"Violence is the language of the unheard"

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
It might be. But uncalled for violence is still wrong.

I have every right to justify the violence I saw with those words spoken by Martin Luther King, but at least I know the context behind them, I read the lecture in which that quote was made. He was urging nonviolence, but also acknowledging the pain of those committing violence. He knew the difference and pointed it out. He never intended for his words to be used as an excuse to commit atrocious behavior.

I won't be using one of the most influential figures in American history to justify this behavior. And some of you shouldn't either. I don't care what it is you feel. If your feelings lead you to commit violence and destruction, you are a victim of passion and ignorance. You have succumbed to the basest tendencies of humankind.

God gave you a brain. Use it. We claim to be the most intelligent species walking the face of this earth, but we seem to be prone to base instincts and colossal acts of stupidity. Like riots and storming our nation's seat of power.

However, for those of you on your high horse today condemning the violence in the capitol, please do me a favor and swiftly dismount. For six months we watched as rioters burned down businesses and engaged in high acts of violence against men and peacekeepers alike, but you remained silent. You said nothing. You tried to justify the behavior by understanding their feelings and motivations.

You sat idly by. In my book, silence is complicity. I will tell you straight up that what these people did in DC today was unacceptable. I laud the peaceful protests and condemn the violence. But for those of you who did not condemn the riots engaged in by Antifa and BLM, you have no right to condemn anyone for the same behavior you sat by and watched. Until you do, you are a hypocrite. You are employing a double standard.

At least I am smart enough to condemn violence of any kind, committed by anyone, not just by people I disagree with.

In short, get off my lawn. Cut your own damn grass first.

I have every right to justify the violence I saw with those words spoken by Martin Luther King, but at least I know the context behind them, I read the lecture in which that quote was made. He was urging nonviolence, but also acknowledging the pain of those committing violence. He knew the difference and pointed it out. He never intended for his words to be used as an excuse to commit atrocious behavior.

I won't be using one of the most influential figures in American history to justify this behavior. And some of you shouldn't either. I don't care what it is you feel. If your feelings lead you to commit violence and destruction, you are a victim of passion and ignorance. You have succumbed to the basest tendencies of humankind.

God gave you a brain. Use it. We claim to be the most intelligent species walking the face of this earth, but we seem to be prone to base instincts and colossal acts of stupidity. Like riots and storming our nation's seat of power.

However, for those of you on your high horse today condemning the violence in the capitol, please do me a favor and swiftly dismount. For six months we watched as rioters burned down businesses and engaged in high acts of violence against men and peacekeepers alike, but you remained silent. You said nothing. You tried to justify the behavior by understanding their feelings and motivations.

You sat idly by. In my book, silence is complicity. I will tell you straight up that what these people did in DC today was unacceptable. I laud the peaceful protests and condemn the violence. But for those of you who did not condemn the riots engaged in by Antifa and BLM, you have no right to condemn anyone for the same behavior you sat by and watched. Until you do, you are a hypocrite. You are employing a double standard.

At least I am smart enough to condemn violence of any kind, committed by anyone, not just by people I disagree with.

Not the language of the unheard, but the language of the ignorant and lawless.

We have been taught not to give a shit.

Nobody said a goddamn word for the entire year.

This was a mostly peaceful protest and anyone hurt or killed and it was murdered. I want executions for those murders.

I will not say one more goddamn word to anyone who is being violent.

Uncalled for violence is wrong indeed. The cop was wrong to murder an unarmed woman.

As for conquering our capitol building, that was warranted. Silence would itself have been violence and rape of America in this case. It was unreasonably reasonable.

The President told them to be peaceful and to go home. All he wanted was a big beautiful rally to draw attention to him. But, like with his lawyers, he's scraping the bottom of the barrel with his followers. Those lowlifes made Donald look about as bad as could be possible.

Lie down with the dogs...

If you support what happened today...you were a hypocrite when you were upset that thugs were storming the Wal*Marts during the summer.

The President told them to be peaceful and to go home. All he wanted was a big beautiful rally to draw attention to him. But, like with his lawyers, he's scraping the bottom of the barrel with his followers. Those lowlifes made Donald look about as bad as could be possible.

He played with fire. You can't play with people's emotions like that, and not expect this out come. He's been building it up for months.

I don't necessarily think so. I do think that when a situation reaches a point of violence, it's a wake up call. These things don't happen in a vacuum.

No matter Seattle or D.C. what has been happening is wrong and it is time for us adults say no more!

I will always support our right to protest, but it stops short of violence.
youre past comments on this forum says different,,,

Link.
youve done nothing but defend the riots over the last yr,,,

now go ahead and delete my comments,,,,

Link.

He played with fire. You can't play with people's emotions like that, and not expect this outcome. He's been building it up for months.

With all due respect, Coyote, don't the leaders on the left do the same? Have they not done the same the past four years?

I don't necessarily think so. I do think that when a situation reaches a point of violence, it's a wake up call. These things don't happen in a vacuum.
its been a vacum in your world,,, you dont even know why they are protesting,,,

No matter Seattle or D.C. what has been happening is wrong and it is time for us adults say no more!

Protest in a peaceful way is fine but many times lately the fringes have taken their right to protest to far and today and the assault on Capitol Hill make me say this enough is enough!

youre past comments on this forum says different,,,

Link.
youve done nothing but defend the riots over the last yr,,,

now go ahead and delete my comments,,,,

Link.
a link is a string of numbers and letters that takes you to an internet page,,,

Forum List

Back