Wait, the entire Baltimore Police Department is corrupt?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
That is the claim of the Attorney for Detective Marcus Taylor. Detective Taylor is part of the elite gun sweep task force that is facing Federal Rackteering, fraud, theft, and a number of other crimes.

One of the arguments against continued detention of Detective Marcus Taylor is that the entire Baltimore Police Department is corrupt. But I thought it was a few bad apples man.

http://afro.com/curious-defense-detective-marcus-taylor/

New allegations made in federal racketeering case against Baltimore police officers

Federal grand jury indicts Baltimore police officers on additional robbery charges

Now, defenders of the police who claim the cops are unfairly targeted can't seem to make up their minds. They argue that Baltimore is a problem with corrupt police because the Democrats are in charge. Then they argue that the cops are hamstrung and can't do a good job catching baddies because the Democrats target them for just doing their jobs, see Freddie Gray for that one.

But how do you explain how for the second time recently an entire "elite" squad of police are all busted? I mean, what are the odds that all the corrupt cops in the department would just gravitate to that single group? It was not even a month ago when the similar group of cops in Troy New York were all suspended for much the same sort of thing.

Troy Drug and Guns unit suspended and investigated.

I can hear it now. Those cops may be bad. But the rest of the cops aren't. Then how does claiming that the entire Baltimore Police Department is corrupt help Detective Marcus Taylor?

If anything, it proves an assertion of mine. You can not have just one bad cop. There are always others who cover up for the bad cop. One wonders how many "good" cops there really are in the Baltimore Police Department?

Forum List

Back