Debate Now Wasn't the Stormy Daniels affair extortion and blackmail?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I think she and her handlers at CNN and MSNBC had best tread carefully. All the money in the world won't be useful to her behind bars if Trump decides that is the angle to address this pariah.

Thoughts?

I think she and her handlers at CNN and MSNBC had best tread carefully. All the money in the world won't be useful to her behind bars if Trump decides that is the angle to address this pariah.

Thoughts?
It's a shakedown.
Somebody approached her and offered her a big payday to make up some shit about Trump.
She's already been paid and now she wants a bigger payday.

Thoughts?
It's a shakedown.
Somebody approached her and offered her a big payday to make up some shit about Trump.

Yes, but let's look at this from a legal perspective. She sees Trump running for the presidency, she had a one night stand with him 10 years prior, she tells him "I'm going to go public with this one night affair, unless..."

To me this is clearly blackmail. If she continues this, he need not look at the $20M (though he should pursue all angles of course) he should contact the authorities and talk about how under duress and threats of ruining his marriage and political career she demanded this money.

No different than being held up by pistol, but in this case it's by a pair of breasts.

Trump fucks a prostitute while his wife is pregnant... conservative reaponse? IT WAS THE PROSTITUTE’S FAULT! :rofl:

The action itself is between his wife and he, he without sin be the first to cast a stone.

The blackmail is a public issue and a crime.

I beleive the Trump and Stormy Daniels made whoopi (had an affair), otherwise why the non disclosure agreement.

This does not change that Trump is the duly ellected president. Trump will be running for re-election in 2020. If this swings some voters away from him, then so be it. Until then, so what!

As for the OP, I don’t know about extortion and blackmail on Stomy’s part. I seems like she “ran for the senate” for the attention several years ago. She had no chance of winning, she was simply being an attention hoe. Yes, I know Trump is also an attention hoe.

Thoughts?
It was fuking for money.
Does everything have to be explained?

Thoughts?

I'm not an attorney but I'll try my hand at a legal analysis.

From what I've read thus far, Trump required all of his "trysts" to sign a non-disclosure agreement regarding their activities (Shades of Grey?). She was paid money in exchange for her silence. Supposedly she wants to give the money back presumably thinking it will release her from the gag order she originally agreed to so she can then presumably dish on what occurred.

Violating a written contract in this manner is generally a civil matter not a crime.

Extortion is a form of theft that occurs when an offender obtains money, property, or services from another person through coercion. To constitute coercion, the necessary act can be the threat of violence, destruction of property, or improper government action. Inaction of the testimony or the withholding of testimony in a legal action are also acts that constitute coercion

Blackmail, in contrast to extortion, is when the offender threatens to reveal information about a victim or his family members that is potentially embarrassing, socially damaging, or incriminating unless a demand for money, property, or services is met. Even if the information is true or actually incriminating, you can still be charged with blackmail if you threaten to reveal it unless the victim meets your demand.

So what is Daniels demanding from Trump in exchange for her silence / continued silence in order to be charged with blackmail because it doesn't appear that the definition of extortion fits this scenario.

Also my understanding is that we all have certain rights that we can not sign away or agree to. If the reports that Daniels was or has been threatened with physical harm are true, then signing the NDA will not protect any of the parties from criminal prosecution if it were ever to come to that. In other words, you can't use a contract to hide behind in order to commit acts that are not lawful.

Thoughts?

Who exactly would be "behind bars"? And on what basis?

Thoughts?
It's a shakedown.

Yes, but let's look at this from a legal perspective. She sees Trump running for the presidency, she had a one night stand with him 10 years prior, she tells him "I'm going to go public with this one night affair, unless..."

Actually that had already been done and published long before but not noticed, by a magazine that gave her a lie detector test as part of it (which she passed). So this line you just wrote is made-up crapola.

To me this is clearly blackmail. If she continues this, he need not look at the $20M (though he should pursue all angles of course) he should contact the authorities and talk about how under duress and threats of ruining his marriage and political career she demanded this money.

No different than being held up by pistol, but in this case it's by a pair of breasts.

:lmao:

Diga me this Tonto.....

Rump says there was no such tryst. Right?

If there's no such tryst.............................................................. then what is there to not-disclose?

Hm?

Can't have it both ways. Either there's nothing to talk about, or there is. You can't talk about a non-event. Basic physics.

Thoughts?
It's a shakedown.

Actually that had already been done and published long before but not noticed, by a magazine that gave her a lie detector test as part of it (which she passed). So this line you just wrote is made-up crapola.

:lmao:

Diga me this Tonto.....

Rump says there was no such tryst. Right?

If there's no such tryst.............................................................. then what is there to not-disclose?

Hm?

Can't have it both ways. Either there's nothing to talk about, or there is. You can't talk about a non-event. Basic physics.
Jughead is going to jail soon.

Forum List

Back