Walmart fires worker over medical marijuana

In Wal-Mart's defense it is clear that such an employee would be a considerable potential liability for the company. The amount of frivolous law suits, feinged accidents, etc in the Wal-Mart environment are staggering enough without having unfortunate accidents on behalf of high associates.

......or drunk associates......

I'm sorry...did anyone ever address the question of whether he was led by his manager or other admins to think this was ok at first...only to get slammed by the corporate offices?

If it's legal in the state he lives and works in, this is disheartening. I wont go so far as to say that it's wrong...because businesses should be able to contract for some level of behavior control. You want the job, you play by their rules.

Here's my problem with the situation...if they didn't give him any notice...and let him do this for an extended period of time...how is he supposed to know that something legal is against their policies. Let's cut to the chase...I'm sure there's a drug policy...but did the policy cover medical mary jane?

I think he's got the responsibility here dont get me wrong. The moment he even considered the treatment...he should have asked for a clarification...and known the consequences.

But if his manager knew...and let him do it...that seems pretty unfair to cut him out of the blue.

I'm sure when he was hired he was required to read and sign a no-drug policy.

Medical pot is a scam.

Not if you've got sinus cancer and a painful brain tumor.
Wonder if the real reason for firing him was to avoid paying health insurance on a cancer patient?

I doubt it... odds are he was part time...

But Pot is amongst the worst thing that a cancer patient could ingest;

You sure about that?

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells ? Mol Cancer Ther

Forum List

Back