Want work? Accept a job.

I wasn't aware any of us had a duty to contribute to society.

You don't.. but society does not have a duty to take care of your personal sorry ass needs either

What is "society" ?

Typical college grad... all paper, no mental fortitude

Society | Define Society at Dictionary.com

so·ci·e·ty
   /səˈsaɪɪti/ Show Spelled [suh-sahy-i-tee] Show IPA noun,plural-ties, adjective
–noun
an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, orother purposes.
a body of individuals living as members of a community; community.

You see.. our nation, our society, our citizenship, and hence our government....

While you have the freedom to not contribute to society, that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fall flat on your face and get nothing.... and nobody owed you for your personal wants or needs but you... it is not everyone else's job to pick up for your failure, or provide for your personal needs when you won't

You don't.. but society does not have a duty to take care of your personal sorry ass needs either

What is "society" ?

Typical college grad... all paper, no mental fortitude

Society | Define Society at Dictionary.com

so·ci·e·ty
   /səˈsaɪɪti/ Show Spelled [suh-sahy-i-tee] Show IPA noun,plural-ties, adjective
–noun
an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, orother purposes.
a body of individuals living as members of a community; community.

You see.. our nation, our society, our citizenship, and hence our government....

While you have the freedom to not contribute to society, that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fall flat on your face and get nothing.... and nobody owed you for your personal wants or needs but you... it is not everyone else's job to pick up for your failure, or provide for your personal needs when you won't
You are having a conversation with this .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_RaPOOVX1Y]YouTube - How is Babby Formed?[/ame]

We know many unemployed that will not accept many types of work unless it is a 9-5 job with benefits.

You ever consider maybe they're just willing and able to wait for better employment? If I'm an attorney by practice, for instance, and I lose my job, but I've got enough $$$$$ in the bank to last a whole year - why would I take the first shit non-attorney job I ran across? Any job spent making low wages is time that could be spent looking for a job in my field or simply enjoying my time off.

These folks clearly aren't desperate enough to take those jobs - which should make more room for people who really do need the money NOW to take them.

What happens when the year is up and you are out of money?

We know many unemployed that will not accept many types of work unless it is a 9-5 job with benefits.

You ever consider maybe they're just willing and able to wait for better employment? If I'm an attorney by practice, for instance, and I lose my job, but I've got enough $$$$$ in the bank to last a whole year - why would I take the first shit non-attorney job I ran across? Any job spent making low wages is time that could be spent looking for a job in my field or simply enjoying my time off.

These folks clearly aren't desperate enough to take those jobs - which should make more room for people who really do need the money NOW to take them.

What happens when the year is up and you are out of money?

Then I guess its time to take a shit job. But you've had a whole year to plan to live on less money without being distracted by 12 hour shifts digging ditches.

I wasn't aware any of us had a duty to contribute to society.

Why shouldn't we have a duty to contribute to society?

Because we aren't communists?

me me me me me me mememe me me me me I I I I I I I I I I I I I gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme Bush blew up the levi's....

Typical liberal....."it's OK to make everyone else contribute to MY well being but I won't work until I find something that's not beneath my lofty stature."

Last edited:
We were at a convention center a few weeks ago and sawone of the areas used as a jobs conference with the Chamber sponsored by some government entity.
85% of the men there were in suit and tie and many had briefcases.
Most of the jobs were hands on work such as office assistant at $2500 to start with benefits.
Folks, you have to look for what is available, NOT what you want.
Horse and buggy days are over.

Most of this post was generalized rhetoric.

Most people who are out of work get the best job they can.

Do you live by the rules of an over materialistic society? Or do you live by your own rules that make sense to you? ie more frugally but a better life.

This decision will determine where and how you live.

Wow I've heard of people complaining about paying too much in taxes for programs they don't use And I've heard many, many excuses by lazy bastards who don't work. But I've yet to hear anyone admit they don't feel any obligation to be a productive member of society. Today is a first.

Wow I've heard of people complaining about paying too much in taxes for programs they don't use And I've heard many, many excuses by lazy bastards who don't work. But I've yet to hear anyone admit they don't feel any obligation to be a productive member of society. Today is a first.

Are any politicians a productive member of society?

Or just top feeding parasites?

Last edited:

But yet you want them to make decisions on, or take control of things such as health care, business regulation, personal needs, etc?

Why shouldn't we have a duty to contribute to society?

Because we aren't communists?

me me me me me me mememe me me me me I I I I I I I I I I I I I gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme Bush blew up the levi's....

Typical liberal....."it's OK to make everyone else contribute to MY well being but I won't work until I find something that's not beneath my lofty stature."

What the hell are you babbling about?

But yet you want them to make decisions on, or take control of things such as health care, business regulation, personal needs, etc?

HUH? I want the most corrupt half shot for malfeasance or treason to cause the rest to straighten up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back