Washington Post flip-flop: No, the Trump White House did not ‘dissolve’ the pandemic response office

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
It has been alleged by multiple officials of the Obama administration, including in The Post, that the president and his then-national security adviser, John Bolton, “dissolved the office” at the White House in charge of pandemic preparedness. Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious.

Now, I’m not naive. This is Washington. It’s an election year. Officials out of power want back into power after November. But the middle of a worldwide health emergency is not the time to be making tendentious accusations.

(Excerpt) Read more at twitchy.com ...

------------

Untitled-15-600x310.png

Fake news. Again.

Only two explanations:

1: They knew the truth and lied.
2: They are so stupid they did not do their homework and do some background checking.

Lying and incompetence - the two pillars of modern DemonRAT journalism.

But damn if Trump had 2 pieces of apple pie with ice cream, it would be a page ONE story for a week.
.maybe 2 if not enough Americans didn't die over the Chinese flu!

It has been alleged by multiple officials of the Obama administration, including in The Post, that the president and his then-national security adviser, John Bolton, “dissolved the office” at the White House in charge of pandemic preparedness. Because I led the very directorate assigned that mission, the counterproliferation and biodefense office, for a year and then handed it off to another official who still holds the post, I know the charge is specious.

Now, I’m not naive. This is Washington. It’s an election year. Officials out of power want back into power after November. But the middle of a worldwide health emergency is not the time to be making tendentious accusations.

------------

Untitled-15-600x310.png

Fake news. Again.

Only two explanations:

2: They are so stupid they did not do their homework and do some background checking.

uh HUH.

Kind of makes this exchange with Sherrod Brown 22 months ago hard to explain, doncha think?

Ruh roh.

/thread

The offices were consolidated. Sherrod Brown is a buffoon.

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

WaPo Opinion Piece Debunks Another False Story: No, Trump Didn't 'Eliminate' the Pandemic Response Office

One then is led to wonder why the Pandemic Response Office Counterproliferation and Biodefense Office is not leading the response effort. A bit of a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

------------

Untitled-15-600x310.png

Fake news. Again.

Only two explanations:

Here it is, Pogo

twitchy.com or the Washinton Post. Who to believe?

Twitchy - Media Bias/Fact Check

Overall, we rate Twitchy Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the Right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of Twitter sources that frequently post false information.

or

Washington Post - Media Bias/Fact Check

Overall, we rate The Washington Post Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favors the left and factually High due to the use of proper sources and a reasonable fact check record.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Overall, we rate Twitchy Right Biased based on story selection that always favors the Right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of Twitter sources that frequently post false information.

or

Overall, we rate The Washington Post Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favors the left and factually High due to the use of proper sources and a reasonable fact check record.

Proves what?

or

Proves what?
The OP is FAKE NEWS!

One then is led to wonder why the Pandemic Response Office Counterproliferation and Biodefense Office is not leading the response effort. A bit of a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

What make you think they're not part of the task force? It's really the NIH and CDCs job to take the lead.

What make you think they're not part of the task force? It's really the NIH and CDCs job to take the lead.
Really? The office was not created to coordinate pandemic response efforts? My my, one learns something everyday. Or not.

------------

Untitled-15-600x310.png

Fake news. Again.

Only two explanations:

uh HUH.

Kind of makes this exchange with Sherrod Brown 22 months ago hard to explain, doncha think?

Ruh roh.

/thread

No, not really.

The offices were consolidated. Sherrod Brown is a buffoon.

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

WaPo Opinion Piece Debunks Another False Story: No, Trump Didn't 'Eliminate' the Pandemic Response Office

It's okay he's a Democrat

or

I laugh

Forum List

Back