Want!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
My best friend's dog is named Mitzi. I'm her 'aunt.' ;) I want this Mitzi!!

**Fort Worth, TX**CURRENT STATUS: Medically Urgent - Adoptable - Still in the shelter**

Reason for URGENT: just had surgery

Animal ID: 21698765
Name: Mitzi
Breed: Yorkie
Weight: 10 lbs
FULLY VETTED
Heartworm NEGATIVE

TAGGING INSTRUCTIONS: The above animal has been identified as URGENT. (S)he must be tagged by 9am on the designated day (if one is listed) and picked up by close of business that same day. If you do not, your tag may become invalid.

Please do not call the shelter. Also, messages posted on an animal’s thread may be overlooked and do not constitute a valid tag. The ONLY way to tag an animal is by emailing [email protected]. Detailed tagging information is at https://www.facebook.com/fwaccurgents/info

Attachments

• $newmitzi.jpg
    $newmitzi.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 83
Go get her BDBoop! Just do it!

But a word of caution from someone who adopted two small adult dogs...they may pee all over the house. Both of mine do. Just be prepared to have to deal with it. Luckily I have been able to get mine to pee on puppy pads...most of the time. But they tend to pee on the edge of the puppy pads so the urine gets on the floor and under the puppy pad...still a mess to clean up. :(

I'm only saying this because you have to be realistic about what you may be getting in to!

But a word of caution from someone who adopted two small adult dogs...they may pee all over the house. Both of mine do. Just be prepared to have to deal with it. Luckily I have been able to get mine to pee on puppy pads...most of the time. But they tend to pee on the edge of the puppy pads so the urine gets on the floor and under the puppy pad...still a mess to clean up. :(

I'm only saying this because you have to be realistic about what you may be getting in to!
Anytime you adopt a dog or cat, you're taking a chance. Just like people, they don't all turn out so good. Some if not most dogs require a lot of attention from their owner. I've found if you leave a dog alone all day, they often do some pretty bad things to your home. Unlike cats, they're pack animals, they need companionship and leadership.

• Banned

Can't. No dogs allowed here.

Adopted one of my boxers(Cozmo). He was a holy terror and I truly thought I was going to have to put him down after he bit his fourth person.
The last being my wife. Well he got an ass whipping of his life for that one and he's turned into the most loving,happy and not to mention the best dog I've ever had.
That was ten years ago and his time is short ...but I'll always be glad I gave him that ass whipping. If I hadn't,I wouldnt have got to spend the last ten years with him.
Man I'm sure going to miss him....

Adopted one of my boxers(Cozmo). He was a holy terror and I truly thought I was going to have to put him down after he bit his fourth person.
The last being my wife. Well he got an ass whipping of his life for that one and he's turned into the most loving,happy and not to mention the best dog I've ever had.
That was ten years ago and his time is short ...but I'll always be glad I gave him that ass whipping. If I hadn't,I wouldnt have got to spend the last ten years with him.

Sounds like you showed him who was boss. There may be a tendency on the part of some (myself included) to say what you did was wrong. But the outcome proves that you did the right thing and there's no denying it.

My only concern would be someone taking this approach and seriously harming the animal in the process. That is clearly not what happened here. :)

Sounds like you showed him who was boss. There may be a tendency on the part of some (myself included) to say what you did was wrong. But the outcome proves that you did the right thing and there's no denying it.

My only concern would be someone taking this approach and seriously harming the animal in the process. That is clearly not what happened here. :)

Yeah it definitely sucked doing it. But I figured I owed him one last attempt before putting him down.
Which would have been even more difficult.

Anytime you adopt a dog or cat, you're taking a chance. Just like people, they don't all turn out so good. Some if not most dogs require a lot of attention from their owner. I've found if you leave a dog alone all day, they often do some pretty bad things to your home. Unlike cats, they're pack animals, they need companionship and leadership.

SO nice to read someone who understands that dogs are pack animals. When we domesticated them, we became their pack. That's why its so cruel to shut a dog outside. They need to be with their pack.

Not to mention that there are only two reasons to have a dog - protection and companionship. If the dog is out in the yard, he's neither.

About taking a chance when adopting - The same is true if buying so-called "pure breeds". There is such an enormous variation possible with genetics, just making them all look like cookie cutter animals is not a guarantee of temperament.

And, that is really all a "pure breed" is. Just a physical cookie cutter. The rest is a crap shoot.

OTOH, there's an excellent book called Used Pets about adopting animals from shelters.

My best friend's dog is named Mitzi. I'm her 'aunt.' ;) I want this Mitzi!!

**Fort Worth, TX**CURRENT STATUS: Medically Urgent - Adoptable - Still in the shelter**

Reason for URGENT: just had surgery

Animal ID: 21698765
Name: Mitzi
Breed: Yorkie
Weight: 10 lbs
FULLY VETTED
Heartworm NEGATIVE

TAGGING INSTRUCTIONS: The above animal has been identified as URGENT. (S)he must be tagged by 9am on the designated day (if one is listed) and picked up by close of business that same day. If you do not, your tag may become invalid.

Please do not call the shelter. Also, messages posted on an animal’s thread may be overlooked and do not constitute a valid tag. The ONLY way to tag an animal is by emailing [email protected]. Detailed tagging information is at https://www.facebook.com/fwaccurgents/info

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....she looks just like my Spike!

This is his first visit to Santa:

J0pSY9D.jpg

Yeah it definitely sucked doing it. But I figured I owed him one last attempt before putting him down.
Which would have been even more difficult.

I found a fear biter. When feet go close to him, he would go crazy. Same if someone put their hand on his collar. I won't live with a dog I'm afraid of, won't put up with a dog that bites.

Needless to say, I would not consider beating a dog who was already so terrified that he was biting. No need for that and the last thing that's needed is to terrorize an already abused dog.

There were times when I considered giving up and have him put down but by being very alpha in my behavior, I was able to turn him around. I have a couple of scars from his bites but, as with a child, there is just no reason or excuse for beating a dog.

If you ever do it again, I hope you get caught and punished.

After the dog tears your teeny weeny off.

Anyone who beats a dog, regardless of the reason, needs to go to jail. Our other dog is an 80lb boxer, gentlest animal on earth and Spike's best friend. Although Spike is convinced he's bigger.

Anyone who beats a dog, regardless of the reason, needs to go to jail. Our other dog is an 80lb boxer, gentlest animal on earth and Spike's best friend. Although Spike is convinced he's bigger.

And, to beat an ABUSED dog?

Just inhuman.

I've found from working at a shelter, that dogs that have been beaten don't usually make good pets..

Beating a dog breaks it's spirit. It lives in constant fear of rejection and punishment often developing stomach and bowel problems which leads to accidents in the home which brings on more punishment. If property trained, there should be no reason to physically hit or whip the dog. This may stop the behavior you are trying to stop, but it may make them fearful of you, refusing to come when you call or even cowering when you raise your hand to pet them. Withdrawal of affection can be a serve punishment for most dogs. Usually a loud "bad dog" is all it should take. However for this to work the dog must have bonded with you so there is mutual affection. Unfortunately, some people consider a cowering and ever fearful dog is a good dog.

Forum List

Back