Weeeee, smart phones for illegals.

Policy Under Fire: Free Smartphones For Illegals -

I pay 12 bucks a month for my cheapy that does nothing but dials numbers.
And these guys get phones that have apps that probably tells them where the best immigration lawyers are.
How do you know they're 'illegal' if they haven't been found guilty of entering the country absent authorization in a court of law – clearly this is an example of the conservative doctrine of presumption of guilt.

The contempt for due process and the rule of law common to most on the right comes as no surprise, along with the right's bigotry, hate, and fear.

I wish I could get a free smart phone. I pay 15 bucks a month for mine. It's just for emergencies though, so....meh.

From the LA Times:

America is lending smartphones to immigrants caught at the border

A federal government contractor is issuing smartphones to immigrant families released from two massive Texas detention centers as a way to ensure that they are able to contact case managers and reach their U.S. destinations.

Officials described the phones as part of a less-restrictive alternative to detention programs designed to make sure that low-risk immigrant families with pending cases show up for court. The phones, they said, are not used to track or monitor immigrants but rather as a safety net.

But immigrant advocates were skeptical of the new phones, and the program.

"It is concerning whether the women are being tracked through their phones and whether their communications with counsel are confidential," said Jonathan Ryan, executive director of Raices, a San Antonio-based immigrant legal advocacy group.

The number of immigrant families crossing the border illegally has skyrocketed this year: 24,616 family members were caught at the southern border from October through January, almost triple the number during the same period a year earlier.

America is lending smartphones to immigrants caught at the border

They are distributing smart phones so that the Dems can reach them with texts and robo calls soliciting their votes.

Policy Under Fire: Free Smartphones For Illegals -

I pay 12 bucks a month for my cheapy that does nothing but dials numbers.
And these guys get phones that have apps that probably tells them where the best immigration lawyers are.
How do you know they're 'illegal' if they haven't been found guilty of entering the country absent authorization in a court of law – clearly this is an example of the conservative doctrine of presumption of guilt.

The contempt for due process and the rule of law common to most on the right comes as no surprise, along with the right's bigotry, hate, and fear.
Another stupid response from the resident monkey jailhouse lawyer.

The Times say's we are "lending" them the smartphones. Don't worry if you're a taxpayer, they'll be giving them back. (insert rolling eyes smiley here)

Forum List

Back