VP Debate-If we learned nothing else....

Why are you only asking for math from Romney/Ryan? If Barry has your vote locked you should be able to counter the Ryan plan with the math from the 0bama plan...

Whatcha got?

Booooooooooosh!

I thought he'd have the 0bama plan math figures right away, since he was asking for the Romney plan math figures...

That's odd...:confused:

Well, let's hope he comes up with something that shows us how this "0bama math" conmvinced him to vote for the man...

He must still be looking. Nobody told him that they were nothing more than urban myths. :eusa_whistle:

AGAIN.....you show nothing but faux outrage. AGAIN..... disengenuous

Show me the math then. If my outrage as you call it is faux, show me how it works. Show everyone how it works, since neither Romney nor Ryan are able to do so....

Why are you only asking for math from Romney/Ryan? If Barry has your vote locked you should be able to counter the Ryan plan with the math from the 0bama plan...

Whatcha got?

Because....we already have Hope & Change with no plan and/or math. Why the hell would we kick that out and start all over with two more idiots who have no plan and/or math, and who also by the way are willing to cut funding for everything EXCEPT our already bloated (MY opinion only here) miltary/defense budget?

Show me the math then. If my outrage as you call it is faux, show me how it works. Show everyone how it works, since neither Romney nor Ryan are able to do so....

Whatcha got?

Because....we already have Hope & Change with no plan and/or math. Why the hell would we kick that out and start all over with two more idiots who have no plan and/or math, and who also by the way are willing to cut funding for everything EXCEPT our already bloated (MY opinion only here) miltary/defense budget?

IOW, you want to keep what we all know is broken / fucked-up and want to see 1200 pages of detail on the other guy's plan... The Romney high level plan sounds better than the hope and change for another 4 years....

Have another koolaid....

Both Romney and Ryan explained that by decreasing Tax Rates and increasing the tax base through economic growth will increase revenues. The fact that having this explained to you in two debates and multiple times on the message board shows you are either having a very difficult time with this concept or you are completely lying. Either way, the problem isnt with Romney nor Ryan, but with you.

the fact that it's failed every time doesn't teach you anything?

if it works so well...why did bush leave us with an almost total collapse of our economy?

Romney answered the question well.

As the economy grows there are more jobs. When there are more jobs there are more people paying taxes.

Therefore you can lower tax rates with the government collecting more taxes.

This was proven via Reagan.

Both Romney and Ryan explained that by decreasing Tax Rates and increasing the tax base through economic growth will increase revenues. The fact that having this explained to you in two debates and multiple times on the message board shows you are either having a very difficult time with this concept or you are completely lying. Either way, the problem isnt with Romney nor Ryan, but with you.

if it works so well...why did bush leave us with an almost total collapse of our economy?

He didn't.

The highest the unemployment rate was 7.7% under Pres Bush.

Obama brought it to double digits.

I personally think president has done his best to improve recovery in last two years and you have seen some job growth. The promblem is he was too slow in first two years to deal with unemployment and i think spent to long fighting with conservatives over the health care bill.

I want president to win but i think if he loses he look back to what he could have done differently in the first two years of his term.

Their pipe dream is great and if it makes you feel better, good for you. Show me the math. Show me JUST HOW good the economy will have to be in order to pay for the 20% across the board tax rate cut. How long will it take to get the economy that good? Show us all the math with timelines. That is all we are asking for and have been for months now.

Pipe dream? It's common sense. It works. It's worked in the past. It will work in the future.

You want me to predict the future for you? If I could do that, i'd be sitting in my indoor swimming pool right now.

And btw you don't have to pay for tax cuts. They aren't a cost of government.

We have had decreased tax rates for the last 12 years. Where are the increased revenues? Where are the jobs? All I hear is some drivel about a 5 point plan that they will tell us about once they are elected.

And we have been taking in more revenue than we were during the Clinton recession in 2001 when these tax cuts were passed. We had strong economic growth for 6 years despite hardships of 9/11 and the recession after those tax cuts.

If you want to see even more revenues, cut taxes, cut spending, cut regulation and let our people grow.

