War On Whistleblowers... Candidate Trump: 'I Love Wikileaks.' President Trump: 'Arrest Assange!'...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
And to be fair, it's important to note most Democrats fully supported Wikileaks at one point too. Lots of hypocrisy to go around.

“I love Wikileaks,” candidate Donald Trump said on October 10th on the campaign trail. He praised the organization for reporting on the darker side of the Hillary Clinton campaign. It was information likely leaked by a whistleblower from within the Clinton campaign to Wikileaks.

Back then he praised Wikileaks for promoting transparency, but candidate Trump looks less like President Trump every day. The candidate praised whistleblowers and Wikileaks often on the campaign trail. In fact, candidate Trump loved Wikileaks so much he mentioned the organization more than 140 times in the final month of the campaign alone! Now, as President, it seems Trump wants Wikileaks founder Julian Assange sent to prison.

Last week CNN reported, citing anonymous “intelligence community” sources, that the Trump Administration’s Justice Department was seeking the arrest of Assange and had found a way to charge the Wikileaks founder for publishing classified information without charging other media outlets such as the New York Times and Washington Post for publishing the same information...

More:
Candidate Trump: ‘I Love Wikileaks.’ President Trump: ‘Arrest Assange!’

And to be fair, it's important to note most Democrats fully supported Wikileaks at one point too. Lots of hypocrisy to go around.

“I love Wikileaks,” candidate Donald Trump said on October 10th on the campaign trail. He praised the organization for reporting on the darker side of the Hillary Clinton campaign. It was information likely leaked by a whistleblower from within the Clinton campaign to Wikileaks.

Back then he praised Wikileaks for promoting transparency, but candidate Trump looks less like President Trump every day. The candidate praised whistleblowers and Wikileaks often on the campaign trail. In fact, candidate Trump loved Wikileaks so much he mentioned the organization more than 140 times in the final month of the campaign alone! Now, as President, it seems Trump wants Wikileaks founder Julian Assange sent to prison.

Last week CNN reported, citing anonymous “intelligence community” sources, that the Trump Administration’s Justice Department was seeking the arrest of Assange and had found a way to charge the Wikileaks founder for publishing classified information without charging other media outlets such as the New York Times and Washington Post for publishing the same information...

More:
Candidate Trump: ‘I Love Wikileaks.’ President Trump: ‘Arrest Assange!’
Ain't politics great....... :lol:

It would be fun to see him asked about this point blank, traditionally politicians are most fun when making stuff up on the fly. Plus he can talk shit as well as anyone.

It would be fun to see him asked about this point blank, traditionally politicians are most fun when making stuff up on the fly. Plus he can talk shit as well as anyone.

Yeah, i'd like to see it too. He's clearly been turned around. They're out for blood with Assange. The man's in grave danger.

Forum List

Back