We Need To Speak Honestly About The GOP's Evolution Into A Conspiracy Cult

One of the challenges in analyzing modern American politics is accurately describing the Republican Party without seeming unserious and hyperbolic. Unfortunately, the modern Republican Party’s abdication of seriousness, good faith and reality-based communications or policy-making has stretched even the most open-minded analyst’s capacity for forced balance. But there comes a tipping point at which it becomes too dangerous to keep up the pretense. Most people left of center would argue (rightly, I believe) that we hit that point long, long ago and the time to re-evaluate journalistic norms and practices should have been decades earlier when the GOP was busy covering up the Iran Contra scandal and promoting the Laffer Curve as serious public policy.

A conversation that is owed to those that fought to preserve the norm.

It was certainly an issue during the later Reagan years. But it didn't really ramp up until Newt and his Republican Revolution rolled into town. For the Republican Party, it's been a slow, steady descent ever since. The moderates and real conservatives have been driven out of the party. They've given a home to every right wing kook in the country and tried to make enemies out of the media and anyone who questions their motives. The whole conspiracy theory immersion has been happening since Obama was elected. Throw any lie against the wall and see if it sticks. I'm hoping we can get back to something approaching a normal news cycle next January.

In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Donald Trump,
compared to just 3.5% which went to Hillary Clinton.
While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative,
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 20% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 80% that is positive.

I'm confused, which way is it?....and if your opening line is a reverse..why should I care? At the end of the day Donald Trump makes most of his own bad press.
The OP is about the GOP's devolution. Painting the media as an enemy is just a diversion that's just sprung up in the Trump years.
The point is that conservatives and moderates brought sanity to the GOP but have now been driven out of it. And that may spell the GOP's demise.

`
Considering all the overwhelming, undeniable evidence of crimes, sedition, treason, and more by Obama, his criminal administration, and Democrats, by claiming there is a 'GOP Evolution Into A Conspiracy Cult', the OP has rendered his entire thread moot and self-identified as a Trump-hating, TDS-suffering, reality-denying, emotionally manipulated snowflake who should be ignored...and pitied.

framxeixex051.jpg
Gunrunning to Mexican cartel gun killed Border agent Brian Terry
Using the IRS as a weapon against the political opposition
Trying to influence the 2016 election using the DOJ
Gunrunning from Libya to Syria cause and Ambassador to be killed
Attempted Coup of a new Presidental administration
Trading a deserter for 5 Terrorist
Iranian tarmac money drop
Clinton Lynch Tarmac meeting
Joe Biden Threatening Ukraine
Fast & Furious nothing to do with Obama, Issa found.

IRS: Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that scandalous behavior never happened

Gunrunning from Libya to Syria?
Did you forget Assad was friend or foe.

Attempted coup only exists in your imagination. During 2016 campaign, investigation of Russian influence was secret.

Trading deserter for 5 terrorists? Appears to have resulted in peace

Iran tarmac money wasnt a scandal, just returning what they gave us decades ago

Bill-lynch tarmac a big nothing.

Biden, allies pushed out Ukrainian prosecutor because he didn't pursue corruption cases

One of the challenges in analyzing modern American politics is accurately describing the Republican Party without seeming unserious and hyperbolic. Unfortunately, the modern Republican Party’s abdication of seriousness, good faith and reality-based communications or policy-making has stretched even the most open-minded analyst’s capacity for forced balance. But there comes a tipping point at which it becomes too dangerous to keep up the pretense. Most people left of center would argue (rightly, I believe) that we hit that point long, long ago and the time to re-evaluate journalistic norms and practices should have been decades earlier when the GOP was busy covering up the Iran Contra scandal and promoting the Laffer Curve as serious public policy.

It was certainly an issue during the later Reagan years. But it didn't really ramp up until Newt and his Republican Revolution rolled into town. For the Republican Party, it's been a slow, steady descent ever since. The moderates and real conservatives have been driven out of the party. They've given a home to every right wing kook in the country and tried to make enemies out of the media and anyone who questions their motives. The whole conspiracy theory immersion has been happening since Obama was elected. Throw any lie against the wall and see if it sticks. I'm hoping we can get back to something approaching a normal news cycle next January.

