Wealth gap - let the whining begin.

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
“families at the top of the income and wealth distributions experienced very little, if any, growth” in net worth between 2016 and 2019 “after experiencing large gains between 2013 and 2016,” while “families near the bottom of the income and wealth distributions generally continued to experience substantial gains.”

Between 2016 and 2019, white, wealthy and college-educated households had relatively less income growth than other groups, the Fed notes, adding that “more broadly, the income gaps between families with a college degree and those without one decreased.” Real median incomes grew 9% for Americans who haven’t completed high school and 6.3% for those with only a high-school diploma while declining 2.3% among those with a college degree.

The report shows that incomes rose significantly among younger people as they gained more experience—13.4% among those under age 35. As a comparison, between 2010 and 2016 Americans under age 35 saw a 5.8% increase in median incomes and those without a high-school degree only 1.7%.

Hmm, who was president between 2010 - 2016 and who was president 2016 - 2019?

Opinion | The Wealth Gap Shrinks

The nation has never seen this much of an earnings gain in our minority communities...and that makes sense...when people spend money it creates jobs and that raises wages first among the working class.....

Republicans look at the wealth gaps and say "we should bring everybody up to the highest level possible".

Democrats look at the wealth gaps and say "we should bring everybody Down to the lowest level possible".

Republicans look at the wealth gaps and say "we should bring everybody up to the highest level possible".

Democrats look at the wealth gaps and say "we should bring everybody Down to the lowest level possible".

Libertarians look at the wealth gap and say "it is what it is. Government has no business manipulating the economy."

Hmmm...I dunno. It sure seems like people my age are still struggling, though. I mean I can’t imagine people are all complaining about financial woes if they’re actually doing well.

Forum List

Back