We get 5 Americans, they get 5 Iranians and $6B: U.S., Iran Agree to Prisoner Swap

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
As much as I want to see Americans detained under questionable circumstances returned home, I loathe the idea of paying for them, even if it is Iran's money. We as a country may not negotiate with terrorists, but it sure seems like we can be blackmailed...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration has cleared the way for the release of five American citizens detained in Iran by issuing a blanket waiver for international banks to transfer $6 billion in frozen Iranian money from South Korea to Qatar without fear of U.S. sanctions. In addition, as part of the deal, the administration has agreed to release five Iranian citizens held in the United States.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken signed off on the sanctions waivers late last week, a month after U.S. and Iranian officials said an agreement in principle was in place. Congress was not informed of the waiver decision until Monday, according to the notification, which was obtained by The Associated Press...

Don't try to tell me that none of this money will wind up in the coffers of Hamas or ISIS or the Muslim Brotherhood or some other terrorist group. Terrorism is Iran's biggest export...

And let's not forget their nuclear program...

Last edited:
As much as I want to see Americans detained under questionable circumstances returned home, I loathe the idea of being paying for them, even if it is Iran's money. We as a country may not negotiate with terrorists, but it sure seems like we can be blackmailed...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration has cleared the way for the release of five American citizens detained in Iran by issuing a blanket waiver for international banks to transfer $6 billion in frozen Iranian money from South Korea to Qatar without fear of U.S. sanctions. In addition, as part of the deal, the administration has agreed to release five Iranian citizens held in the United States.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken signed off on the sanctions waivers late last week, a month after U.S. and Iranian officials said an agreement in principle was in place. Congress was not informed of the waiver decision until Monday, according to the notification, which was obtained by The Associated Press...

Don't try to tell me that none of this money will wind up in the coffers of Hamas or ISIS or the Muslim Brotherhood or some other terrorist group. Terrorism is Iran's biggest export...

The Big Guy probably got 10% off the top.

Hostage taking pays and Iranians are some of the best at it. By the way what do you think happened to that US Army deserter who ran across the border into North Korea recently? They'll probably get $millions in exchanges for him down the road.

As much as I want to see Americans detained under questionable circumstances returned home, I loathe the idea of being paying for them, even if it is Iran's money. We as a country may not negotiate with terrorists, but it sure seems like we can be blackmailed...

Five Iranian "citizens"? Unless we are partaking in the "grab a tourist" game as our enemies do, they are probably terrorists. Just like the five terrorists Obama released to get back the deserter Bergdahl.
America The Stupid, thanks Democrats.

US makes deal with Iran to swap American prisoners for $6B in funds

The moral here is that crime pays. You can kidnap Americans and we will pay you cash. Better yet, we will subsidize your nuclear weapons program so you can hold us nuclear hostage in the future … for MORE MONEY!

This is some shit-sorry, ass-backward attempt at foreign policy. We ought to just go in and get our people and leave $6 billion in damage in our wake.

When dealing with those bastards in Iran, the answer is ALWAYS “Fuck Iran!”

As much as I want to see Americans detained under questionable circumstances returned home, I loathe the idea of paying for them, even if it is Iran's money. We as a country may not negotiate with terrorists, but it sure seems like we can be blackmailed...

As long as it doesn't go to any of the 5000 ISIS or Taliban fighters that were released as part of Trumps surrender in Afghanistan. We should be good.

Israel never negotiates with terrorists - and for good reason. Biden should take a lesson.

And before some libtard races in to defend Muslims, Iran IS a state sponsor of terror.
Saint Reagan paid out as well and yet not a word from the GOP.

I can guarantee you that the first comment from somebody on my ignore list will go like this: "But it was Iran's money to start with. We took it from them in 1979..."

Just watch. :laughing0301:

You do realize we aren't "giving" them any money, right? It's theirs anyway, it's just been frozen for a while.

The Big Guy probably got 10% off the top.
1sf3v0.jpg

The moral here is that crime pays. You can kidnap Americans and we will pay you cash. Better yet, we will subsidize your nuclear weapons program so you can hold us nuclear hostage in the future … for MORE MONEY!

This is some shit-sorry, ass-backward attempt at foreign policy. We ought to just go in and get our people and leave $6 billion in damage in our wake.

When dealing with those bastards in Iran, the answer is ALWAYS “Fuck Iran!”
Nope.

Go read about it.

Forum List

Back