In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Donald Trump,
While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative,
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 20% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 80% that is positive.

I'm confused, which way is it?....and if your opening line is a reverse..why should I care? At the end of the day Donald Trump makes most of his own bad press.
The OP is about the GOP's devolution. Painting the media as an enemy is just a diversion that's just sprung up in the Trump years.
The point is that conservatives and moderates brought sanity to the GOP but have now been driven out of it. And that may spell the GOP's demise.
Why would you be confused?
OH ... right it was Hillary that 96% of the journalists donated to.
And it was 80% negative news for Trump.
And you don't see the connection?
When so-called "objective" hacks write headlines/or 30 second sound bites that leave out important information OR worse ADD totally wrong
information they are doing so to depose of Trump...their objective!
And you don't believe that? You believe those RINO GOPs as it sounds like you are one... i.e. you don't like Trump because he tweets????
Because he isn't politically correct? What you are exhibiting is not only your gullibility to believe the MSM but your childish pouting that Trump doesn't
act the way you think a political hack should act!
Hey I don't like Trump personally. I think he is loud. Boisterous. Braggart. Like MANY successful bosses I knew though Trump gets things done and
you just can't get over your juvenile attitude that he isn't like other politicians. That to me is GREAT!

TDS thread (as opposed to starting another category called "Total Bullshit Threads") 1,634

When so-called "objective" hacks write headlines/or 30 second sound bites that leave out important information OR worse ADD totally wrong
And you don't believe that? You believe those RINO GOPs as it sounds like you are one... i.e. you don't like Trump because he tweets????
Because he isn't politically correct? What you are exhibiting is not only your gullibility to believe the MSM but your childish pouting that Trump doesn't
Hey I don't like Trump personally. I think he is loud. Boisterous. Braggart. Like MANY successful bosses I knew though Trump gets things done and
you just can't get over your juvenile attitude that he isn't like other politicians. That to me is GREAT!

I was confused because the opening line of your post said one thing and your linked article said another.
I have no respect for Trump because he is a liar, a fraud, a cheat, and has no interest in being President of the United States. He's just always campaigning for it because as a former reality TV star, that's all he knows how to do.
Political correctness??..How about just behave like you belong sitting in that chair and comport yourself with some dignity? Not belong sitting at the bar, drunk and yelling at the TV set. :)
Again, Trump makes his own bad press. Why? Because he isn't very smart. If that is great to you, so be it. It's just tiresome. He hasn't gotten anything accomplished. Just made a mockery of the Presidency both domestically and abroad.

I was confused because the opening line of your post said one thing and your linked article said another.
I have no respect for Trump because he is a liar, a fraud, a cheat, and has no interest in being President of the United States. He's just always campaigning for it because as a former reality TV star, that's all he knows how to do.
Political correctness??..How about just behave like you belong sitting in that chair and comport yourself with some dignity? Not belong sitting at the bar, drunk and yelling at the TV set. :)
Again, Trump makes his own bad press. Why? Because he isn't very smart. If that is great to you, so be it. It's just tiresome. He hasn't gotten anything accomplished. Just made a mockery of the Presidency both domestically and abroad.

Right... you want a president like this, is that correct?
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 10.07.10 AM.png

Or this guy running for President?
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 10.08.39 AM.png

In the age of "russiagate' should anyone in either party really be pointing fingers about conspiracy theories/

lol

Amen.

It’s comical watching every news event that is reported characterized as an attack on the blob/cult leader

View attachment 341180

View attachment 341181
Your blob fondlings of Ivanka is disturbing

View attachment 341180

View attachment 341181

I'd settle for one that wasn't a complete moron.
1590507074687.png

Amen.

