Was Obama right? Or is J.D. Vance wrong?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Which is it, Republicans?

In his Middletown speech, Vance excoriated corporations for not paying their fair share to the country that’s given them so much: “Who built the roads and bridges that allow you to do your business?” The sentiment echoes Obama, but when the former President said, “If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that,” in 2012, conservatives lambasted his “demonization” of industry.

We'll put MarathonMike down as a firm "no" on Trumper candidate J.D. Vance. :laugh:

The Government built the roads and bridges and Al Gore invented the internet so there you have it. No matter what you've accomplished in your life in America, you owe it to the gubmint.

Personally, I think the taxes I paid over my career more than covered my usage costs and the gubmint had ZERO to do with my success.

Last edited:
There are soooo many thread from wingnuts pissing and moaning about President Obama saying "you didn't build that" and every one one of them will support J.D. Vance for saying the same thing. Because it's a cult.

Screenshot_20210714-165715_Opera.jpg

No idea who JD Vance is, but a person's/corporation's "fair share" is whtever the law requires of them. Not a penny more, nor a penny less.
Then what the fuck are you doing on a political message board wasting our time?
So, you don't belong on a politics board if you do not know who a nobody like JD Vance is?

What a moronic thing to say.
  • He's running for Ohio Senator
  • He had a best-selling memoir 'Hillbilly Elegy'
  • Which was made into a Ron Howard movie starring Glenn Close and Amy Adams
  • Peter Theil has dumped $10 Million into his warchest
  • He was against Trump before he was for him

In his Middletown speech, Vance excoriated corporations for not paying their fair share to the country that’s given them so much: “Who built the roads and bridges that allow you to do your business?” The sentiment echoes Obama, but when the former President said, “If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that,” in 2012, conservatives lambasted his “demonization” of industry.

Obama plagiarize Elizabeth Warren in that speech

• He's running for Ohio Senator
  • He had a best-selling memoir 'Hillbilly Elegy'
  • Which was made into a Ron Howard movie starring Glenn Close and Amy Adams
  • Peter Theil has dumped $10 Million into his warchest
  • He was against Trump before he was for him
And?

He is a no one at this point.

Since Obama is one of the dumbest POS scumbags to ever sit in the Oval Office, there is a 99.9% chance he is wrong about everything. Who said this Vance character speaks for anyone other than himself? You folks really have no sense of accountability or responsibility, do you?

Forum List

Back