Watching CNN, former GOP Mia Love...thankfully she was voted out, she is dumb as a stump (or just dishonest)

Maybe it's an offshoot of TDS but it seems that lefties ignore the reality of the Biden administration and hunt for obscure left wing blog sites that pretend to be hysterical over some minor detail in the republican party.

you're the one that says they weren't. I merely asked why, in your opinion, they weren't consulted. Were they so disengaged that the House and Senate Sargent at Arms didn't feel it worth the time to try to get their input? Was it negligence? C'mon, don't be shy, tell us why you think it wasn't important for Pelosi and/or Schumer to be informed of the threat and the offer of the National Guard.

The claim is she turned down the request

Still waiting for your proof

The claim is she turned down the request

Still waiting for your proof
When I make a claim, I'll provide proof. But, while you're waiting for whoever should be providing proof, why not answer my question? Why were Pelosi and Schumer NOT briefed of the threats and the offer to use the National Guard? If it was negligence, why were the Sergeants at Arms allowed to resign instead of being dismissed?

When I make a claim, I'll provide proof. But, while you're waiting for whoever should be providing proof, why not answer my question? Why were Pelosi and Schumer NOT briefed of the threats and the offer to use the National Guard? If it was negligence, why were the Sergeants at Arms allowed to resign instead of being dismissed?
Maybe because it really isn’t their job
By the way, the Senate leader was McConnell not Schumer

Neither the Speaker nor the Senate Leader maintains day to day supervision of the Capitol Police

Turn off CNN RW.....

Why did Trump sit around on his fat ass for over three hours during the insurrection and not call out the National Guard?

Neither the Speaker nor the Senate Leader maintains day to day supervision of the Capitol Police
Well, then why wasn't Pelosi and McConnell notified? It IS part of their job...they are the supervisors of the House and Senate Sergeants are arms...or didn't you know that?

Well, then why wasn't Pelosi and McConnell notified? It IS part of their job...they are the supervisors of the House and Senate Sergeants are arms...or didn't you know that?

Maybe 200 years of precedence

I don't remember saying the Speaker or the Senate Leader maintained day to day supervision of the Capitol Police...if you were to investigate, you'd find that the Capitol police are supervised day to day by the Capitol Police Board, who are supervised by the House and Senate Sergeant at Arms...who are supervised by the Speaker and the Majority leader...so, now we're back to you trying to explain why they were unaware of the threat or the offer to have National Guard support for the Capital Police.

So, you're saying that the House Sargent at Arms didn't bother to consult Pelosi? Why wasn't she important enough to be "in the loop"?

Your article is flawed and is full of lies of omission.

First, "Within 24-hours of the new assessment’s circulation, then-chief of the Capitol Police Steve Sund changed course and began requesting permission to deploy National Guard troops from the House and Senate Sergeant at Arms – both of whom report to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democrat Leader Chuck Schumer, respectively."

Chuck Schumer was not the Majority Leader at the time of the insurrection. Mitch McConnell was.

Second, there is ZERO evidence Pelosi or McConnell were requested to call out the National Guard. Probably because the Sergeant-at-Arms doesn't actually report to them as your bullshit link claims.

Third, the Sergeants At Arms do not report to the Speaker or Majority Leader. They report to the Capitol Police Board.

Finally, here is the written tesitmony of the former head of the USCP: https://context-cdn.washingtonpost....172/note/be976adb-2f01-4433-bbfb-e177a10e6c57.

On Monday, January 4, I approached the two Sergeants at Arms to request the assistance of the National Guard, as I had no authority to do so without an Emergency Declaration by the Capitol Police Board (CPB). My regular interactions with the CPB, outside of our monthly meetings regarding law enforcement matters, were conducted with the House and Senate Sergeant at Arms, the two members of the CPB who have law enforcement experience. I first spoke with the House Sergeant at Arms to request the National Guard. Mr. Irving stated that he was concerned about the “optics” of having National Guard present and didn’t feel that the intelligence supported it. He referred me to the Senate Sergeant at Arms (who is currently the Chair of the CPB) to get his thoughts on the request. I then spoke to Mr. Stenger and again requested the National Guard. Instead of approving the use of the National Guard, however, Mr. Stenger suggested I ask them how quickly we could get support if needed and to “lean forward” in case we had to request assistance on January 6. At Mr. Stenger’s direction, I called General William Walker, commanding officer of the D.C. National Guard. I advised that I had not received CPB approval, but wanted to know how many National Guard he could provide and how fast could he provide them if they were needed on Capitol Hill on January 6. He advised that he could repurpose nearby National Guard and have them to me fairly quickly, once approved. I asked General Walker to be prepared in the event that we requested them.

Pelosi was not involved in that decision at all.

I hope you have the integrity to admit you have fallen for yet another hoax, this one by Gym Jordan. But I know you don't have that kind of character.

So now the Vice President now is the Commander in Chief and can authorize calling up the National Guard? Are you sure?
It's funny how you all fell for a hoax by Gym Jordan that Pelosi denied a request to station the National Guard at the Capitol prior to January 6.

Since Trump sat on his fat ass and actually failed to call out the Guard during the insurrection, Pence and the Secretary of Defense would have had no choice but to do it themselves.

SecDef has the authority to act on his own to deploy the Guard.

I don't remember saying the Speaker or the Senate Leader maintained day to day supervision of the Capitol Police...if you were to investigate, you'd find that the Capitol police are supervised day to day by the Capitol Police Board, who are supervised by the House and Senate Sergeant at Arms...who are supervised by the Speaker and the Majority leader...so, now we're back to you trying to explain why they were unaware of the threat or the offer to have National Guard support for the Capital Police.
Maybe if you can point to precedence of Congressional leaders supervising day to day operations or being involved in decisions on National Guard you would have a complaint.

I have not seen anyone point to where this is a routine practice

What we DO KNOW is that Republicans are lying when they said Pelosi turned down the request

Maybe if you can point to precedence of Congressional leaders supervising day to day operations or being involved in decisions on National Guard you would have a complaint.

I have not seen anyone point to where this is a routine practice

What we DO KNOW is that Republicans are lying when they said Pelosi turned down the request
Why would I do that? I didn't claim they supervised day to day operations. That is something you keep throwing out as a distraction because you can't answer the question as to why, in that unusual circumstance, they were not informed and the offer of National Guard troops was not accepted.

Why would I do that? I didn't claim they supervised day to day operations. That is something you keep throwing out as a distraction because you can't answer the question as to why, in that unusual circumstance, they were not informed and the offer of National Guard troops was not accepted.

Lets just admit the whole thing is about Republicans demanding……Why didn’t you do a better job of stopping us from attacking the Capitol?

He did better than that... he tried to stop it before the day even arrived... both Pelosi and the DC mayor said go pound sand.... we don't want your national guard here....

BULLSHIT. There hasn't been an ounce of evidence that Trump did ANYTHING to stop the insurrection on January 5th, and much to show he shielded his plans from law enforcement.

January 6th had NOTHING to do with lax security at the Capitol and EVERYTHING to do with Donald Trump calling for and inciting a violent mob to attack the Capitol and prevent the lawful transfer of power to President Elect Biden.

FOCUS ON THE REAL ISSUE.

The question you're posing is irrelevant. The question isn't why did someone refuse the offer of the National Guard, the question is how did the President of the United States call an armed mob to the Elipse, and then send them to the Capitol to do violence, and why did Trump do NOTHING to end the violence, and refused to call out the National Guard.

Why did the Maryland National Guard arrive at the Capitol BEFORE the DC National Guard, even though they were sitting in buses at their base, waiting to go?

Forum List

Back