We Have

I have photo shop.. I copied the image and when I get here to paste it, it will not paste..

I have photo shop.. I copied the image and when I get here to paste it, it will not paste..

Former Graphic Designer Man sez:

Check the file type. make sure it's a jpg, tif or gif.

Check the file size, don't forget to optimize it for web browsing. Higher quality, bigger the file. Find a happy medium.

Then try again. Very typical problem actually.

it says it is a JEPG file.. :confused:
Okay, you say you have photoshop. So, if this is like versions of old, you want to look in the "SAVE AS" button in the File tab (I assume you have a PC and not a Crapple YES AN ARTIST WHO PREFERS PC! SHeesh.)

Better still is if you have a "Save for Web" function. That will offer you a 4 up screen of the image and show you different qualities and file sizes. There should be controls in which you can play with this somewhere in the 4 up screen.

Make sure it saves with either a .jpg .png or .gif suffix. Check the memory size once saved, and if it's over 100k, try again.

If that doesn't work, shrink the size down. Remember screen resolution is 72 pixels per inch. If your image say 300, that image is actually 4 times larger than you think.

Good luck with the pic, hope this helps.

it says it is a JEPG file.. :confused:
Okay, you say you have photoshop. So, if this is like versions of old, you want to look in the "SAVE AS" button in the File tab (I assume you have a PC and not a Crapple YES AN ARTIST WHO PREFERS PC! SHeesh.)

Better still is if you have a "Save for Web" function. That will offer you a 4 up screen of the image and show you different qualities and file sizes. There should be controls in which you can play with this somewhere in the 4 up screen.

Make sure it saves with either a .jpg .png or .gif suffix. Check the memory size once saved, and if it's over 100k, try again.

If that doesn't work, shrink the size down. Remember screen resolution is 72 pixels per inch. If your image say 300, that image is actually 4 times larger than you think.

Good luck with the pic, hope this helps.

thanks for all your help,, I'm still working on it.. :D

yeah. I bet the img needs to be reduced. Its prolly ginormous in its orig size. My cam takes pics in hi-res so i have to reduce them to a web- friendly resolution/size. I bet is has to be under something like 1200 X 800 or somewheres @ there.

Last edited:
yeah. I bet the img needs to be reduced. Its prolly ginormous in its orig size. My cam takes pics in hi-res so i have to reduce them to a web- friendly resolution/size. I bet is has to be under something like 1200 X 800 or somewheres @ there.
best size for here is under 640x640 or so. That's still big.

Forum List

Back