Voter ID blankets the old South

A third of voters in the state without photo ID are African-American.

Since there is no way to ever get the majority of these targeted people to vote Republican...they must do what they can to deny them the right to vote at all...

Voter ID blankets the old South - CBS News
Since republicans won't do anything worth voting for, all they have left is to suppress as many votes for democrats as they can.

That's what voter ID was all about in the first place..................voter suppression!

More nonsense. To my knowledge ANYBODY can go to their local sheriff's office and get a photo ID at no cost. If parents can get photo IDs and fingerprint cards as a means of protecting/identifying their children than so can adults.

The ONLY VOTE THAT ANYONE WANTS TO SUPPRESS IS THAT OF ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO VOTE IN THIS COUNTRY'S ELECTIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

As far as I'm concerned photo IDs don't go far enough - they're way too easy to falsify. Treachery in the voting booth has reached the point where we need to get fingerprints as well. Hell, the government's going after everything else - why not everybody's fingerprints as well. At least, if someone is murdered and dumped in an alley they could be identified relatively quickly. I know, I know - there may be bodies found 20 years after the fact so don't even go there. Let's just stick to the need of having IDs.

If getting an alternative ID is not onerous and does not constitute an unusual obstacle to the obtaining of one, the courts will not overrule the law.

This is nothing less than CBS (part of our lovely Democrat broadcasting system) spreading more lies to support the increase in racial divisiveness across the nation. Simple logic says we have an obligation to ensure fairness in our elections and to make it more difficult for fraudulent votes being cast by dead people, nonexistent people and people that have already voted legally one time in any one election.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

If getting an alternative ID is not onerous and does not constitute an unusual obstacle to the obtaining of one, the courts will not overrule the law.

Give them incentives and handouts and see how fast they obtain ID's.

Give them free voter IDs. Hell, I'll pitch in to help pay the costs. The suppression of legal votes is not the driving force behind those in favor of voter ID. That is simply bullshit invented by the left...who would likely champion a cause to have our pets and livestock be able to vote. (If the Chic-Fil-A cows can paint signs, they can pull a lever)

Last edited:
As long as getting the IDs are free and the task is not onerous, then no problem.

If the ID costs, then it is a poll tax.

If getting it is onerous, then it is designed to suppress voters from exercising their rights.

And, yes, the butt heads on the far left and the far right are making mountains out of what should be nothing.

The slave states are at it again. You'd think they'd get their Goober-state jollies off by their love of college football, where the pay of the black athletes is more to their liking.

This is nothing less than CBS (part of our lovely Democrat broadcasting system) spreading more lies to support the increase in racial divisiveness across the nation. Simple logic says we have an obligation to ensure fairness in our elections and to make it more difficult for fraudulent votes being cast by dead people, nonexistent people and people that have already voted legally one time in any one election.

Simple fairness, right? Many African Americans in South Carolina are dirt poor but refuse handouts, and many elderly African Americans there were born at home and don't have the required birth certificate because they weren't born in a hospital. Someone else raised the question of how they are managing to get their welfare. The fact that that person made the assumption that these people are actually on welfare is about as racist a comment as I've seen all year. The fact of the matter is that 1/3 of all African Americans in South Carolina don't have an ID, most of them Democrat, so you cannot tell me that the Republican held State house and their Governor is not targeting them specifically to disenfranchise them of their right to vote. And you folks thought the civil rights struggle in this country was over. Think again. Oh, by the way, the number of fraudulent votes cast in South Carolina last year? One. If this isn't a fix looking for a problem, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Simple fairness, right? Many African Americans in South Carolina are dirt poor but refuse handouts, and many elderly African Americans there were born at home and don't have the required birth certificate because they weren't born in a hospital. Someone else raised the question of how they are managing to get their welfare. The fact that that person made the assumption that these people are actually on welfare is about as racist a comment as I've seen all year. The fact of the matter is that 1/3 of all African Americans in South Carolina don't have an ID, most of them Democrat, so you cannot tell me that the Republican held State house and their Governor is not targeting them specifically to disenfranchise them of their right to vote. And you folks thought the civil rights struggle in this country was over. Think again. Oh, by the way, the number of fraudulent votes cast in South Carolina last year? One. If this isn't a fix looking for a problem, I don't know what is.
Voter ID: State Requirements
From the State Election Commission's web site:
If you have a reasonable impediment to obtaining Photo ID, you may vote a provisional ballot after showing your non-photo voter registration card. A reasonable impediment is any valid reason, beyond your control, which created an obstacle to obtaining Photo ID. Some examples include:
Religious objection to being photographed
Disability or illness
Work schedule
Lack of transportation
Lack of birth certificate
Family responsibilities
Election within short time frame of implementation of Photo ID law (January 1, 2013)
Any other obstacle you find reasonable
To vote under the reasonable impediment exception:
Present your current, non-photo registration card at the polling place
Sign an affidavit stating why you could not obtain a Photo ID
Cast a provisional ballot that will be counted unless the county election commission has reason to believe your affidavit is false.
If you do NOT have Photo ID and do NOT have a reasonable impediment to obtaining one, or you simply forgot to bring it with you to the polls, you may still vote a provisional ballot. However, for your vote to be counted, you must provide one of the Photo IDs to the county election commission prior to certification of the election (usually Thursday or Friday after the election).​

So, it looks like your objections are groundless.

Since there is no way to ever get the majority of these targeted people to vote Republican...they must do what they can to deny them the right to vote at all...

Since republicans won't do anything worth voting for, all they have left is to suppress as many votes for democrats as they can.

That's what voter ID was all about in the first place..................voter suppression!

The New South is gravely concerned about the potential for voter fraud and is taking steps; including, guaranteeing that every US Citizen who is over 18 and that is not a felon has a voter ID card.... Hardly analogous to Jim Crow Laws.

As has been pointed out so many times you need a photo I.D. to.
Write a check
Get credit card
Open a bank account
Apply for a loan
Draw unemployment
Get a social security card
Apply for food stamps or any form of government assistance
You need a photo I.D. for these and many other things not listed if anyone wants to add something to the list feel free but give me a break about a needing a photo I.D. to vote as being a unfair burden given how many things you need one for already.

....and the dems ie irs scandal don't do anything to suppress the white vote

Lol, i live in south carolina and i didn't know driving new cars and wearing desighner clothes was considered dirt poor. Yes they do live in shacks, but if you can afford the ofher then thats a choice. Quit spewing fhe liberal talking point lies.

That is a false statement. Only 5 percent do not have an ID and only a third of that comprise blacks. That means roughly around 7% of blacks don’t have an ID – WAY less than your 1/3 figure.

Further, you are blindly guessing that most of them are democrats as 2/3 are NOT black and you have shown nothing to establish that they are majority democrat supporters. That is assumed by you. Your entire point here is based on a completely false premise.

Forum List

Back