It’s comical watching every news event that is reported characterized as an attack on the blob/cult leader

They are desperately searching for something that will stick to plug the hole that's been shot into the bottom of their boat. Never once giving an ounce of criticism to or holding their dear leader accountable...for anything. Sad.
I find it amusing that they all think he's being attacked, but will never consider or accept the fact that he makes all of his own bad press.

`
Considering all the overwhelming, undeniable evidence of crimes, sedition, treason, and more by Obama, his criminal administration, and Democrats, by claiming there is a 'GOP Evolution Into A Conspiracy Cult', the OP has rendered his entire thread moot and self-identified as a Trump-hating, TDS-suffering, reality-denying, emotionally manipulated snowflake who should be ignored...and pitied.

framxeixex051.jpg

IRS: Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that scandalous behavior never happened

Attempted coup only exists in your imagination. During 2016 campaign, investigation of Russian influence was secret.

Biden, allies pushed out Ukrainian prosecutor because he didn't pursue corruption cases
Thank you for writing a well prepared, factual refutation of multiple, batshyte crazy Trumpletard beliefs.

Too bad it will have no effect on them. They repel facts like Gore-Tex repels water.

You could hardly have done more to prove the OP's point than writing down that list of crazy conspiracy theories woven with grotesque distortions of the truth. It would have been easier for you to say, "yes, I admit it, I believe in made up horseshit."

Here's a place for you to start deprogramming the bullshit you believe.

that's funny Obama gun runs guns into another country without telling that government what he was doing and gives Holder executive privilege. And you try to find excuses for what he did.

Last edited:

View attachment 341180

View attachment 341181

I'd settle for one that wasn't a complete moron.
View attachment 341184
you had 8 years of that with Obama
The only thing that isn't a conspiracy theory is the fact that the only attempt to influence the 2016 election was done by obama using the thugs at the DOJ
If you found yourself undergoing psychiatric evaluation while saying something like that you'd run the risk of being committed.
you being TDS is not my fault that you can't actually see what happened you dumbass

`

framxeixex051.jpg

Thank you for writing a well prepared, factual refutation of multiple, batshyte crazy Trumpletard beliefs.

Too bad it will have no effect on them. They repel facts like Gore-Tex repels water.
That's great one liar congratulating another liar on more lies

Your source says majority of journalists donated to Hillary Clinton maybe I missed something somewhere

Sorry, I just could NOT get past your 1st lie.

Barry's US AG Eric holder withheld documents, perpetrated obstruction, and was caught committing Perjury under oath attempting to protect Barry's ass on that one, a gun-running scandal on his watch that HE approved.

Holder became the 1st US AG / Presidential Administration Cabinet Member in US history to be Censured, as a BIPARTISAN Congress joined together to Censure Holder for his crimes.

It's pretty pathetic when you can't make it past your 1st sentence in the attempted (and already debunked) defense of Barry's long list of scandals / crimes.

Sorry, I just could NOT get past your 1st lie.

Barry's US AG Eric holder withheld documents, perpetrated obstruction, and was caught committing Perjury under oath attempting to protect Barry's ass on that one, a gun-running scandal on his watch that HE approved.

Holder became the 1st US AG / Presidential Administration Cabinet Member in US history to be Censured, as a BIPARTISAN Congress joined together to Censure Holder for his crimes.

It's pretty pathetic when you can't make it past your 1st sentence in the attempted (and already debunked) defense of Barry's long list of scandals / crimes.

Actually, the initial post was correct, Obama had nothing to do with operation Fast & Furious...

Well, until the actual point in the article where it mentions Obama getting involved with operation Fast & Furious;

President Obama asserted executive privilege on Thursday to withhold the documents, saying they are related to internal and confidential deliberations. The White House cast Issa’s investigation as an election-year political witch hunt.

Speaking on ABC’s “This Week,” Issa called the administration’s claim of privilege “over-broad or simply wrong.” The committee is preparing a response to the administration in a letter that he said would probably be sent Sunday or Monday.

Forum List

Back