Walmart fires worker over medical marijuana

And you, if you claim to love life, should be pro life.

Just shut up... you make a fool of yourself when you speak and we laugh at you.

So just to get this straight, you're not a real conservative. You're just a christian using Conservatism to justify your forcing your religion upon others. :thup:

Now from that citation which YOU Referenced; point to the specific element wherein you culled that otherwise disembodied inference...

And naturally; where you fail to do so; which FTR: is a 100% certainty; you will be conceding TO ME, AGAIN; that you're a blithering idiot.

Best of luck on that...

Pot should be legal.

Perhaps, but the stuff they sell legally at dispensaries can be more expensive than illegal weed. If legalization would drive prices up, I'd actually prefer that it stay illegal.

I don't care what the cost is. I've never used and never will. Pot should be treated just like alcohol in it's control, distribution and taxation. We tried prohibition on alcohol and look how that turned out. When it was made illegal, a lot of gangsters got very rich and a lot of people died. Alcohol has much worse effects on society than pot, yet alocohol is legal and accepted as part of every day life. On any issue, I default to liberty and freedom. That is the true conservative stance. Make it legal, empty the prisons of users and sellers, let capitalism take over and tax the shit. If people want to waste their lives drinking or blowing doobie, that is their right.

Medical pot is a scam.

Not if you've got sinus cancer and a painful brain tumor.
Wonder if the real reason for firing him was to avoid paying health insurance on a cancer patient?
:eusa_eh: Interesting question.

Part time employees do not get health insurance. THAT is why LOTS of Corporations and companies have lots of part time employees. But then you did not bother reading the thread did you?

Pot should be legal.

Perhaps, but the stuff they sell legally at dispensaries can be more expensive than illegal weed. If legalization would drive prices up, I'd actually prefer that it stay illegal.

You are a Muslim and do weed? SO much for being a true believer. Dumb ass if you can not drink alcohol don't you think logically that applies to other substances unknown when the text was written?

And you, if you claim to love life, should be pro life.

Just shut up... you make a fool of yourself when you speak and we laugh at you.

So just to get this straight, you're not a real conservative. You're just a christian using Conservatism to justify your forcing your religion upon others. :thup:

Your IGNORANT claim that Conservatives should be for ILLEGAL drug use is HILARIOUS. But someone sure got you. If you claim to love life how do you justify being for the LEGAL MURDER of unborn babies?

Pot should be legal.

I don't care what the cost is. I've never used and never will. Pot should be treated just like alcohol in it's control, distribution and taxation. We tried prohibition on alcohol and look how that turned out. When it was made illegal, a lot of gangsters got very rich and a lot of people died. Alcohol has much worse effects on society than pot, yet alocohol is legal and accepted as part of every day life. On any issue, I default to liberty and freedom. That is the true conservative stance. Make it legal, empty the prisons of users and sellers, let capitalism take over and tax the shit. If people want to waste their lives drinking or blowing doobie, that is their right.

How about crack? Cocaine, other hard drugs and those not so hard drugs? Moron.

How about crack? Cocaine, other hard drugs and those not so hard drugs? Moron.

So, let me get this straight. As a "conservative", you are in favor of a nanny state telling you what is best for you and what you can and can not do with your own life and body. You are anti-liberty. Duly noted and filed for future reference. You are either for liberty.......or you are not. Apparently you are NOT. Moron.

Aw the old weed is better than alcohol argument. A drug, is a drug, is a drug.

Didn't say it was better. Said that if you allow people to drink alcohol legally, you should allow them to smoke pot legally. Dope smokers get mellow and either eat or fall asleep. Some drunks get violent. Which one of those crosses the line of doing harm to OTHERS?

Medical pot is a scam.

Wonder if the real reason for firing him was to avoid paying health insurance on a cancer patient?

marinol
oxycodone

the fda will never approve a drug that is delivered by the methode of smoking... which is inaccurate and quite dangerous in itself...

the whole medical marijuana movement is nothing more than a scam by drug loving junkies

What a crock...

What's next? Medicinal crack?

If you call yourself a Conservative, you should be for legalizing marijuana completely. Never mind medical marijuana.

No.. that would be the stance of an extreme libertarian or anarchist.. but nice try

I at least give you credit for acknowledging the fact that present day conservatives are decidedly NOT for small government. They just differ from liberals in where to grow government, but they both want to grow it and grow it and grow it some more.

Medical pot is a scam.

marinol
oxycodone

the fda will never approve a drug that is delivered by the methode of smoking... which is inaccurate and quite dangerous in itself...

the whole medical marijuana movement is nothing more than a scam by drug loving junkies

I don't much care one way or the other. I suspect it legitimately helps some and it's abused by many.

However - the guy is dying. If it helps him, and has been tolerated by Walmart all this time and hasn't caused a loss of performance - why the hell not?

Narcotics and similar drugs have their own side effects that can be significant. He might already be taking them as well.

What a crock...

What's next? Medicinal crack?

If you call yourself a Conservative, you should be for legalizing marijuana completely. Never mind medical marijuana.

No.. that would be the stance of an extreme libertarian or anarchist.. but nice try

So define "conservative" for us please. Because where I stand, conservatism in it's purest form is libertarian in nature. If you are for the government acting as a nanny state to tell you what you can and can not do with your body, you are no different from the liberals who want to limit the kinds of fat a restaurant can cook with because it is "bad" for you. For a moment, put your own personal feelings or religious beliefs aside and think purely political. Do you want personal liberty and freedom or government intervention. If a government can tell you that you can't smoke a plant, why can't they tell you that you can't worship in a church or wear blue shirts? None of those things does harm to anyone but possibly the person doing it and the government's job is not to save us from ourselves, but to ensure that we can engage in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Last edited:

I at least give you credit for acknowledging the fact that present day conservatives are decidedly NOT for small government. They just differ from liberals in where to grow government, but they both want to grow it and grow it and grow it some more.

No.. I think this is not inherently an argument for smaller governmental scope... this is a law and legality issue, not an issue of more government agencies, entitlements, projects, etc...

Where those who walk the line towards an anarchist view wish government to have no structure OR say over anything pertaining to the person... a Conservative view still embraces the rule of law even if it is a law against the actions of a person

I think I may need more coffee to expand on that better... hahah :)

So define "conservative" for us please. Because where I stand, conservatism in it's purest form is libertarian in nature. If you are for the government acting as a nanny state to tell you what you can and can not do with your body, you are no different from the liberals who want to limit the kinds of fat a restaurant can cook with because it is "bad" for you. For a moment, put your own personal feelings or religious beliefs aside and think purely political. Do you want personal liberty and freedom or government intervention. If a government can tell you that you can't smoke a plant, why can't they tell you that you can't worship in a church or wear blue shirts? None of those things does harm to anyone but possibly the person doing it and the government's job is not to save us from ourselves, but to ensure that we can engage in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

No.. because you can have an authoritarian leaning conservative or a libertarian leaning conservative... libertarianism is not inherent by nature to conservatism

As stated.. being a conservative is not being against the government having and enforcing the rules of law

Medical pot is a scam.

marinol
oxycodone

There are machines that filter out the bad stuff from smoking it, nso that's not an issue. Plus you can eat it

Forum List

Back