"Violence is the language of the unheard"

but the actions he engages in are and if they are driven by ego over what is good for the country, that is problematic.

I will agree if that is indeed proven to be the case. But as of now, there isn't any evidence to prove his ego drove him to spur this atrocity.
Where have you been?

I will have to teach you the art of gif on this board one day.

Also, I have been... away. From this, from the rancor that I saw unfold today.

If you are trying to insult me, get on with it, and go.
I wish you or somebody would.

Of course. Press Ctrl+P and click the links icon, paste the gif image text in the box.

but the actions he engages in are and if they are driven by ego over what is good for the country, that is problematic.

I will agree if that is indeed proven to be the case. But as of now, there isn't any evidence to prove his ego drove him to spur this atrocity.
Where have you been?

Of course. Press Ctrl+P and click the links icon, paste the gif image text in the box.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
tenor[1].gif

Where have you been?

Thanks. I'll give it a try.View attachment 438454

You got it!

Where have you been?

I'll be darned.

If you support what happened today...you were a hypocrite when you were upset that thugs were storming the Wal*Marts during the summer.

How many images of peoples’ livelihoods, cities, and communities did we see get burned and destroyed over the summer? The justification from the Left was: “ They have insurance.” What were you saying about Hypocrisy?

Where have you been?

I'll be darned.
You wouldn't believe how many time I tried to follow your instructions and hitting preview til I did it right. Thanks.

Where have you been?

I'll be darned.
You wouldn't believe how many time I tried to follow your instructions and hitting preview til I did it right. Thanks.
Glad I could be of help. :)

That's problematic. What's "the Establishment" exactly? And who is "us"? Should everyone with a political grievance resort to violence?

I do not think they should take you seriously because you will use violence - as in give in to your demands if that is what it is. But I think there are angry, hurting people on all sides...and I think there is a lot of inflammatory disinformation out there driving things as well. Our elected officials and two oversized parties need to take it seriously.

The Establishment are the Republicans and Democrats in the House and Senate who felt entitled to rule over "us," the rightwing conservatives who agree with (and some of whom actually did it) taking back the Capitol from these types for the people.

I think we have been despised heretofore because we're so "nice," and nonviolent. Note that when the blacks ran around burning and looting, everyone fell over themselves trying to give them everything they might want, including brainwashing sessions for employed people in which whites had to kiss black feet and apologize profusely; I don't know what for. This is all appeasement and it only provokes more violence, as we saw yesterday. We want some appeasement, too, if that's all that's going around.

So I do think that before yesterday no one took us seriously; now that our potential has become obvious, that may well change, and high time.

It might be. But uncalled for violence is still wrong.

I have every right to justify the violence I saw with those words spoken by Martin Luther King, but at least I know the context behind them, I read the lecture in which that quote was made. He was urging nonviolence, but also acknowledging the pain of those committing violence. He knew the difference and pointed it out. He never intended for his words to be used as an excuse to commit atrocious behavior.

I won't be using one of the most influential figures in American history to justify this behavior. And some of you shouldn't either. I don't care what it is you feel. If your feelings lead you to commit violence and destruction, you are a victim of passion and ignorance. You have succumbed to the basest tendencies of humankind.

God gave you a brain. Use it. We claim to be the most intelligent species walking the face of this earth, but we seem to be prone to base instincts and colossal acts of stupidity. Like riots and storming our nation's seat of power.

However, for those of you on your high horse today condemning the violence in the capitol, please do me a favor and swiftly dismount. For six months we watched as rioters burned down businesses and engaged in high acts of violence against men and peacekeepers alike, but you remained silent. You said nothing. You tried to justify the behavior by understanding their feelings and motivations.

You sat idly by. In my book, silence is complicity. I will tell you straight up that what these people did in DC today was unacceptable. I laud the peaceful protests and condemn the violence. But for those of you who did not condemn the riots engaged in by Antifa and BLM, you have no right to condemn anyone for the same behavior you sat by and watched. Until you do, you are a hypocrite. You are employing a double standard.

At least I am smart enough to condemn violence of any kind, committed by anyone, not just by people I disagree with.

In short, get off my lawn. Cut your own damn grass first.
I don't know anyone on the board said the riots even in Portland were a good thing. I'm not sure anyone complained when federal cops protected federal property. But we do live by federalism and states run amock. It is supposed to take a constitutional violation, like not letting blacks vote or buy homes, to get the feds involved.

But there's no analogy between a riot in the streets and taking over the US capital to overturn an election that the Courts have found was legal.

I have every right to justify the violence I saw with those words spoken by Martin Luther King, but at least I know the context behind them, I read the lecture in which that quote was made. He was urging nonviolence, but also acknowledging the pain of those committing violence. He knew the difference and pointed it out. He never intended for his words to be used as an excuse to commit atrocious behavior.

