Waffle House Employee Is The Only Cook Prepping Orders For 12 Customers In A Film That Has Gone Viral.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the story.

My city has two Waffle House locations. One closed up at one point because of the pandemic. It did eventually reopen at some point. I know that Waffle House is supposed to be a place that stays open 24-7-365, but in my opinion, if these places have become that badly short-handed, the hours need to be changed until enough workers are finally in the picture, especially if the managers/supervisors have no intention of trying to fill in how ever they can.

God bless you and those who take the harder hit when short-handed always!!!

Holly

^^^ What do cooks currently get? I know that waiters and waitresses don't get much an hour.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Go here for the story.

My city has two Waffle House locations. One closed up at one point because of the pandemic. It did eventually reopen at some point. I know that Waffle House is supposed to be a place that stays open 24-7-365, but in my opinion, if these places have become that badly short-handed, the hours need to be changed until enough workers are finally in the picture, especially if the managers/supervisors have no intention of trying to fill in how ever they can.

Holly

Having worked in the restaurant industry in college, I can tell you that a cook having 12 open dupes is not that big of a deal. Cooking is very hard work, and cooking during a rush is brutal, but it happens in that business all the time.

The interesting commentary here is from people who probably have ZERO understanding of what working in a fast-paced, production-oriented job, for less than stellar pay, is like. Those folks are very privileged.

Go here for the story.

Holly
The trend will be Drive-Thrus and delivery. You only need 4 employees for the lunch rush at Wendys with drive thru only

In all probability the owner and manager are saying " one person can handle it" and sitting back.

The comments that were posted on the video are very telling....a bunch of entitled idiots....some encouraging the videographer to walk out....really? The lady busting her ass wants work, she needs customers to make money....it's amazing how idiotic some of those comments were

The comments that were posted on the video are very telling....a bunch of entitled idiots....some encouraging the videographer to walk out....really? The lady busting her ass wants work, she needs customers to make money....it's amazing how idiotic some of those comments were

People making those comments don't have to work for anything. In the restaurant industry, busy is good. It means you have a job and the boss wants you there. When it's slow, guess who's the first one fired?

Having worked in the restaurant industry in college, I can tell you that a cook having 12 open dupes is not that big of a deal. Cooking is very hard work, and cooking during a rush is brutal, but it happens in that business all the time.

The interesting commentary here is from people who probably have ZERO understanding of what working in a fast-paced, production-oriented job, for less than stellar pay, is like. Those folks are very privileged.
Yep! I worked as a busboy-dishwasher for a few months and then as a short-order cook at the same joint for an additional year while in college. The pace can be very brutal, especially when one is tossed into the mix alone and after only a month's training. Talk about multitasking! One either figures it out or one doesn't. I eventually got pretty good, but those first few months were the hardest I ever worked.

Last edited:
People making those comments don't have to work for anything. In the restaurant industry, busy is good. It means you have a job and the boss wants you there. When it's slow, guess who's the first one fired?
bunch of entitled demafacist

Forum List

Back