WaPost: GOP is stuck in doom loop begun 30 years ago by Pat Buchanan & Newt, GOP will continue to drift as a national party until they face up to it

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Read and remember Pat Buchanan: Far-right extremism dominates the GOP. It didn’t start — and won’t end — with Trump.

in 1992, no one cared about immigration policy except Buchanan. he compared the Southern Border to the 10th circle of hell

Last edited:
Paywall.

The GQP may indeed be "stuck in a doom loop", but it will continue to enjoy some degree of success unless and until the alternative is more appealing. Elections are about choices and contrasts. The Democrats have their own issues, and plenty of things at which the GQP can still point.
Elections are about illusions of choice

The Federal government is on a one way path to economic destruction with all of it's massive spending, and has been for some time.

Voices such as Pat and Newt have tried to give warnings, but they are just laughed at like you laugh at them now.

Enjoy the massive inflation kids and subsequent global economic melt down.

Idiots.

Paywall.

The GQP may indeed be "stuck in a doom loop", but it will continue to enjoy some degree of success unless and until the alternative is more appealing. Elections are about choices and contrasts. The Democrats have their own issues, and plenty of things at which the GQP can still point.
/——/ Elections are about demoRATs rigging elections and stuffing the ballot box.

• Banned
The journalist Peter Brimelow’s 1995 best seller, Alien Nation, for example, opened with the suggestion that the country had been defined by a “specific ethnic core” that “has always been white”—and was now in danger of being replaced.

Brimelow was a friend of Buchanan's

• Banned
Buchanan insisted his immigration stance was not about race but culture, and that immigrants couldn't assimilate into US culture, though that was undercut by his insistence that white Europeans should immigrate freely to the US

Buchanan insisted his immigration stance was not about race but culture, and that immigrants couldn't assimilate into US culture, though that was undercut by his insistence that white Europeans should immigrate freely to the US

Yeah, I didn't know that.

You want to quote that for me? Where was that taken from?

That doesn't sound like Buchanan at all. I never got a particularly xenophobic vibe from him.

Elections are about illusions of choice

The Federal government is on a one way path to economic destruction with all of it's massive spending, and has been for some time.

Voices such as Pat and Newt have tried to give warnings, but they are just laughed at like you laugh at them now.

Enjoy the massive inflation kids and subsequent global economic melt down.

Idiots.

This from the drone that votes endlessly for the very people doing waht he warns us against

Yeah, I didn't know that.

You want to quote that for me? Where was that taken from?

That doesn't sound like Buchanan at all. I never got a particularly xenophobic vibe from him.
"Mass immigration means an America in 2050 with no core majority, made up of minorities of every race, color, religion, and culture on earth...such a country has never existed before." Buchanan In The American Conservative...that's the best i can find...he does in believe in what i stated, just go with me on this one

"Mass immigration means an America in 2050 with no core majority, made up of minorities of every race, color, religion, and culture on earth...such a country has never existed before." Buchanan In The American Conservative...that's the best i can find...he does in believe in what i stated, just go with me on this one
Link me to that quote. I did a search for it, I cannot find it anywhere.

I am suspicious of it.

What does the ". . . " signify?

The GOP has devolved into a party of culture wars with no coherent policy. There is no governing choice in America. You have the Democrats or a religious cabal. That’s not a choice. That’s a mandate to not vote for the cult.

More bullshit yakkety yak from the leftards.

There is no far right in this country. Hasn't been since around the time I was born.
There is one, but it isn't significant.

This whole thread, is trying to recast the staunchly anti-globalist, nationalist conservatives as Neo-reactionaries, bigots and, quite frankly, terrorists.

It is an attempt by establishmentarians to create a one party state, and the beginning of a uni-party western political narrative STATE.

Demonizing folks that don't like centralized authority, and far off governance with strawmen about their attitude about others, is always a good way to create censorship and fear about who they are.

It is always bullshit though.

All you have to do, is go to the source, and look for yourself what he is writing & re-posting. . . :rolleyes:

001-ben-garrison-dem-2022-election-222.jpg

Is the System Rigged? You Betcha.​

Buchanan advocated for welfare moms not receiving checks anymore from the government so that they stop having kids. a loving man! lol

they exist just like the far left exists....they are the die hard party people......follow the party but dont ask questions...
Yeah. . . I wouldn't really consider, Pat Buchanan a "far right," extremist though. The whole premise of this thread is absurd.

Was he slightly to the right of Reagan? Sure.

But a bigot, a xenophobe, and an extremist? The proposition for any person that is Gen X or older and remembers him interacting with folks on the left on the McLaughlin Group or Crossfire? Knows this is absurd.

I still occasionally read his columns, and his work is clearly going on down hill in his old age. He hasn't done any video, obviously, in the past decade and a half, but, an extremist? Absurd on its face.

Interview from 13 years ago. Clearly not anymore extreme than Trump, probably more sober.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back