Wash Times - Obama completely overhauled health care to insure 4 million people.

All hail efficiency.

Don't forget better health and more freedom of choice.

Indeed. Better health so we can be more effective soldiers and workers. And all the freedom we need: choose one from column A, and one from column B, then get in line. You didn't really 'get' Orwell, did you?

So you are making up your mind based on an imaginary world. I am going to stick to the real one.

Don't forget better health and more freedom of choice.

Indeed. Better health so we can be more effective soldiers and workers. And all the freedom we need: choose one from column A, and one from column B, then get in line. You didn't really 'get' Orwell, did you?

So you are making up your mind based on an imaginary world. I am going to stick to the real one.

Corporatism uber alles.

Corporatism uber alles.

If it was up to you we would have never left the trees.

If it was up to you we would have never left the trees.

Yeah... That's been the gist of my argument. Because arguing for voluntary cooperation as an alternative to state coercion is clearly 'barbaric'.

To call your position barbaric is an insult to barbarians. Even the barbarians worked together.

Voluntary cooperation IS working together. It's not obedience to authority, so maybe that doesn't count as civilized in your view. I dunno. :dunno:

Yeah... That's been the gist of my argument. Because arguing for voluntary cooperation as an alternative to state coercion is clearly 'barbaric'.

To call your position barbaric is an insult to barbarians. Even the barbarians worked together.

Voluntary cooperation IS working together. It's not obedience to authority, so maybe that doesn't count as civilized in your view. I dunno. :dunno:

Uh every modern nation has health care for the poor provided by the government so I am not sure where you were going there.

Uh every modern nation has health care for the poor provided by the government so I am not sure where you were going there.

Were you ever a parent? I'm guessing not. The experience tends to make one immune to the "but all the other kids are doing it" argument.

Also... just to call you on the bait and switch - you haven't been advocating for health care for the poor. You're demanding universal health care. Very different. Make up your mind.

Also... just to call you on the bait and switch - you haven't been advocating for health care for the poor. You're demanding universal health care. Very different. Make up your mind.

I was referencing your position. If you are for Medicaid then I was mistaken.

It's nothing compared to the ACA sellout. If health care reform had focused on beefing up the safety net, and dealing with the regulatory capture and tax policies causing health care inflation, I'd probably be cheering for it rather than fighting tooth and nail to reverse it.

It's nothing compared to the ACA sellout. If health care reform had focused on beefing up the safety net, and dealing with the regulatory capture and tax policies causing health care inflation, I'd probably be cheering for it rather than fighting tooth and nail to reverse it.

I thought efficiency didn't matter to you.

I never said that. I said it wasn't justification for forcing obedience. We should reserve the power of the state to punish real criminals, not people who don't want to sign up for your 'plan'.

I never said that. I said it wasn't justification for forcing obedience. We should reserve the power of the state to punish real criminals, not people who don't want to sign up for your 'plan'.

Ahh the punishment that is increased efficiency and better health outcomes. It is straight out of some dystopian sci fi novel.

Meanwhile in the real world there are actual negative consequences as opposed to your imagined ones.

I am sorry but a world view that doesn't allow you to look at the world is by definition blind.

Ahh the punishment that is increased efficiency and better health outcomes. It is straight out of some dystopian sci fi novel.

Meanwhile in the real world there are actual negative consequences as opposed to your imagined ones.

I am sorry but a world view that doesn't allow you to look at the world is by definition blind.

And one that justifies violence against others based on convenience is immoral.

:lol:

You are such a martyr. You must cry everyday at the thought of kids being educated at public schools and kids getting government paid for health care. Ohh the tyranny!

You are such a martyr. You must cry everyday at the thought of kids being educated at public schools and kids getting government paid for health care. Ohh the tyranny!

Is that the fallback. When you got nothing else?

Yes reality is the fallback to your hyperbolic dystopian nonsense.

It makes sense that you'd equate childish name-calling with reality. Your moral calculus is along the lines of the schoolyard bully.

It makes sense that you'd equate childish name-calling with reality. Your moral calculus is along the lines of the schoolyard bully.

Now you think you are being bullied?

You really do have a martyr complex. You are not being bullied because we have Medicaid and Medicare or public schools or public roads or whatever else keeps you awake at night. You are being laughed at because you have tried to equate UHC to fascism and refuse to even admit that efficiency matters.

Forum List

Back