We Need More Gun Laws! How About Democrats Start Using the Existing Laws?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Exhibit 34,473 on how the Left love to promote violent crime:

A Chicago man who has been linked to guns and violence in the city since at least 2013 opened fire on two cops who tried to arrest him for openly carrying a handgun on a Near West Side street corner Christmas Eve, prosecutors said. The man posted just $500 to get out of jail for allegedly carrying a gun in his hand at the exact same location in March, according to prosecutors and public records.

Nokomis Jefferson, 29, was charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder and being a felon in possession of a weapon for the latest incident on Sunday. He was still on bond for the March case when he allegedly tried to kill the officers.

Jefferson is the 62nd person accused of killing, trying to kill, or shooting someone in Chicago this year while awaiting trial for a felony. A total of 95 victims are involved in those crimes — 25 of them were murdered.

Last edited:
Put him in jail.

I assume that's what they did.

What are you complaining about? That we charge people with crimes before they commit them?

Expect no comments from the gun grabbers.
Well, I'm a Liberal who supports gun restrictions, and feel this OP is pretty logical. What you folks convientely left out is federal gun laws frequently get watered down or altered by state laws, so stereotyping all Liberals as "gun grabbers" makes little sense, since they have little influence over 50 different states, each with their own way of running things.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Well, I'm a Liberal who supports gun restrictions, and feel this OP is pretty logical. Unfortunately, federal gun laws frequently get watered down or altered by state laws, so stereotyping all Liberals as "gun grabbers" makes little sense, since they have little influence over 50 different states, each with their own way of running things.

What’s watered down that allowed a career violent felon to get a $500 bail to get back on the streets after yet another gun crime?

I bet Democrats have him back on the streets after trying to murder two cops.

A Chicago man who has been linked to guns and violence in the city since at least 2013 opened fire on two cops who tried to arrest him for openly carrying a handgun on a Near West Side street corner Christmas Eve, prosecutors said. The man posted just $500 to get out of jail for allegedly carrying a gun in his hand at the exact same location in March, according to prosecutors and public records.

Nokomis Jefferson, 29, was charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder and being a felon in possession of a weapon for the latest incident on Sunday. He was still on bond for the March case when he allegedly tried to kill the officers.

Jefferson is the 62nd person accused of killing, trying to kill, or shooting someone in Chicago this year while awaiting trial for a felony. A total of 95 victims are involved in those crimes — 25 of them were murdered.
You need appropriate guns for a society, that's all, nothing more and nothing less. As they are not, America is capital of gun chaos.

What’s watered down that allowed a career violent felon to get a $500 bail to get back on the streets after yet another gun crime?

You'll lose that bet little guy. I'd also like to point out that Democrats don't decide such things, the courts do.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

Well, I'm a Liberal who supports gun restrictions, and feel this OP is pretty logical. What you folks convientely left out is federal gun laws frequently get watered down or altered by state laws, so stereotyping all Liberals as "gun grabbers" makes little sense, since they have little influence over 50 different states, each with their own way of running things.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :auiqs.jpg:

Which states, cities are watering down our federal laws?

Why do liberals keep watering down gun laws? While stating they want to crack down on gun crime?!?

Throw away the key, this time.

Better idea, how bout we stop giving these criminals low bail or literally releasing them for peanuts?

Putting them in jail does no good when democrats let them right back out
Nor when republican judges do either.

The judges aren't the big problem the prosecutors are. And these problems are near exclusive to big cities which are almost exclusively democrats
Prosecuting attorney are mostly hired. Judges set bail. They need to use better discretion about who is a danger to society, while awaiting trial.

All hired by elected politicians.
Thus Democrat controlled areas see the highest crime.
I still say the judges are the biggest problem. They have to agree or disagree. They are not paid to go along. they are paid to exercise their judgement. The prosecutors are only interested in easy convictions and a plea deal is still a win, in their book and a whole lot easier.

The simple answer is crack down on criminals. Criminals should be afraid of the police and afraid of courts that sentence them.

We need to stop saying "fuck the police" and instead scream "fuck criminals".

Forum List

Back