We Need To Amend The US Constitution

Hektor

I don't give a damn about Donald Trump, did not vote for him. You might, but I don't.

Your idea to drop the judicial branch is a child's idea.

You are projecting opinions onto me that I lack. Supreme Court justices usually grow up in privileged circumstances. They are not exposed to the stresses of life most Americans face. They live in what George Orwell called "money sheltered ignorance." They have never been crime victims, for example.

Supreme Court decisions are usually to the left of most Americans on social issues, and to the right of most Americans on economic issues. Generally speaking I am socially conservative and economically liberal.

The American people never voted for forced school busing. We never voted for affirmative action. We certainly will never vote for racial reparations.

On the other hand, we never voted for unlimited financial campaign contributions. For years popular opinion surveys have indicated majority support for a more progressive tax system.

The amendment I recommend would make the U.S. government more democratic.
You don't understand the concept of the law or the court system. It is built on established laws and not feelings or personal circumstances. I think you are more liberal than you want to admit.

You don't understand the concept of the law or the court system. It is built on established laws and not feelings or personal circumstances. I think you are more liberal than you want to admit.
Feelings determine interpretations of the law.

As long as the Supreme Court makes decisions one likes it is easy to imagine that it consists of nine sages of infinite wisdom who spend their days poring over ancient manuscripts in search of The Absolute Truth.

Actually, the United States Constitution is vaguely worded, and open to many interpretations. Supreme Court justices are not dispassionate defenders of the Constitution. They have values and concerns that they read into the Constitution.

For example, the Roe vs Wade decision was based on a presumably Constitutional right to privacy. Nevertheless, the Constitution does not mention the word "privacy" or "abortion." As far as I am concerned the Constitution does not defend either. Perhaps it should, but it does not.

I am in favor of legal abortion. Nevertheless, I think that is a decision that should be made by the voters, not by the Supreme Court.

That has already happened. Where you been?
The Supreme Court is a loose cannon that can role in any direction, causing an enormous amount of damage.
Look what we have here- a wacko who wants to abolish the US Constitution. Ya want to replace it with a fucking king or yourself?

That has already happened. Where you been?

Look what we have here- a wacko who wants to abolish the US Constitution. Ya want to replace it with a fucking king or yourself?
If you read my previous comments on this topic with good reading comprehension, you would know that I do not want to replace the Constitution. I only want one amendment designed to weaken the Supreme Court and consequently to make the U.S. government more democratic.

If you read my previous comments on this topic with good reading comprehension, you would know that I do not want to replace the Constitution. I only want one amendment designed to weaken the Supreme Court and consequently to make the U.S. government more democratic.
I DON'T GIVE A FLYING HOOT WHAT YOU WANT,, LUNATIC.

Call me what you want but I will never want the judge that I am standing before to rule on my case based on how he feels. Yes, there is a dimwit amongst us, not so sure that it is me.

Idiot. Judges are governed by rules of ethics and if they rule incorrectly, their rulings can be appealed. YOu are totally ignorant of the legal system.

I would like an amendment to weaken the power of the Supreme Court. I understand the doctrine of separation of powers, but I do not accept it. I do not like the way five unelected Supreme Court justices, who may change their opinions after they join the Supreme Court like Earl Warren did, can overturn popular legislation that has been in effect for a long time.
You oppose Brown v Board of Education?
Constitutionality does not depend on popularity or longevity.

You oppose Brown v Board of Education?
Constitutionality does not depend on popularity or longevity.
In 1954 the Supreme Court declared that segregated schools violated the Fourteenth Amendment, which declared:

on 1 Rights​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

However, the same Congress that voted for the Fourteenth Amendment voted to keep public schools in Washington, DC segregated.

The US is not, and was never meant to be, a democracy; the Constitition, and the related decisions by the court, are in part, intended to protect the rights of the minority from the majority.

Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 26 August 1816​

To Isaac H. Tiffany​

Monticello Aug. 26. 1816

Sir,

the introduction of this new principle of representative democracy has rendered useless almost every thing written before on the structure of government: and in a great measure relieves our regret if the political writings of Aristotle, or of any other antient, have been lost, or are unfaithfully rendered or explained to us. my most earnest wish is to see the republican element of popular controul pushed to the maximum of it’s practicable exercise. I shall then believe that our government may be pure & perpetual. Accept my respectful salutations.

Th: Jefferson

The US needs to change the Constitution to stop the President being elected in the way he is. The US needs SENSIBLE leadership in Congress and in the White House.

Change to a parliamentary system with Proportional Representation.
Then do not count illegals. You realize they do. Just more of a power grab.

In 1954 the Supreme Court declared that segregated schools violated the Fourteenth Amendment, which declared:

on 1 Rights​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

However, the same Congress that voted for the Fourteenth Amendment voted to keep public schools in Washington, DC segregated.
WRONG. The 1954 decision was not based solely on the 14th amendment, but also on Psychological studies that proved Black children are harmed by segregation. Why don't you read and get the facts straight?

To eliminate the authority of the President over oil production and immigration. If we don't, Uncle Jojo will destroy this country. That bastard still has 2 more years to destroy all of it. He and his woke idiots are destroying the military, too with enlistments way down.
The professional politicians will never support anything that will reduce their power.

WRONG. The 1954 decision was not based solely on the 14th amendment, but also on Psychological studies that proved Black children are harmed by segregation. Why don't you read and get the facts straight?
The dolls were part of a group of groundbreaking psychological experiments performed by Mamie and Kenneth Clark, a husband-and-wife team of African American psychologists who devoted their life’s work to understanding and helping heal children’s racial biases. During the “doll tests,” as they’re now known, a majority of African American children showed a preference for dolls with white skin instead of Black ones—a consequence, the Clarks argued, of the pernicious effects of segregation.

https://www.history.com/news/brown-...ks' work, and their,cases that became Brown v.

What is not mentioned here is that black girls who attended integrated schools were more likely to choose the white dolls.

Also, there was no consideration by the Supreme Court of what it is like to be a white student at a black majority public school.

What I Learned When I Recreated the Famous ‘Doll Test’ That Looked at How Black Kids See Race, March 6, 2021​

I first heard about the Clarks’ doll experiment with preschool children during a Black studies class in college in the early 2000s. But it wasn’t until one of my daughters came home from preschool one day in 2017 talking about how she didn’t like being Black that I decided to create the doll test anew...

I placed four racially diverse dolls (white, Latina, Black with lighter skin, and Black with medium skin) in a diverse preschool classroom and observed Black preschool girls as they played for one semester. My work was published in Early Childhood Education, a peer-reviewed journal...

Without asking specific questions as the Clarks did, I still found a great deal of bias in how the girls treated the dolls. The girls rarely chose the Black dolls during play. On the rare occasions that the girls chose the Black dolls, they mistreated them. One time a Black girl put the doll in a pot and pretended to cook the doll. That’s not something the girls did with the dolls that weren’t Black.

Viktor, if it makes you feel any better, when my nieces were little girls I bought them black dolls. There did not seem to be any problem.

Forum List

Back