Because the government threatened banks and told them they had to give loans to people that normally wouldn't qualify for them on the merits and then rather than fight the government, the banks found a way to pass the buck to someone else.

The systemic risk in our banking system is completely unrelated to the fact that Cutting taxes and increasing the tax base produces economic growth which then increases revenues.

Why exactly are you so eager to have the Federal Government take 1/3 of your income?

I personally think president has done his best to improve recovery in last two years and you have seen some job growth. The promblem is he was too slow in first two years to deal with unemployment and i think spent to long fighting with conservatives over the health care bill.

I want president to win but i think if he loses he look back to what he could have done differently in the first two years of his term.

I have no doubt the President has done his best as well. The problem is his best is making our economy worse. And there is no way around that because the policies he supports are always going to do that.

I have no doubt the President has done his best as well. The problem is his best is making our economy worse. And there is no way around that because the policies he supports are always going to do that.
Well i am not to sure i agree with you his policies are all wrong. i understand though it can come to left vs right argument of either big goverment and high taxes or smaller goverment with more cuts. It that balancing act that neither side never seems to achieve. Their never seem to be middle between the two in any western country. either too much debt or too much cuts

"VP Debate if we learned nothing else", we learned that hacks gonna be hacks, regardless of the facts.

You can attack the messenger all you want, but the FACT remains that neither Romney nor Ryan have any clue as to how they will pay for a 20% across the board tax rate cut. IF they did, we would all know by now. And so far, NONE of you do.

Ryan was asked directly in the debate how he would pay/handle the 20%. he didnt even try to answer it. Yeah they have a five point plan, but you have to elect them to see it.

there is no faux rage because there is nothing to actually rage over.

the saddest moment in the debate was when Ryan was directly asked a few key questions and he just avoided it.

He went with you have to read it after we pass it line, or have faith in us. His five point plan lacked any real meat to it.

You could tell in his closing argument that he didnt care about the dodge, just stay on point, and it sort of worked. He looked strong in that sense. As if he knew people would forget what happened not a half hour ago.

Sadly this is what our culture has become. 30 minutes ago is now 5 years ago.

Naw, that belongs forever to Pelosi.

Romney and Ryan want to work WITH the Democrats to determine what loopholes to cut... not dictate to them, like the Democrats did in ramming Obamacare down our throats.

Nah they have nothing, You want to work with people, then show us. You know damn well they could have listed Democrat favored loopholes to cut, and they didnt even bother.

Im not buying your excuse, its sad anyone else would.

Ah that belongs with Pelosi then are you better off than you are four years ago stays with Reagan.
Never want to own up when its your guy.

Last edited:
You can attack the messenger all you want, but the FACT remains that neither Romney nor Ryan have any clue as to how they will pay for a 20% across the board tax rate cut. IF they did, we would all know by now. And so far, NONE of you do.

Ryan was asked directly in the debate how he would pay/handle the 20%. he didnt even try to answer it. Yeah they have a five point plan, but you have to elect them to see it.

there is no faux rage because there is nothing to actually rage over.
That is very good point but biden would be more effective in attacking him on that without talking over ryan. It just allowed the likes of romney team to distract from what ryan policies are onto biden behavior.

"VP Debate if we learned nothing else", we learned that hacks gonna be hacks, regardless of the facts.

You might not know.... but I do. Don't assume the rest of us are too stupid to do our homework just because the dog ate yours.

oh great this crap again.

He didn't.

by doing what exactly? How does the President control these numbers?

He didn't.

To be fair any president would have struggled to bring unemployment down by huge numbers in first two years. most countries including my own in uk have gone down a cutting agenda and that not helped bring unemployment down either.

but it fair to say he did not do enough in first two years to create jobs and that could in end cost him the election.

He didn't.

Through his policies.....not job killing policies.

He didn't.

Through his policies.....not job killing policies.
Well to be fair most leaders across western world struggled to create jobs. In england we have conservative prime minster but job growth been very slow despite loads of cuts and lower taxes.

so no easy cure.

Forum List

Back