We Appear to be in the Midst of a Second IC-led Coup Attempt

If the Dems go through with the proceedings, the charges will all be laid out in the Articles. That's where the rubber meets the road. The proceedings themselves only matter in that the Dems need to sell the whole thing to voters.

Politics, politics, politics.

There is no coup. Trump violated the constitution.

Again.

Please tell us how, and when
You know how and when he has violated the constitution every time he has done it. This last episode is just one of many. So if you don't know, figure it out. Because Trump has violated the constitution.

Again.

You know how and when he has violated the constitution every time he has done it. This last episode is just one of many. So if you don't know, figure it out. Because Trump has violated the constitution.

No, I don't. I know when obummer did, but I can't find a single instance of trump doing it.

Educate us.

We sure are in the middle of a coup, and the people in DC have such disdain and animosity for us they don't even care if we believe them or not at this point.

Let's see how this turns out in 2020 for them.

We are ready.

If the Dems go through with the proceedings, the charges will all be laid out in the Articles. That's where the rubber meets the road. The proceedings themselves only matter in that the Dems need to sell the whole thing to voters.

The democrats should not be the only ones having to sell anything. Yet you have ascribed to the both sides are the problem argument when one side is supporting and excusing a lawless president. Republicans have been complicit in violating our constitution. As members of congress it is just as much their job as the democrats to check the president. Instead they enabled him.

The democrats should not be the only ones having to sell anything. Yet you have ascribed to the both sides are the problem argument when one side is supporting and excusing a lawless president. Republicans have been complicit in violating our constitution. As members of congress it is just as much their job as the democrats to check the president. Instead they enabled him.
I don't know what that has to do with my point.

Again.

No, I don't. I know when obummer did, but I can't find a single instance of trump doing it.

Educate us.
No you don't know when Obama did it. You want to claim that while you excuse Trump. You know exactly what Trump has done, you don't need it explained to you. The simple reality is that you are fine with Trump breaking the law, which is why you are sitting on your ass lying about what you haven't seen Trump do.

Everything. The democrats should not be alone in having to prove to the people for the 1000th time about another instance of Trump violating the constitution. The right is once again lying and excusing his behavior. But to you, liberals angrily calling out this tyranny is the same as protecting it.

Everything. The democrats should not be alone in having to prove to the people for the 1000th time about another instance of Trump violating the constitution. The right is once again lying and excusing his behavior. But to you, liberals angrily calling out this tyranny is the same as protecting it.
I'm waiting to see what the Articles of Impeachment say. That's where this gets beyond shallow assumptions, simplistic theories & rhetorical slap fights, and into concrete reality.

Maybe the Dems will have a great case. That's what the investigative process is for. I surely don't know at the moment.

But my opinion won't be swayed by transparent partisans tooting vague platitudes about the violation of the Constitution.

Last edited:
We sure are in the middle of a coup, and the people in DC have such disdain and animosity for us they don't even care if we believe them or not at this point.

Let's see how this turns out in 2020 for them.

We are ready.
You ready to nominate Bill Weld?

Because this is not a coup. And you 30 percent nut jobs are not going to matter in 2020.

Again.

Educate us.
No you don't know when Obama did it. You want to claim that while you excuse Trump. You know exactly what Trump has done, you don't need it explained to you. The simple reality is that you are fine with Trump breaking the law, which is why you are sitting on your ass lying about what you haven't seen Trump do.

Trump got elected. That's what he did. That's what triggered you and you and your cohorts have been trying to undo that since Nov 2016.

Your source is dubious.

You think? But it is valiantly making a case for the "the requirement that a person must contain first-hand information of wrongdoing", doesn't it?
No. Not when both the IG and DNI say the complaint had merit.

You are fine with the expression that "a person must contain information", and you don't immediately dismiss the pathetic scribbler upon reading that pap?

I'm waiting to see what the Articles of Impeachment say. That's where this gets beyond shallow assumptions & rhetorical slap fights, and into concrete reality.

Maybe the Dems will have a great case. That's what the investigative process is for. I don't know at the moment.

But my opinion won't be swayed by transparent partisans tooting vague platitudes about the violation of the Constitution.

I'm not worried about swaying your opinion. Trump has violated the constitution on numerous occasions and has consistently abused his power. That's what the Mueller report showed and every instance of him refusing to answer to congress shows this as well. So your choice to be stupid and adopt right wing doubts is your problem. We have a transcript of the call, we have the documented complaint of the whistle blower. Both stories match. I don't toot vague platitudes, the facts show what I have said to be correct.

I'm waiting to see what the Articles of Impeachment say. That's where this gets beyond shallow assumptions & rhetorical slap fights, and into concrete reality.

Maybe the Dems will have a great case. That's what the investigative process is for. I don't know at the moment.

I'm not worried about swaying your opinion. Trump has violated the constitution on numerous occasions and has consistently abused his power. That's what the Mueller report showed and every instance of him refusing to answer to congress shows this as well. So your choice to be stupid and adopt right wing doubts is your problem. We have a transcript of the call, we have the documented complaint of the whistle blower. Both stories match. I don't toot vague platitudes, the facts show what I have said to be correct.
The personal insults really aren't necessary.

Okay, show me. List the verified actions and the corresponding passages in the Constitution. Maybe you're right.

Again.

Educate us.

Trump got elected. That's what he did. That's what triggered you and you and your cohorts have been trying to undo that since Nov 2016.

No Sue. That's not how it goes. I've voted for people that didn't get elected before Sue. Trump is a crook.

Okay, show me. List the verified actions and the corresponding passages in the Constitution. Maybe you're right.

You're right. The personal insults are not necessary.

Trump has violated the constitution on numerous occasions. If you are incapable of understanding that he has consistently obstructed justice, abused his power, tampered with witnesses, personally enriched himself off the presidency, and now has attempted extortion, then you just aren't very aware.

You're right. The personal insults are not necessary.

Trump has violated the constitution on numerous occasions. If you are incapable of understanding that he has consistently obstructed justice, abused his power, tampered with witnesses, personally enriched himself off the presidency, and now has attempted extortion, then you just aren't very aware.
Those accusations are all based on interpretation of the law. And yes, I can see them being included in the Articles with specifics. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see more actions like that come to light.

What I don't do is see a reason to play judge and jury before the facts are laid out and fully & fairly challenged. Maybe new information will come out. Maybe I'm not seeing something.

Making one-sided assumptions, automatically believing the worst, and being incurious about contrary information are all behaviors regularly shared by both ends of the spectrum.

I'm curious and open to new information. I wish those were not qualities that are become more and more rare.

Forum List

Back