things. Even if my Boston Bruins have won a series, I refuse to watch that handshake.

I have to disagree with your second statement as vehemently as humanly possible. Competition is akin to combat which has only has the victors and the conquered.

Been in a lot of combat, have you?

Sat Dec 22
4:30 pm Washington Redskins Tennessee Titans - Titans seem to be making a real playoff push
8:20 pm Baltimore Ravens Los Angeles Chargers - I don't trust Jackson against one of the league's top teams
Sun Dec 23
1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons Carolina Panthers - Panthers break the long losing streak
1:00 pm Buffalo Bills New England Patriots - Pats dynasty may be over, but I'll still take them over the Bills
1:00 pm Cincinnati Bengals Cleveland Browns - Browns might be good *gasp*
1:00 pm Green Bay Packers New York Jets - Pack hasn't been good this year, but it's the Jets
1:00 pm Houston Texans Philadelphia Eagles - Tough call. I think the Texans put a fork in the Eagles' playoff hopes
1:00 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Miami Dolphins - Can't trust Jax
1:00 pm Minnesota Vikings Detroit Lions - Will the Lions play spoiler? I say no
1:00 pm New York Giants Indianapolis Colts - Colts are looking strong
1:00 pm Tampa Bay Buccaneers Dallas Cowboys - Cowboys need a win, Bucs just aren't that good
4:05 pm Chicago Bears San Francisco 49ers - I've been pleasantly surprised with the Niners the past couple of weeks, but the Bears are too much for them
4:05 pm Los Angeles Rams Arizona Cardinals - Rams get a chance to right the ship against the lowly Cards
4:25 pm Pittsburgh Steelers New Orleans Saints - Game of the week. Saints at home
8:20 pm Kansas City Chiefs Seattle Seahawks - This could also be a good game, but I think the Chiefs win and make the Seahawks have to win their last game to get in.
Mon Dec 24
8:15 pm Denver Broncos Oakland Raiders - Coin flip game, going with the Broncos

10-5 going into the Monday night game.

The 49ers played a close game against the Bears, which I was happy about. However, they blew it at the end, with Mullens throwing a terrible pass on 4th down when he could have run for the first and continued the attempted winning drive. Still, having a chance at the end against a strong Bears team is positive.

Sat Dec 22
4:30 pm Washington Redskins Tennessee Titans - Titans seem to be making a real playoff push
8:20 pm Baltimore Ravens Los Angeles Chargers - I don't trust Jackson against one of the league's top teams
Sun Dec 23
1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons Carolina Panthers - Panthers break the long losing streak
1:00 pm Buffalo Bills New England Patriots - Pats dynasty may be over, but I'll still take them over the Bills
1:00 pm Green Bay Packers New York Jets - Pack hasn't been good this year, but it's the Jets
1:00 pm Houston Texans Philadelphia Eagles - Tough call. I think the Texans put a fork in the Eagles' playoff hopes
1:00 pm Tampa Bay Buccaneers Dallas Cowboys - Cowboys need a win, Bucs just aren't that good
4:05 pm Chicago Bears San Francisco 49ers - I've been pleasantly surprised with the Niners the past couple of weeks, but the Bears are too much for them
4:05 pm Los Angeles Rams Arizona Cardinals - Rams get a chance to right the ship against the lowly Cards
4:25 pm Pittsburgh Steelers New Orleans Saints - Game of the week. Saints at home
8:20 pm Kansas City Chiefs Seattle Seahawks - This could also be a good game, but I think the Chiefs win and make the Seahawks have to win their last game to get in.
Mon Dec 24

The 49ers played a close game against the Bears, which I was happy about. However, they blew it at the end, with Mullens throwing a terrible pass on 4th down when he could have run for the first and continued the attempted winning drive. Still, having a chance at the end against a strong Bears team is positive.

I was watching that and wondered the same thing! There was no Bear in the picture and Mullens could have run for days without being touched! Thank GAWD because the Bears allowed them to stay close! The defense did it, but not without a little help from the 49'rs! :113: :eusa_dance: :eusa_whistle: :rolleyes: ;)

Sat Dec 22
Sun Dec 23
Mon Dec 24

I was watching that and wondered the same thing! There was no Bear in the picture and Mullens could have run for days without being touched! Thank GAWD because the Bears allowed them to stay close! The defense did it, but not without a little help from the 49'rs! :113: :eusa_dance: :eusa_whistle: :rolleyes: ;)

The Niners have been playing strong football the past few weeks. Considering all the injuries they've had and all the rookies/young players that are starting on both sides of the ball, I'm hopeful for some success next year.

Of course, that's how I felt at the end of last year, too. :p

10-6 for the week for me after Oakland beat the Broncos.

Monday Night game
Broncos at Raiders --- Going with Broncos.

speaking of the monday night Raiders/Broncos game.

I will watch the chargers game ONLY because of entertainment purposes that i have explained here.:biggrin:

ANOTHER game i will watch as well is the Raiders monday night game and this is WHY. one of the Radio personalitys in Oakland is telling all the Raider fans to do this monday. I love this guy,he is my hero.:2up: here is his tweet he gave to all raider fans-

East Bay fans you have twice been humiliated by the worst,most vile owner in sports.

Mark Davis who flipped his middle finger to a loyal fanbase to only get shaft once again.This requires action.

All fans in attendance monday night,QUIETLY LEAVE the stadium in masse.All of you tell Mark Davis what you think of his latest INSULTS to the fans of Oakland.

The fans who have supported a storied franchise despite REPEATED threats to leave Oakland,repeated middle fingers,and lies by Mark Davis.

The NFL and its band of thieves,liars,and inbread,incompetant owners who allowed a storied franchise to be moved to Las vegas.

The people of Oakland have been hoodwinked by the Raiders and a league of professional carpetbaggers who have allowed this team to raid the taxpayers of Oakland and Alameda county Millions and Millions.Now this fraud team has the gall to kick its loyal fanbase when they are down.

well said.:beer:as i said,this guy is my hero.:dance:
I’m glad you’re watching football again. It’s fun

So, Nick threw for 471 yards breaking the franchise record. His own previous record, btw.

If they get the wildcard, they'll repeat.

foles.jpg

Jumping ahead to week 17 and the Steelers, I'll just say that the Browns LOSE to Baltimore, the Colts and Tennessee DON'T tie and the Bengals beat the Steelers in a demoralized game of trips, guffaws, boos and missed opportunities. In other words, the powerhouse Steelers fail to live up to their talent again and go out the way they entered---- way off balance, over-confident and very under-prepared. The team with six Pro Bowl picks doesn't even make it to the Playoffs in the most failed season yet by mike Tomlin, who coaches only well enough most of the time not to be called bad.

Jumping ahead to week 17 and the Steelers, I'll just say that the Browns LOSE to Baltimore, the Colts and Tennessee DON'T tie and the Bengals beat the Steelers in a demoralized game of trips, guffaws, boos and missed opportunities. In other words, the powerhouse Steelers fail to live up to their talent again and go out the way they entered---- way off balance, over-confident and very under-prepared. The team with six Pro Bowl picks doesn't even make it to the Playoffs in the most failed season yet by mike Tomlin, who coaches only well enough most of the time not to be called bad.

I think the Steelers will easily beat the Bengals, but it won't be enough, because Baltimore will beat Cleveland and Indy and Tennessee won't tie.

Forum List

Back