Wal-Mart commercial used the word "Christmas"!

Omg, the protestors will be there fast!
Has there ever been a protest because any store or business used the term Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays? There have been lots of bible thumpers whining for using the term Happy Holidays, but I don't know of any the other way around. If you know of any, please let me know.

There have been lots of bible thumpers whining for using the term Happy Holidays, but I don't know of any the other way around.
Sure you don't have that backwards?

Has there ever been a protest because any store or business used the term Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays? There have been lots of bible thumpers whining for using the term Happy Holidays, but I don't know of any the other way around. If you know of any, please let me know.

There have been lots of bible thumpers whining for using the term Happy Holidays, but I don't know of any the other way around.

Pretty sure. I can't find a single example of anyone protesting over the use of the term Merry Christmas. There have been a few protests from people who thought their religious beliefs should be included as well, but none against Christmas. If you know of any, or even one, please let me know.

Pretty sure. I can't find a single example of anyone protesting over the use of the term Merry Christmas. There have been a few protests from people who thought their religious beliefs should be included as well, but none against Christmas. If you know of any, or even one, please let me know.

USATODAY.com - Christians protest actions that play down Christmas' religious nature

Cool. I hate using my local Wal Mart. Its the only damn Super Wal Mart I know of that has 1 entrance and exit and no garden center,automotive center etc AND its only 3 years old! I prefer K-Mart here....But still nice to know this.

USATODAY.com - Christians protest actions that play down Christmas' religious nature

Yes, that was my original claim. See post# 30

Has there ever been a protest because any store or business used the term Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays?

Yes, there have.

Quite a few

Has there ever been a protest because any store or business used the term Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays?

Yes, there have.

Quite a few

I keep hearing that, but still no link or other proof. Why is that?

It's great to see a major retailer unconcerned about political correctness or offending somebody. Every other ad I've seen all using the word "holiday".
Kudos to wally world. They will get my Christmas dollars this year.

If You are offended by "holiday " then you are the PC thug .

Next week is Thanksgiving, timmy...

do you have your 'Holiday tree' set up and decorated ?

Well Wally Mart sure has the stuff Christmas is made of, on sale, out since the last Holiday, or shopping cycle.

It's great to see a major retailer unconcerned about political correctness or offending somebody. Every other ad I've seen all using the word "holiday".
Kudos to wally world. They will get my Christmas dollars this year.

If You are offended by "holiday " then you are the PC thug .

Next week is Thanksgiving, timmy...

do you have your 'Holiday tree' set up and decorated ?

Well Wally Mart sure has the stuff Christmas is made of, on sale, out since the last Holiday, or shopping cycle.
And made in Jina.

I have to say, another reason to not shop walmart ..... SWEET

Just look at the discussion about Holiday Trees vs Christmas trees.

athiests go to war when they are called Christmas trees, the religious go to war when it's called a Holiday tree.

At Walmart, we have the True Christmas Spirit!

We Want Your Money.

So come on down and we'll all celebrate Christmas together, with our new layaway plan.......

(Stolen from Honest John's in Tulsa. RIP Leon Russell)

It's a free market. Walmart noticed the US's largest organized boycott in its history (LGBG Target BS-backlash), election 2016, (its twin), and it hedged its bets on getting customers through its doors: talk more about Christianity....decency...morality.. It is a Christmas tree. What, do you want laws passed that menorahs can only be called "Holiday candelabras"? Must a creche be called "people & animals loitering around a barn"?

Walmart has figured out how to get some of the business Target is hemorrhaging.. Good business sense really.

Forum List

Back