I won't be using one of the most influential figures in American history to justify this behavior. And some of you shouldn't either. I don't care what it is you feel. If your feelings lead you to commit violence and destruction, you are a victim of passion and ignorance. You have succumbed to the basest tendencies of humankind.

God gave you a brain. Use it. We claim to be the most intelligent species walking the face of this earth, but we seem to be prone to base instincts and colossal acts of stupidity. Like riots and storming our nation's seat of power.

However, for those of you on your high horse today condemning the violence in the capitol, please do me a favor and swiftly dismount. For six months we watched as rioters burned down businesses and engaged in high acts of violence against men and peacekeepers alike, but you remained silent. You said nothing. You tried to justify the behavior by understanding their feelings and motivations.

You sat idly by. In my book, silence is complicity. I will tell you straight up that what these people did in DC today was unacceptable. I laud the peaceful protests and condemn the violence. But for those of you who did not condemn the riots engaged in by Antifa and BLM, you have no right to condemn anyone for the same behavior you sat by and watched. Until you do, you are a hypocrite. You are employing a double standard.

At least I am smart enough to condemn violence of any kind, committed by anyone, not just by people I disagree with.

I don't know anyone on the board said the riots even in Portland were a good thing. I'm not sure anyone complained when federal cops protected federal property. But we do live by federalism and states run amock. It is supposed to take a constitutional violation, like not letting blacks vote or buy homes, to get the feds involved.

But there's no analogy between a riot in the streets and taking over the US capital to overturn an election that the Courts have found was legal.

Exactly. People differentiated between violent riots and peaceful protests.

Violence is the last desperate option for betrayed, oppressed, cheated people who are denied a voice and justice...if Democrats think that calling them terrorists and protesting Democrat treason and crimes will allow them to go on doing it IMO they are mistaken. This may very well have been a 'warning' on behalf of millions of Americans who believe the left cheated in the election, have seen nothing done about it, and are tired of it.

I don't know anyone on the board said the riots even in Portland were a good thing. I'm not sure anyone complained when federal cops protected federal property.
Open your eyes. I watched on this board as snowflakes railed about 'unacceptable federal intervention' in defense of thugs and would be leftist murderers as they barricaded federal officers / police in the buildings they were protecting and attempted to burn them alive.

Several have argued that an unarmed woman being murdered by being shot in the chest for trespassing, breaking, and entering was completely justifiable yet were the same people who argued that a man walking towards an officer with a machete, refusing to drop it, and being shot was the policeman's fault.

...please.

Exactly. People differentiated between violent riots and peaceful protests.
I'd be ok with an analogy between Charlottesville and the Minnesotta riot or something. It's one thing to be pissed off about what people perceive is some unfairness. But it is something else when they attempt to take over the govt with violence. The Founders never approved of that, and the historical proof is that G. Washington himself, personally led troops to put down an insurrection that refused to accept a federal tax on whiskey. And there was not, and is not, any legal right for part of the country to seceed. People have a right to getting elections to happen when scheduled, and to ACCEPT the result after legal challenges have been decided. No one's rights were denied until Trump incited an insurrection.

Both were attempts to influence the function of government through aggressive means, whether be it State or Federal. I respectfully disagree.

I'd be ok with an analogy between Charlottesville and the Minnesota riot or something. It's one thing to be pissed off about what people perceive as some unfairness. But it is something else when they attempt to take over the govt with violence.

You must forgive me if I fail to see any difference between the two.

Both the riots and the storming of the capitol were because of perceived unfairness and mistreatment by the government.

And what of all the autonomous zones these kids set up? Occupying police precincts and laying siege to courthouses? I honestly see no difference!

That is just as bad as what we saw yesterday. It is unforgivable. With that being said, however, we must also (in addition to remedying the cause) understand what caused all of this to begin with. If we don't make an effort to understand, these kinds of events will continue to take place.

Ignorance of the people's will is one cause I know for sure.

Last edited:
People have a right to getting elections to happen when scheduled, and to ACCEPT the result after legal challenges have been decided. No one's rights were denied until Trump incited an insurrection.

1) People have a right to prompt elections.

Yes, they do. But that is beside the point.

2) People must accept the result after legal challenges are resolved.

In this case, the challenges were simply tossed aside, dismissed, or completely ignored. Ergo, they were not resolved. The evidence is there, but the people charged with disseminating and determining the veracity of the evidence are unwilling to do what needs to be done. Unwilling to listen.

The point? People have obligations, and so does the government. What happens when people fulfill their obligation, but not the government? You get this. It happens in every democracy on Earth. When the government fails to respond to the will of the governed, the governed will take steps to influence government, either through legitimate processes or through more aggressive and less legal means.

3) No one's rights were denied until Trump incited an insurrection.

Yes and no. The right to a fair election was denied, yes. Was this an insurrection? No. Hardly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back