Walmart Helping Out Our First Responders

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
My brother is a Las Vegas cop and got notified yesterday that one of the Walmart's in the city were opening their doors to all first responders for an hour after they close while they restock the store so they and their families can get in and do some shopping. I'm not a big fan of Walmart as a company, but that was a pretty cool thing of them to do.

Can we make this a good news thread? We kinda need one.

ELLSWORTH – Boy Scout Troop 86 worked hard to save up for a spring break trip to Gettysburg and Washington, D.C., but when the trip was called off due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Scouts decided to channel their disappointment into acts of service.

The dozen or so Scouts, ranging in age from 10 to 18, are volunteering to do the shopping for individuals in need. That includes area residents, especially the elderly, who are trying to isolate at home because they are at high risk for the virus or are otherwise unable to get out and do their shopping. Troop leader Mike Springer said the troop will shop and deliver the groceries and other necessities to homes in Ellsworth, Hancock, Trenton, Lamoine and Surry. Individuals can reimburse the troop by check, credit card or cash...

My brother is a Las Vegas cop and got notified yesterday that one of the Walmart's in the city were opening their doors to all first responders for an hour after they close while they restock the store so they and their families can get in and do some shopping. I'm not a big fan of Walmart as a company, but that was a pretty cool thing of them to do.

All lip service. I'm hearing from friends in Vegas that Walmart has been the least stocked of any supermarket, but online ordering from Smiths has been much more successful.

I'm using online delivery from Ralphs here in Coronado, Ca. Next day. fantastic.

All lip service. I'm hearing from friends in Vegas that Walmart has been the least stocked of any supermarket, but online ordering from Smiths has been much more successful.

I'm using online delivery from Ralphs here in Coronado, Ca. Next day. fantastic.

My brother and his fiance had no problem getting what they needed. They even picked up a couple of things for my household

One of the local grocery stores here is opening one hour early and letting the elderly shop before opening for the public.

This is my good news thread.
According to WorldOMeters, there were 1,000 LESS new cases of the virus reported today in the U.S.
Maybe all our suffering is worth it.

Forum List

Back